1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 20 hours, 12 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 3 hours, 47 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 13 hours, 12 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 20 hours, 47 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 56 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 ... LastLast
    a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

A nerf to Holy Spirit is pretty stupid regardless of how they do it. WAR already parses basically equally with PLD, now they're getting rid of the stance swapping penalty and buffing WAR potencies. Those two combined should be more than enough to put WAR ahead of PLD's damage, the Holy Spirit nerf on top of that is wholly unnecessary.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Quote Originally Posted by Dotsudoku View Post
    I wish they'd just nerf the damage of Holy Spirit itself instead of casting or recasting time. The rotation is perfect as is
    Agreed. It was too close to Fell Cleave damage for being so spammable but the rotation is fantastic. Or leave it alone and buff Cleave along with Drk buffs. Plds having a physical and magic "phase" separate from one another is pretty badass. Its a lot closer to a "holy knight" than 3.0 ever was, and the rotation just worked from a design standpoint. Cooldowns line up nicely. Increasing the cast time will throw a lot of shit off.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

I don't think a nerf is warranted, but given that it's already a certainty, I wish it had been in such a way to leave our rotation intact

a p. sweet dude

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
    Agreed. It was too close to Fell Cleave damage for being so spammable
    It really isn't though. With the Requiescat buff it's 516 potency. Fell Cleave is 500 at base, then stack on the 20% Storm's Eye buff, the 15% slashing debuff, and Berserk and it eclipses Holy Spirit.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Quote Originally Posted by Obsidian View Post
    It really isn't though. With the Requiescat buff it's 516 potency. Fell Cleave is 500 at base, then stack on the 20% Storm's Eye buff, the 15% slashing debuff, and Berserk and it eclipses Holy Spirit.
    Potency-wise, you're absolutely correct. I was speaking more in terms of how many a Pld can throw out vs. a War within 2 or so minutes, but given the removal of stance-dancing penalties (why was it there in the first goddamn place?), you make a good point. MT War can basically throw out the same amount as OT War now, so yeah.

a p. sweet dude

BG Level

The other thing people don't consider is that WAR can and does Fell Cleave in between hexa-cleaves. Holy Spirit is a DPS loss for PLD without Requiescat so you're literally only doing 6 every minute.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

They were either going to take a bite out of PLD's DPS or its utility. Regrettable that they chose the more useful of the two.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

I'm all aboard the "buff, don't nerf" train, so we'll see the results, and if it means pld needs to have those changes reverted, people should cry out for them until they come.

a p. sweet dude

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post
    They were either going to take a bite out of PLD's DPS or its utility. Regrettable that they chose the more useful of the two.
    The stupid thing about this to me is that they're buffing WAR potencies and nerfing Holy Spirit at the same time. WAR and PLD are already parsing basically even, just buff WAR potencies and then if you really think PLD is still too close after that, then look at Holy Spirit. Changing a bunch of shit at once drives me ballistic because they're less likely to go back and revert something after the fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
    I'm all aboard the "buff, don't nerf" train, so we'll see the results, and if it means pld needs to have those changes reverted, people should cry out for them until they come.
    Paladins told SE the job was trashcan-tier for three years before they finally made changes to it. It took WARs a month to get 2.1 buffs and now ~three weeks to get 4.05 buffs. They're also completely changing Shake It Off while PLD is still sitting over here with Tempered Will wondering who's mom they fucked to be so hated by the devs.

That is to say, I have absolutely zero faith they'll revisit this after they fuck it up.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Hioki Mitone
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Destromath

What's wrong with Tempered Will? I tend to find it a pretty decent utility for PLD and haven't heard many complaints about it. More so in recent content where things tend to have knockbacks in spades.

Shake it off on the other hand is like the red headed step child of Tempered will.

a p. sweet dude

BG Level

It's 10 seconds of knockback immunity on a three minute timer. If the cooldown were significantly shorter or the duration significantly longer (and mobs came with a spammable knockback that would warrant its use) it wouldn't be so bad, but as it is, the cooldown requires you to know how to deal with being knocked back regardless which makes it effectively pointless. A ton of shit also just ignores it which is retarded. Shake it Off is terrible as-is, there's no doubt, but Tempered Will isn't much better.

The only legitimate use I can ever recall for it was in T9 to negate the pillar knockback so the party could keep wailing on Nael while I stood outside the safe zone.

Funny about Shake it off... I thought it might be useful in potd hard mode with all the cleansible debuffs but the skill is lv68

a p. sweet dude

BG Level

It probably wouldn't work on half of them anyway, because much like Tenacity, when something sounds like it could actually be useful, it'll probably be cut off at the knees.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Hioki Mitone
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Destromath

I agree that the CD is a bit long for what it offers but I've used it pretty often in most of the new fights to maintain some additional uptime on bosses. Tempered Will tends to work on a surprising amount of things at endgame where most CD's do not (sup Holmgang pull in). I'd probably be more angry if a utility didn't work at all and was simply button bloat.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Unrelated to current discussion, but is this the patch releasing Shirogane housing?

No, it will be in patch 4.1 (or later)

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Have they said what the hold-up on it is? Are they trying to implement the ability to move without completely tearing down your house?

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

dunno but tempered will works on Tidal Wave in Shinryu Fight. Granted its very niche but still has its uses.
    I still dont know why nerf jobs instead of bringing others up robpar..,

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Raldo View Post
    Have they said what the hold-up on it is? Are they trying to implement the ability to move without completely tearing down your house?
    They probably just don't want the brunt of the house rage to overlap too much with the brunt of the job rage