1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 0 hours, 12 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 23 hours, 47 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 17 hours, 12 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 16 hours, 47 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: GC Squadron training     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

the easiest way ive seen to get new recruits is to just do the GS challenge log stuff. some are ridiculously easy.. so like.. do 5-10 punch gilgamesh games, enter battlehall and play like 5-10 triple triad matches (also nets good MGP btw).

After a certain point you don't actually ever need to get new recruits unless you're aiming for the unique outfit ones because you can change their class using the Contemporary Warfare logs (you get a couple from ranking squadron up, some can be rewards from deployment/chemistry, and once you're first lieutenant you can just buy them). Good diversity in classes is probably recommended. like you probably want 2 CNJ for when you do the high mental missions (or you can just not do those).

A good idea is to send all your squad members for the higher ranked missions at some point so they get new chemistry like conditional 50% DPS materia or whatever, and basically keep that chemistry so that you can use them to farm for items etc.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

You can get them in outfits? lol

My team are all rocking Titan weapons for the last few days.... kinda wonder what determines their gear

I like to imagine that they're farming him lol

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

There are 2 recruits per race (1 of each gender) that have unique outfits which don't change no matter what level and what class they are. The reindeer mentioned above is one of them..

See here
    http://i.imgur.com/cMnaj1t.png

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Oh wow!!!! Thanks

The top 2 hyur black/white... what outfit is that in-game? Doesn't seem familiar at the moment. I don't think it's one of the 180 PvP sets, is it ... ?

Otherwise, I have the Au Ra female Pugilist at the bottom. But I never thought it was a unique outfit... still, pretty cool I guess.

The snowman and deer made me laugh though. They look like complete jokes. And miqote archer is a must have.

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

it's the pvp white/black griffin set

DoM...180? I think?

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Yep verified it to be that set. It looks less cooler on me and more cooler in the portrait lol

Lostbane
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mexi Lostbane
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

I have the Rogue in the reindeer outfit, as well as the Roe in colosseum gear. Their outfits haven't changed at all but everyone else seems obsessed with Titan weapons.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sukimin Yakumo
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Titan weapon is level 40.

those titan weapons are butt ugly, idk why they went with those instead of iffrit/ruda.

Oh and at lvl 50, they wear the augmented sets (cashmere,etc) and ebony weapons.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Oh.... so it's a set thing and not a randomly generated thing

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

They're pretty boss if they're farming Titan HM at lv40 dont you think lol

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

So apparently chemistry bonuses are not cumulative.

I should have been guaranteed crafting scrips and MGP from this mission. I only got the scrips.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

That's the most important one so.. good job?

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Bumping this as it's squadron discussion

Since release, I've not able to get them to bring back scripts, materia, or anything else besides the reward for a particular mission. This is when I've got the chemistry right.

How the hell do I actually start to use them to bring me back goodies? Assigning them on further missions with chemistries just isn't working.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

It's only a chance and like doesn't stack with like (you won't get 2x gatherer scrips if 2 of them can bring it back). I have one that has a 30% chance to bring me back MGP, one with a 30% chance of gatherer's scrips and one with a 10% of crafter's scrips. Recently I got like 1.1k MGP from a mission but it doesn't always pop. As long as their chemistry is for scrips or whatever and is actually active you have a chance of getting it. But you also have a chance of not getting it

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

If you really suspect your squad is bugged, check the Routine Mission (center) list for a mission that has an affinity that matches to one of your chemistries. If you have an affinity then that chemistry is guaranteed to trigger.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Did one of the new command missions. The AI is reasonably smart, and you can kind of do big pulls. Make sure to bring phoenix down/company-issue expectorant in case your healer dies (unless you're the healer).

Wanderer's Palace is the highest level command dungeon and I will never be doing that again. The big tonberry is annoying with NPCs, and the last boss is incredibly dumb with this setup... I don't know if I would have been able to beat the last boss if I was on a tank job. I'm glad I finished it once for the check mark.

BTW, you can repeat dungeons. It's not a once-per-week limit like the normal missions.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

The AI is ok but the healer stood there with 100 HP at the last boss in Halatali without casting a single heal on herself and spamming Stone II/Break (she was healing others just fine). I was using default settings though so maybe it will get better by changing things around.
    Despite all this it was still faster than 90% of the runs with PUGs so yay lol.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

I'm baffled by all the "AI is fine" reports. Maybe I'm doing something wrong? I did Halatali last night (as a tank because I had already sent my dudes out on their 18hr thing and had no tanks left to run with) and the bastards just ignored all the adds. 1st boss in Halatali -- nobody hit the adds, so I'm running around as a tank killing the dumb little fires. 2nd boss in Halatali -- nobody hit the adds until I forced them to by hitting engage while targetting them. 3rd boss in Halatali -- my dumb squad just stood in the fire at the bosses feet and once again ignored adds. Do I need to do something specific to get them to do the freaking mechanics? There are so many freaking adds in Halatali's boss runs, they can't seriously expect you hit hit Engage on every single add, can they? Are the people that think the AI is fine doing these on DPS jobs so adds die so fast they just don't care? I imagine if I had gone on Bard (like I had originally intended) I probably wouldn't have noticed anything wrong at all.

Also, does anyone know what the uhhh, shoot what are they called... battle types (defensive/offensive/independent/balanced) actually do yet and/or how they level up? I mean, I know that they do +damageDealt -damageTaken stuff, but do they affect the AI at all? My dudes each unlocked a new type (not necessarily an appropriate type, since my thm got defensive but maybe he deserved that for STANDING IN THE FUCKING FIRE AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE IN THE HALATALI LAST BOSS), but I didn't see their initial assignment of independent level up or anything.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Hmm yeah, hit engage. Also AI tank will run and pick up any add that aggroes and attacks other party members. Ignore adds on boss #1, engage adds on #2, kill sprites on #3. AI members are immune to pool damage from what I've noticed (they were standing in the water for #2 and took no damage). They don't bother with mechanics in Halatali because there's no need to
    They can also use any ability regardless of sync.