1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 5 hours, 13 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 18 hours, 46 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 22 hours, 13 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 11 hours, 46 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: GC Squadron training     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Why would you waste the time killing the adds in halatali 1st boss? Even players just focus the boss and heal through the aoe damage. It only becomes slightly an issue when you encounter 2nd and final boss and having to manage them.

Pay No Attention to the Man Behind the Curtain
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ragns Meuhie
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

The AI is pretty accurate with the PuG experience.

Just had a lancer AI that stood in fire until it killed itself to be raised pop blood-for-blood and get itself killed again.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Raldo View Post
    I'm baffled by all the "AI is fine" reports. Maybe I'm doing something wrong? I did Halatali last night (as a tank because I had already sent my dudes out on their 18hr thing and had no tanks left to run with) and the bastards just ignored all the adds. 1st boss in Halatali -- nobody hit the adds, so I'm running around as a tank killing the dumb little fires.
    I went in on DPS and I could click disengage, run past a couple groups, then click re-engage and stuff got properly tanked and killed while everyone stayed alive (though I didn't verify if ARC was using Quick Nock). Good enough for government work!

Quote Originally Posted by Alkar View Post
    They can also use any ability regardless of sync.
    I think you can always use all your (equipped) role abilities regardless of sync? I know you have to get to a certain level to initially unlock each ability, but I want to say I've still had everything when doing level-synced stuff.

On a side note, since squads are classes and not jobs, they would obviously have the ability to use all 10 role abilities. But I don't think that's what you were referring to.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I'm talking about class skills, my conjurer was casting Medica II in Halatali.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

ARC is pretty strong, ACN is pretty fucking terrible-- it'll sit and spam bane when it has no dots up on a target and then walk up and miasma 2.

edit -
    so the electrified water of halatali doesn't kill your squad but the poison in toto-rak will. Seems to be working fine.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Will ACN at least rez, or is it completely useless? I like having an ACN in my squadron for flexibility in hitting daily mission requirements, so it looks like someone is getting a desk job. ACN was always the worst class, so I guess this isn't really a surprise.

Yeah, ARC was pulling hate (over the tank and me!) several times. I also want to try out THM and see if it's smart enough to AOE. I'm not sure if the melee jobs are going to be useless. If I had to take a guess right now, I'd say optimized dungeon squad is player on SCH, MRD ARC THM (squadron LB is basically melee LB+1 anyway).

---

As far as enemy AOEs go, I think it may be that NPCs don't get hit by direct damage but they are subject to debuffs? I also noticed poison doing a lot of work in Wanderer's Palace. I haven't done Stone Vigil in a while so I don't remember the mechanics, but I think that may be the best time/exp choice. WP is way too slow and dumb. Of course, that's presuming that one would even care about exp after your squad hits 60; if every dungeon gives you the same "amount" of role expansion (independent etc.), then obviously we'll just end up spamming whatever is best suited to speedruns after everyone is 60.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

This is the most frustrating shit

edit -
    ACN will cast Physic in absolute emergencies, I don't know about casting raise I've been running as tank and haven't died myself but they have found ways to die lol.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vigilia Dulaurier
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Has anyone done Wanderer's Palace with themselves on DPS? I have tried so many times tonight and the last boss is just impossible. The tank AI makes the tank run around grabbing all the minis and not holding any hate on the boss so the tonberry king goes around taking out rest of the squad and me.

EDIT: Jebus took ten(?) wipes but did it eventually. Had to kill pretty much all of the mini tonberries to stop them from distracting the tank so she would hold hate on the boss. Half the wipes were just because I got one-shotted by the boss yayyy... not doing that one again in a hurry.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Yeah, I did WP on DPS. Incredibly dumb. I was on MCH, so I did light DPS on boss, kill first 2 tonberries, max DPS until more tonberries spawn, Refresh (which halves enmity), kill tonberries, moderate DPS on boss (don't aggro) while killing little tonberries until the final set of 8 big tonberries spawn (ignore them), then stay in center, full burn on boss and use Tactician to halve your enmity once more when you pull hate.

Took me 4 tries to win.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vigilia Dulaurier
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Dan View Post
    Yeah, I did WP on DPS. Incredibly dumb. I was on MCH, so I did light DPS on boss, kill first 2 tonberries, max DPS until more tonberries spawn, Refresh (which halves enmity), kill tonberries, moderate DPS on boss (don't aggro) while killing little tonberries until the final set of 8 big tonberries spawn (ignore them), then stay in center, full burn on boss and use Tactician to halve your enmity once more when you pull hate.

