1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 7 hours, 5 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 16 hours, 54 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 0 hours, 5 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 9 hours, 54 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 48 of 56 FirstFirst ... 38 46 47 48 49 50 ... LastLast
    The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Yeah. Dusk Vigil beat the shit out of everyone early on. Even when you had the appropriate drops from the dungeon at the highest allowable level, it still kicked your ass.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

I think a lot of that contributes to the damage being mostly magic... now that we can parry and block magic that should come down a fair bit.

Black Guy from Predator.
    Uppity Negro
    Secret Admin

The Immortal Bill Duke

BG Level

rdm is a blast, and the first dungeon was fucking beautiful. my healer certainly appreciated me healing myself when taking big hits, and the rdm damage is seriously nothing to scoff at.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Justina Suntail
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by AlastorTGN View Post
    So Tanks, I can only speak for dungeons so far but do you feel we're getting a hit a lot harder now? t might just be gear or the healers I'm getting but even with Sentinel it's like 'take a short breath, now get raped'.
    if enemies possess every secondary stat it's possible they do indeed hit harder.

I'm still having issues post Lv70 lol, just on a higher level, but specifically on trash.

Total Eclipse not generating enmity means I'm having to still Flash or I will lose aggro, and I still find that if I pull a big mob and switch to Shield after one or two flashes, I WILL get minced when CDs run out and with them I notice the healers spamming the Cure 2 equivalents, and also aggro there is even worse there. Aggro issues on bosses are still there but I'm willing to accept I'm kinda' fresh out the endgame gate, I had a NIN in Kugane just now shade me and after 2 Halone's I was okay, also the bosses hit nowhere near as hard as mass pulls do in my experience.

I'm not complaining but it's making me feel like I'm trash at this game again, and tanking in dungeons is a little unfun tbh.

She Shoots For The Stars
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elizara Paksenarrion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

This is tech a story question, but I thought I'd ask and see if they managed to add a little wink in the script.

Spoiler: show
    After the bit with the attack on the rebel base, when it came to Y'shtola, who was knocked out and getting healing magic from Krile, Krile yelled at me to the effect, "You're a healer, come help!"...I actually was on white mage. What did she say to you guys and what job were YOU on? I was wondering if that's job specific..

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

You should be pulling in Shield Oath if you're flashing, you'll never hold a group if you're trying to Flash in Sword Oath.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Meliadoul Tinjeru
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Elizara View Post
    This is tech a story question, but I thought I'd ask and see if they managed to add a little wink in the script.

After the bit with the attack on the rebel base, when it came to Y'shtola, who was knocked out and getting healing magic from Krile, Krile yelled at me to the effect, "You're a healer, come help!"...I actually was on white mage. What did she say to you guys and what job were YOU on? I was wondering if that's job specific..
    Job specific. I did it on Dragoon and Krile told me to hold her down.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by AlastorTGN View Post
    I'm still having issues post Lv70 lol, just on a higher level, but specifically on trash.

Total Eclipse not generating enmity means I'm having to still Flash or I will lose aggro, and I still find that if I pull a big mob and switch to Shield after one or two flashes, I WILL get minced when CDs run out and with them I notice the healers spamming the Cure 2 equivalents, and also aggro there is even worse there. Aggro issues on bosses are still there but I'm willing to accept I'm kinda' fresh out the endgame gate, I had a NIN in Kugane just now shade me and after 2 Halone's I was okay, also the bosses hit nowhere near as hard as mass pulls do in my experience.

I'm not complaining but it's making me feel like I'm trash at this game again, and tanking in dungeons is a little unfun tbh.
    Am I misunderstanding you, or are you trying to tank trash in Sword Oath? If so, there's your mistake

Black Guy from Predator.
    Uppity Negro
    Secret Admin

The Immortal Bill Duke

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Elizara View Post

i was on rdm; she told me to hold her down

Quote Originally Posted by Dotsudoku View Post
    Am I misunderstanding you, or are you trying to tank trash in Sword Oath? If so, there's your mistake
    Have times changed because I could do that all the time in HW with the last few Expert dungeons? Obviously on PLD there wasn't much point but as a DRK and WAR I could.

a p. sweet dude

BG Level

You never could on PLD.

Okay, can WAR/DRK still tank trash in DPS stance or will they get shredded now too?

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

It's probably not recommended this early on, at any level. When we're moderately overgeared, WAR will probably be able. DRK's braindead enmity AoE took a significant hit in the update, so it's probably not advisable for them

But as it was mentioned, PLD was really never able to do that

Black Guy from Predator.
    Uppity Negro
    Secret Admin

The Immortal Bill Duke

BG Level

I can attest to DRK aoe being trash. every big aoe pull in the first dungeon, my rdm's aoe had me yanking aggro from the drk.

Why is it only now I'm hearing this from others? Not a peep (I may have missed it) from Reddit. Genuinely thought I was fucking up big tme, someone said maybe I'm too used to be being BiS 'OP', not sure how true that is, probably is.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

People seem to be under the impression there's been an overarching change. I'd take that with a grain of salt. PLD always lost hate in large packs if Flash or enmity combos were neglected. It remains to be seen if a WAR in Defiance spamming Overpower has any issues. And DRK is a special case- the patch notes showed their AOE enmity attack went from 100 to 50 potency

tldr it's not impossible they messed with enmity, but tentatively I'd blame it on gear differentials, unfamiliarity, and tanks thinking they can get away with trying to hold hate purely through DPS

a p. sweet dude

BG Level

People jumping on PLD from the other two don't realize how ass it was and still sort of is at AoE threat generation. The combination of item level/stat scaling making things hit harder again, and people trying to treat PLD like WAR or DRK is not working to your advantage.

PLD needs to stay in Shield Oath for group pulls. Try to stay in Sword Oath all dungeon long and you're gonna have a bad time. WAR is probably fine, DRK I dunno, don't play it often enough. I get the feeling you either have never really played PLD or at the very least, haven't in a long-ass time.

No, I get what you're saying, there was no point to PLD going Sword anyway in HW because all you could do was Goring ads one by one at which point they're all dead before you do anything meaningful because they hadn't nerfed like all the AoE spells yet, but if you did I'm sure trash in HW still couldn't touch you, aggro wise you're right I guess. I mained PLD but when I levelled WAR I didn't play PLD much in dungeons, whenever I did it was when I was post A12S shit so maybe that had something to do with it, or maybe HW dungeons were really easy.

Just did Kugane again because I was Verity farming (not sure if it's less soul crushing then PvP) and there's a second pull where you fight a suit of Armor and some Ninja on the Bridge, I avoided the 2 Samurai just before that and wiped everything else out and the game doesn't let you pass without killing those 2 Samurai which really pissed me off

Black Guy from Predator.
    Uppity Negro
    Secret Admin

The Immortal Bill Duke

BG Level

warriors are ass at keeping it at the low 60s while in dps stance; i've personally died 4 times in dungeons from pulling aggro on single target fights. 63 rdm