+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
    BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Not even gonna attempt it solo or multi. Plus I'm saving my cave coins until christmas if the banner(s)s are good so can't wait for that.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

What are cave coins?

A few other questions, as I'm not quite sure how to proceed now that I have a character that can do M1 content, and gamble on M2:

• I've augmented H. Clair and she's L70, plus her weapon is L8, but I've no way to uncap it. Should I go for the event weapon for her? I've already cleared to box four, and pulling on that doesn't seem worth it, but I'm not sure.
    • What should I focus on buying from events, after I have the weapon and character tickets? Are the weapons usually good to get, even if you don't have the characters they are for?
    • How the hell do I level more then one character? The color dungeons give so little and take a while to pop and buying prisms, from events, seems like a last resort.
    • As F2P, are the shop bundles, for augments and the ace tickets worth it? I'd like more 5* but the leveling issue comes into play too, and these bundles seem the real way to do it. Currently have 48K gems.
    • Any good wiki out there or is it translating a JP wiki; can't find an English one.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Kachiko View Post
    What are cave coins?

A few other questions, as I'm not quite sure how to proceed now that I have a character that can do M1 content, and gamble on M2:

• I've augmented H. Clair and she's L70, plus her weapon is L8, but I've no way to uncap it. Should I go for the event weapon for her? I've already cleared to box four, and pulling on that doesn't seem worth it, but I'm not sure.
    • What should I focus on buying from events, after I have the weapon and character tickets? Are the weapons usually good to get, even if you don't have the characters they are for?
    • How the hell do I level more then one character? The color dungeons give so little and take a while to pop and buying prisms, from events, seems like a last resort.
    • As F2P, are the shop bundles, for augments and the ace tickets worth it? I'd like more 5* but the leveling issue comes into play too, and these bundles seem the real way to do it. Currently have 48K gems.
    • Any good wiki out there or is it translating a JP wiki; can't find an English one.
    Leveling sucks. Quests don't really give much. I tend to think of them as farming for ascension materials, rather than EXP.
    Event focus should be: Unit/Weapon tickets > Barrier Blaster > Anything you need.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...lview?sle=true

This is a tier list for weapons and units. Click on the weapon type tab, and it should have the weapons, and whether they're good or trash.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by IceSylph View Post
    Leveling sucks. Quests don't really give much. I tend to think of them as farming for ascension materials, rather than EXP.
    Event focus should be: Unit/Weapon tickets > Barrier Blaster > Anything you need.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...lview?sle=true

This is a tier list for weapons and units. Click on the weapon type tab, and it should have the weapons, and whether they're good or trash.

Thanks; I had seen that before but I've book marked it for now.

I'm having a hard time saying "no" to the Halloween limited item set and the SO3 item set B. The prisms in them are perfect for leveling 2B and Myuria, plus the 5* Ace ticket and 5* weapon tickets. Most games are about collecting the units you want, but this game also requires they be leveled, and I'm not see a way to do that outside of the gem bundles, unless it's really long term saving in general. Probably get a red augment as well, for 2b and be set for a long while, since my friend list is mostly S. Myuria, S. Sophies, Remi, and a mix of V. Victor and Marias, to round out what I currently don't have. Work on 2B and Myuria's weapons and then see what happens from there.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Kachiko View Post
    Thanks; I had seen that before but I've book marked it for now.

I'm having a hard time saying "no" to the Halloween limited item set and the SO3 item set B. The prisms in them are perfect for leveling 2B and Myuria, plus the 5* Ace ticket and 5* weapon tickets. Most games are about collecting the units you want, but this game also requires they be leveled, and I'm not see a way to do that outside of the gem bundles, unless it's really long term saving in general. Probably get a red augment as well, for 2b and be set for a long while, since my friend list is mostly S. Myuria, S. Sophies, Remi, and a mix of V. Victor and Marias, to round out what I currently don't have. Work on 2B and Myuria's weapons and then see what happens from there.
    I'd focus on just that one great character you have for now. The game is (unfortunately) extremely multiplayer focused, so you only really get to bring 1 character. More characters leveled are better for the Maze. Story is extremely easy, so that's not really an issue. Over time, the EXP will roll in. The bottle neck, in my opinion, are those medium crystals needed to go from 60-70. Never have enough of those, for any character I've leveled >.>

Unfortunately also, the devs aren't giving us as many limit break crystals as we should be getting, making it even harder for a new player, and also less incentive for up to date players to even want to pull, since having a high LB character is such important.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by IceSylph View Post
    I'd focus on just that one great character you have for now. The game is (unfortunately) extremely multiplayer focused, so you only really get to bring 1 character. More characters leveled are better for the Maze. Story is extremely easy, so that's not really an issue. Over time, the EXP will roll in. The bottle neck, in my opinion, are those medium crystals needed to go from 60-70. Never have enough of those, for any character I've leveled >.>

Unfortunately also, the devs aren't giving us as many limit break crystals as we should be getting, making it even harder for a new player, and also less incentive for up to date players to even want to pull, since having a high LB character is such important.