Took me 4 tries to win.
    Yep, replace MCH with RDM and throw in Lucid dreaming for -enmity and that's exactly how it went. So hard to not pull hate on RDM though, had a fully loaded gauge till the last 10% and never used nothing but jolt so much. Half my wipes were just because I thought I'd be okay just to throw in one itsy-bitsy weaponskill.. just one... NOPE.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Idk if it's just completing 10 dungeons that unlocked this but got the emotes.
    Also the Archer is so OP because it can use Barrage every 15 seconds.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Hmmm. Who else has a broken CD? Howling Fist seems like it might be worth it.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Doing this seems to go best for me when I just go as a tank. It is pretty hilarious how much damage the Archers NPCs do in dungeons. I don't really have any of the other DPS to check them since my entire squadron is just Marauder x2, Conjurer x2, and Archer x4, but doesn't seem like I need the other classes anyways.

Still not entirely sure what the point of this is and I'll probably stop after getting the emotes, but maybe there will be more use for it in the future.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I tried ROG and PGL together, and PGL DPS is terrible. ROG seemed objectively good but I couldn't quite tell why. Next up is LNC vs. THM, winner faces ROG, winner of that faces ARC for DPS title.

Some useful intel on class changes: they will drop 1 level, but their TNL is also reset, so obviously if you do a class change before they hit 60, you want to do so right after they ding. The good news is that unlocked gambits (for lack of a better term) are not reset. I still need to test if you can do a dungeon while you're in the middle of one of the hour-long daily trainings.

And as for the point: I haven't gotten it to trigger yet, but supposedly you can get mission bonuses (crafting scrips, MGP, etc.) from doing dungeons just as you can from daily missions, and the dungeons don't have daily restrictions. Speaking of which:

Quote Originally Posted by Scythiroth View Post
    my entire squadron is just Marauder x2, Conjurer x2, and Archer x4, but doesn't seem like I need the other classes anyways.
    For the daily missions, the more classes/races you have available, the more shots you have to take advantage of affinity bonuses (which guarantee chemistry triggers for that NPC on that mission).

Found out the other day that squadron dungeons also qualify for Khloe books, so I just keep resetting the dungeon ones while leveling up my squadron.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Quote Originally Posted by octopus View Post
    Found out the other day that squadron dungeons also qualify for Khloe books, so I just keep resetting the dungeon ones while leveling up my squadron.
    They also count toward challenge logs as well (though I think it would really only affect the "run 5 dungeons" one). I almost missed out on some challenge log exp because of that.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Stone vigil via squad is the single best exp method in the game right now unless you get instant dungeon queues. Even then I would highly debate it. With rested, tier 3 GC/FC exp bonus, Ala Mhigan Earring (works while synced), and food I get +213% kill exp and the run gains like 550k exp in 10 minutes as anything under 60. That's on par with a perfect potd and has no risk of idiots or bad floors. Even for 60+ you're only losing out on 50% of the armory bonus.

Arc arc mrd cnj. Replace ourself with whatever role you want to level. Go nuts.
    Also WP gives anima light. It's less actual exp though.

Well, the raid roulette just gave me 2.3mil exp as lv66 for a 20 minute Lota run ;o

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Arc is hands down the best DPS to bring in any situation. Every move is instant, they attack from ranged so they don't lose DPS from standing still after using abilities (the main reason why monk is so terrible unless you literally sit the mobs right on top of them), the damage is absurd and position means nothing for them. Pug hits hard, but spends too much time standing still after buffs to be relied upon. Rog does fine, but spends a lot of time throwing daggers instead of comboing on any more than a single mob.

Thm is pretty strong, but likes to waste time running up to blizzard 2, costing them DPS. Smn is pretty good as it naturally spreads dots to everything and will use shadow flare on multi packs reliably (and with a much higher uptime than we can achieve), but every ability arc uses deals high damage, especially their barrage. That move is stupidly powerful with an arc.

Edit: I farm wanderer's palace for XP and have done it on every job. Playing a tank is most reliable as it makes the final boss easy and if you go pld, you can simply cover the conj if they start getting ganked by the stalkers. I'd recommend bringing at least one arc as they slaughter the King. If you're playing anything besides a tank, make sure you continously mash engage on the King, as the tank will constantly try to run around grabbing hate on the adds, usually accomplishing nothing. If you want to be cheeky, you can ignore the tank, play a DPS and kill the boss while letting your arc blood tank the king through damage hate: the healer will keep them up, and you can use threat dumping abilities to stay under the king.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Stone vigil is point for point more exp in faster and less stress time than WP. I've run the numbers. I would only do WP for light.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast