1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 0 hours, 10 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 23 hours, 49 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 17 hours, 10 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 16 hours, 49 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: GC Squadron training     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

GC Squadron training

Is there some combination of daily training that I can use to wind up with:

Physical+20
    Mental-20
    Tactical+0

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

http://ffxivsquadron.com/

Probably the best website you can use to figure everything out.

But I don't think that specific combination is possible.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

If you don't want to figure everything out, do what I did:

1. Evenly cap points (I'm on a 120/120/120 spread)
    1a. Keep a balanced spread of jobs (optional)
    2. Send out squadron on missions they 100% can do for EXP per night
    3. After they're exhausted as you tick them off, send them out on the hardest for the EXP anyway, you get 50% of it if failed

Eventually you'll out level everything and rank up, then you can forget about it more or less unless you want the items from the hardest missions.

I mean, it's cute people made a site and all, but really it's trivial and unless you must get those 2 new items, you'll eventually rank up through a tiny bit of patience.

Imagine how most people play Pokemon (level the heck out of your starter) and plow through the game. You do the same here more or less, but for your initial squadron.

edit: I just read that the mission requirements can be random. I dunno if I lucked out on the level 40 one needing something like 325/315/330 spread, so my strategy might not work on others

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Waka Bo
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I'm more curious of what other rewards than the ones stated are avaliable. Minions or something along the lines. I am much too lazy and just sending everyone out on the easiest mission for achievement points. Almost all 50 now

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

What do you mean? Because all my rewards so far are either the recruitment buff or the items that grant character FC buffs (all useless to me). Are there more rewards?

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
    What do you mean? Because all my rewards so far are either the recruitment buff or the items that grant character FC buffs (all useless to me). Are there more rewards?

People get Materia (IV is the highest I've seen) and Crafter Scrips.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Waka Bo
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Just sounds like poop at the moment. I'll wait till someone finds a ground breaking discovery to piggy back on and just keep going for achievements. Wonder if their claim to having squad members in dungeons will come out before chocobos in dungeon.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

I think they -need- to implement it in dungeons soon for lower level chars. The reason for this is because the 3 8-man MSQ dungeons (Cape Westwind is not a dungeon but only a boss fight but still...) I think will soon be converted into a quest similar to "The Fate of Stars" quest which I believe that to be a beta test for this system.

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

how the hell do you even get additional recruits? I still haven't gotten a single recruit

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
    I think they -need- to implement it in dungeons soon for lower level chars. The reason for this is because the 3 8-man MSQ dungeons (Cape Westwind is not a dungeon but only a boss fight but still...) I think will soon be converted into a quest similar to "The Fate of Stars" quest which I believe that to be a beta test for this system.
    Unless they make it more accessible, this isn't happening. You need to be lvl47 for the quest, and be Second Lieutenant rank to even start training your core lvl1 squadron, which then takes a month of babysitting all of the training/mission-sending to get close to 50.

Quote Originally Posted by BaneTheBrawler View Post
    how the hell do you even get additional recruits? I still haven't gotten a single recruit
    Random chance upon completing Challenge log entries. There's a consumable item you can get as a reward from some of the missions which guarantees a new recruit upon next challenge log.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Kaisha View Post
    Unless they make it more accessible, this isn't happening. You need to be lvl47 for the quest, and be Second Lieutenant rank to even start training your core lvl1 squadron, which then takes three weeks of babysitting all of the training/mission-sending to get close to 50.
    Wow fuck, it's been so long I actually didn't remember that. Or consider it.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Kaisha View Post
    There's a consumable item you can get as a reward from some of the missions which guarantees a new recruit upon next challenge log.
    It doesn't guarantee it, it just increases your probability of getting a recruit on each challenge completed.

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

too bad you can't launch missions until you get your first recruit or that might actually be a useful item.

I haven't been able to do anything with my squad. I mean, i'm not playing a lot so i'm not finishing a lot of the challenge logs, but I pretty reliably hit 2-3 completions a week. still nothing.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Filling out one Wondrous Tails log will usually net you a few challenges.
    Other easy options:

- meld 5 cheap materia to a piece of trash
    - quicksynth 30 items
    - earn 100 MGP from gold saucer mini-games (which will net you 2 completions)
    - turn in 10 GC supply missions (MIN/BTN items are usually cheap on AH)
    - complete 10 retainer ventures

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sukimin Yakumo
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by BaneTheBrawler View Post
    too bad you can't launch missions until you get your first recruit or that might actually be a useful item.

I haven't been able to do anything with my squad. I mean, i'm not playing a lot so i'm not finishing a lot of the challenge logs, but I pretty reliably hit 2-3 completions a week. still nothing.
    Have you actually gone inside the barracks and talked to the guy inside?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Two to three completions a week seems like not that much. There's a lot of cheesy logs in there. Crafting 30 items, affixing materia, gathering + provisional supplies, retainer ventures, chocobo grind, wondrous tails and various dungeons + comms, several gold saucer challenges.

I've seen someone on reddit post they've done 15 challenge logs without a recruit.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Scrappy Doo
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I could be wrong but I read that getting a recruit only happens when you complete a whole category of a challenge log

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

No just complete any random challenge log task and you'll have a slim chance to take home some reject of Eorzea.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Waka Bo
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Shenrien View Post
    No just complete any random challenge log task and you'll have a slim chance to take home some reject of Eorzea.
    lmao.

The unique outfit ones I read are from Gold Saucer only, dunno how much truth behind it. I have a cute gold saucer bunny girl and want more.

Lostbane
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mexi Lostbane
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

You can have my rogue in a, reindeer suit >.>

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast