1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 2 hours, 53 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 21 hours, 6 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 19 hours, 53 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 14 hours, 6 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 55 of 56 FirstFirst ... 5 45 53 54 55 56 LastLast
    Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Patch 4.15 notes
    When using the performance actions, you are strictly prohibited from performing the music of any third parties. You may record and upload your performance and hereby agree to license such recordings to us for use by Square Enix or others in accordance with the terms of the “FINAL FANTASY XIV Material Usage License.”
    Better start planning for the emergency maint next week when they take this feature out.

[edit] tbh watching people jam out on their harps is pretty funny

Pay No Attention to the Man Behind the Curtain
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ragns Meuhie
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Silenka View Post
    Better start planning for the emergency maint next week when they take this feature out.
    I still want to see people remake songs from Powerman 5000 in game just to piss them off.

Pay No Attention to the Man Behind the Curtain
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ragns Meuhie
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 6souls View Post
    SE clarifies that the release of Stormblood had it's highest Paid-Sub since the release of 2.0
    http://www.hd.square-enix.com/eng/ne...8q2outline.pdf
    It helps to inflate your sub count to release the game in even more countries.

This was a bit before Heavensward:

And we know they released the game in South America and Russia right around Stormblood.

Meanwhile this is the traffic on BG in the FFXI section vs FFXIV section of the forums since the release of 2.0:

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Unfortunately, recent interviews have shown that Yoshida only really cares about staying in the profit zone, not so much about increasing profits, and in a game where they release at least $50 worth of cash shop garbage bi-monthly and idiots eat it up like chocolate on top of paying a monthly sub and having to buy every expansion pack at retail prices, that isn't too hard to do.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

BG FFXIV is pretty dead tho, has been for ages.

also if they put this in the cash shop I'll play their little profit game and buy it because DO WANT:

https://giant.gfycat.com/SpeedyCoura...esebeetle.webm

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

They'd better make it fly though. Ground-only mounts have scant little use anymore in this weird world where things immediately start moving faster when they're airborne.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Ofcourse it would fly, they have no reason to add ground only mounts to the game anymore. Everything beyond 2.0 mounts is going to fly.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Yeah I'll buy it too. I'm a sucker. Exploiting Carbuncle to get people's money is unfair (and brilliant).

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I was doing Ala Mhigo for DR Expert, and someone had to relog. While waiting at the stairs right before the two Mag Roaders, another person noticed that Elder Seedseer Kan-E-Senna was off to the side fighting randos.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Yup they're all there and you can find them all in those little areas off to the side.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Much more hands on than the first time lol.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

They had opportunity to make them do more. If only they make some dungeons like the WoW ones where NPCs actively participate with you.

In fact, the Dead Sea/first SB dungeon had Lyse and the others accompany you for the first 2 trash packs.

It's almost like they tried then somewhere along the line went "fuck it".

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
    Hell, they even had that whole solo dungeon instance of ARF back in 3.X where you and the Scions went in to rain some hell. Was probably the most scripting I've seen them done for dungeon NPCs short of a couple recent MSQ instances.

SE is probably too proud to just throw them generic "Do damage/spells/heals" AI for select portions of dungeons and call it a day.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

My bet is this shit is designed on a case by case basis and there's no one size fits all AI. Remember you also had the MSQ where you're fighting on top of the spot where Omega lies in the Carteneau Flats (First Frontline Map) and you got a few friends helping you fight off some imperials.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
    They had opportunity to make them do more. If only they make some dungeons like the WoW ones where NPCs actively participate with you.

In fact, the Dead Sea/first SB dungeon had Lyse and the others accompany you for the first 2 trash packs.

NO. because that will invariably end up as "dungeons where the NPCs run ahead and then back to the start and repeat several dozen times unless you kill the mobs in precisely the order they appear except you have to switch the fourth and fifth mob packs after the second boss"

I kid, I kid... but not really.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

Quote Originally Posted by Fiye View Post
    My bet is this shit is designed on a case by case basis and there's no one size fits all
    It's definitely this, and the devs hinted/said as much when people freaked out over the Carteneau NPCs "dodging" AOEs. The NPCs didn't actually dodge/react to the AOEs, they just moved out at a predetermined points which were sync'd up with the boss AOEs timers.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

All they really need to do is take some of the work they applied for the Squadron stuff and just apply them to self-driven combat NPCs. Have them generally follow the group helping/doing their own thing until all the players exit their designated area to assist in. </backseatdeveloper>

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Yuri-G View Post
    NO. because that will invariably end up as "dungeons where the NPCs run ahead and then back to the start and repeat several dozen times unless you kill the mobs in precisely the order they appear except you have to switch the fourth and fifth mob packs after the second boss"

I kid, I kid... but not really.

Shhh don't give out the pop mechanics for almighty apkallu..

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by FFXI Team
    What's Almighty Apkallu...
    Oh SE...

Queen of the Pity Party