So I was reading, but yes, I did want 3 leveled characters for maze. Kinda stuck around floor 11 or so, and I'm a mid purple uncap item away from augmenting Myuria; finished 2b with the purchases I mentioned above. Tried camping the 20 stamina multi-enhance dungeon, but those pops take so long. I can LB twice more, with the mats I currently have, but that still only takes me to L3 on H. Claire. Guess that MLB is a long way off for now.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Picked up Maria on a free draw, then transmuted Storm Bolt. Getting kinda set for current global and just about bought out the current event shops.

Prime Minister of Salt

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Omega Deathbringer
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Looks like its Nier Round 2 feat. 2B, A2(defender) and 9S(shooter) after maint.

Choo choo for A2

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Deathbringer View Post
    Looks like its Nier Round 2 feat. 2B, A2(defender) and 9S(shooter) after maint.

Choo choo for A2
    Pretty salty with this, since I had to go so deep for 2B, and she's on the banner >.>

Hope I can atleast get the true waifu, A2.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Pulled for A2.
    Tickets didn't give anything.
    Very first pull gave 2B. It took me 90k gems to get her originally -_-
    Got A2 after 25k gems.

Also did dumb thing like doing 3 stepups to get A2's Beastlord >.>
    Managed to finish 2B's weapon MLB in the process.
    A2 is already max LB from the augment items I had around. Favorite Nier character, otherwise I wouldn't have did so many stepups for her weapon.

Prime Minister of Salt

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Omega Deathbringer
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Blew up my gems for A2-> gets 2 9S and weapons..... sighhhhhhh 4/5 on A2, but 5/5 9S' :///

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Dunno if I really want to pull for A2 as I don't really get perfect dodging things. I'm usually dodging way in advance of stuff cause shit hurts to get hit with. Kinda hoping for Christmas Eve instead, as they've released the other first gen holiday characters.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Oravis Altago
    FFXIV Server
    Exodus
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Wanted A2 and I already have a MLB 2B.
    First pull got me 9S which I'm fine with.
    Second pull got me another 9S and A2.
    First weapon pull got me Beastlord. I'm done here lol

Prime Minister of Salt

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Omega Deathbringer
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Asura

After messing around with 9S, hes too damn good- what would be the most unsafe move(his jumping attack) is not only safe, but gives -50% AP since it counts as a dodge due to his trait.

Now I'm going to be tapped out on LB mats since him and A2 are going to be Max LB'd

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Five 10 Pulls into this banner with 1 off Banner rainbow to show for it. I'm so salty it hurts my soul.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Decided to MLB H.Clair cause there are so many damn 2B around, even if 2B has a longer shelf life, and hot damn, the damage increase. Looks like about 50% total stat gain from LB0, and while it was hard to hit 800K before, I could hit 1.8 million afterwards. Even saw a 4.5 million burst chain once. Shit's nuts and now I have to work on Myuria next. Need more LB mats, and it looks like they are going to increase the supply.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Started last night and the game has been super generous and I am enjoying it.

Hearing all the problems about coop and repetitive content has me worried. I want the game to be good but I already can’t find any coop rooms for anything.

Also, what is the best way to farm those yellow tickets in the Tomb of Remembrance event?

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

You will never find coop rooms 9/10 in story mode except the final room on final planet. For event stuff most people only run highest difficulty. Until you’re level 70 you’ll likely be booted from the highest content cause you’ll just leech and die.

Pick a character and max them, maybe MLB you’re favorite too.

As far as the ticket concern, the hardest difficulty boss is usually the best option but your team will run over... do the highest you can win. Boss rooms are the ones with monster faces.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    You will never find coop rooms 9/10 in story mode except the final room on final planet. For event stuff most people only run highest difficulty. Until you’re level 70 you’ll likely be booted from the highest content cause you’ll just leech and die.

Pick a character and max them, maybe MLB you’re favorite too.

As far as the ticket concern, the hardest difficulty boss is usually the best option but your team will run over... do the highest you can win. Boss rooms are the ones with monster faces.
    Well I can clear the highest in the ToR event and it gives me like 10-15 tickets per...which seems awful. Is that right?

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by SathFenrir View Post
    Well I can clear the highest in the ToR event and it gives me like 10-15 tickets per...which seems awful. Is that right?
    That... seems right for single player and back luck. Is that the Misery 1 boss? I know it can drop 8, 15, or 50 and up to 6 drops of so... it’s going to last two weeks don’t run yourself ragged on it.

That said the idea is to run multiplayer either as a guest for stamina free runs of a host for bonus drops for hosting. But again at your level it might be a gamble if people will be willing to take you.

If you’re running single player misery 1 then yah that’s the best option if you’re avoiding MP

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast