Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I've got 21,000 Gems and I dont plan on doing a single pull until the FFBE collab or more SO:2 characters start appearing. I have two 5* Characters from the Chose-one and the Pre-reg rewards, as well as two 5* Weapons, one from pre-reg and one from the Item Shop trade in.

PS: You have a 5* Exchange coin for weapons if you go into the item shop, any 5* Weapon of your choice from 1 of each weapon type. You also have 20 Platinum Ingots which are worth 100k a piece, and the Item shop has two packages you can buy for 90k total that give ~99 of the Biggest Exp crystals. Theres also a 5* Prime ticket for 3,000 gems in that shop as well as a bunch of other things. The 3-a-day Maze also lets you trade 75 Maze tokens for 500 gems a total of 15 times, seems to reset every 6 days probably different rewards idk. Check the Item Shop, its great.

EITHER WAY, they didn't nerf the Gem acquiring rate quite like I thought they would from the JP version, though I haven't compared them number for number it feels good so far, and generous. Still waiting until a good Banner.

Duplicitous Jew with Political Aspirations
    BG Level

I haven't been saving gems at all. I'm not even off the first planet and they've been throwing so many at me that I just kept using them.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

You'll end up with about 20-30k gems collecting everything available right now.

Dont forget multiplayer you get free gems for first 100 new meetups in party

Seems weird you can't see who's following you to add back that way.

Anyway, like, how we gonna go about trying to arrange MP for rep stuff? Just randomly hoping for mutual rooms seems silly, but at the same time, 40 stamina for the misery gerel stage doesn't leave much room for repeats, either.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

if you go to the gerel menu and guest from there, you will least get locked into seeking for gerel fights only

Sea Torques
    BG Level

I think what annoys me the most of the multiplay is that there is no minimum level requirement you can set for lobby you create. Been doing Frost Tree and I have had to abandon a room I setup every couple times because I get some lvl 30 that thinks a carry is fine.

In other news, I finished leveling Victor to 70, now I'm working on getting augments to 6* Hana so I have a healer option to queue as well. Been kinda enjoying doing misery tiers on tank, pretty much makes sure the run is successful.

Yeah, been LFG from the specific fight menu, but that's just random PUGs. Have the 3 5* rods at 5k to go before moving on to the consumables.

Duplicitous Jew with Political Aspirations
    BG Level

Game crashed as soon as I tried to open it all afternoon and evening, finally started and my data was gone, so I think I'll be skipping this game after all.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

the gacha rates aren't total fucking shit either

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Code: 2J7GG4H3C2

Anyone reading the story? Does it get any good? I did for a couple of first missions, but then started skipping, as it felt more annoying that interesting and I just wanted to fight, lol.

More or less the most important plot point is that there are some bad guys plundering resources from planets for an unknown reason.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Also, playing this made me finally cave in to get SO5, a decision made even easier when I saw I could grab it for around $16

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

The item shop is my only gripe with it right now. If you absolutely wanted too you could whale the fuck out of the all the mats you need to lvl up, augment, and more with gems. Kinda defeats the purpose of grinding when you could drop 500-1500 gems right then for the items.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

What's the difference between a 5* Ace and a normal 5*? Can the same unit be an Ace, and have a version that's not an Ace for example?

Ace seems to have higher stats.

Stats and can use more seeds, it seems. Don't have to worry about non-ace pulls, either. It either is for everyone that pulls it or it's not. Think aces need more LB mats, though.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Just started playing a couple of days ago, pulled a Myuria and Cliff that I heard were pretty good characters. Working on Myuria at the moment. Once I'm finished with her, I'll work on Cliff. One thing I don't have yet is a healer, though. Some people told me not to waste gems on any of the healers that are out right now. Are there any good character banners coming up soonish that I should be looking out for?

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I haven't really been doing much with it this past week. It feels like a lack of content, a story that didn't grip me, and perhaps too generous of a gacha has kinda turned me off for now. I had held back about 20k worth of the launch gems but spent everything else on buying stuff and pulls. It got me to the point of having a LB 7 6* Nal with various other 5*s and 5* weapons.

I think the two things that bug me most is the weapon grinding to unlock lvl 20. That's great that they've included the ability to grind weapons and enhance them up a tier. But tying it in with my 2nd problem, you end up in an awkward position where you're not capped with playtime.

The multiplayer functionality of the game kind of forces you to look at it not as a mobile game, but a full time game. Just like any MMO or more serious game, you could sit there and grind away for hours upon hours working towards your goals at no energy cost for your currency, enhancement mats, etc. I don't really want to devote that kind of time to the game, and seeing how things are currently balanced around everyone having a rookie bonus, it feels like the game will slow down dramatically once that wears off and your gains are cut by 30%~.

Multiplayer is largely a mixed bag as well. I've seen teams that manually play and mop the floor with hard content. Then I've joined a game where everyone was on auto and nearly wiped to the Hard (20 energy) event level. Same deal with the rushes. Some will chain to get the most out of em or use them intelligently to boost everyone, while others will sit on them the whole fight.

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quit for a couple months and come back. Everything you described is nothing but the starting pains of almost every Mobile game, and I can't blame ya. I assure you it does improve. Hell I did it with FFBE in the early days, and now I've been playing that for two years.

Yeah, my motivation hasn't been too hot, either. The steep stamina costs make doing things solo for prolonged periods more or less impossible. Meanwhile, waiting on queues longer than stage attempts can suck the fun out of things, too. The story being butt doesn't really do any favors, either.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast