• Navigation
Closed Thread
Page 84 of 89 FirstFirst ... 34 74 82 83 84 85 86 ... LastLast

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

i don't really know how much of a place there is for a point guard that can't shoot in today's NBA, so a whole lot is gonna depend on Lonzo's busted ass jump shot translating to NBA range. if it does he's gonna be a fine player.

Quote Originally Posted by Moss View Post
    I don't understand going all in now if you're Boston with the GS dynasty still in place for a few years. Use cap space to sign Hayward/Blake and use the picks to build for the next wave
    i agree they shouldn't sell their mothers for Jimmy Butler but i don't really buy the 'punt because of Golden State and try to win 3 years from now' talk that's going around. no team is unbeatable, the Spurs after all were about to take home court off them before Kawhi went down, and even the greatest teams are just one rolled ankle away from going home early.

E. Body
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Krandor View Post
    Sounds like whatever trade may be happening is going to have to wait til draft night because the Lakers have the potential to fuck the whole thing up by taking Jackson.
    If u were the lakers id take Jackson just to spite Boston! They can gamble in Ball, but they already have Pgs. Gambling on a pf, and screwing Boston too? Totally worth it!

GATTACA!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Andalusian girls View Post
    i don't really know how much of a place there is for a point guard that can't shoot in today's NBA, so a whole lot is gonna depend on Lonzo's busted ass jump shot translating to NBA range. if it does he's gonna be a fine player.
    That's really the question for Fox, not Ball, in my mind. Ball's ugly shot works pretty damn well from deep - I think the question is his ability to get to the rim and being able to get his shot off in the midrange

i agree they shouldn't sell their mothers for Jimmy Butler but i don't really buy the 'punt because of Golden State and try to win 3 years from now' talk that's going around. no team is unbeatable, the Spurs after all were about to take home court off them before Kawhi went down, and even the greatest teams are just one rolled ankle away from going home early.
    Sure. I'm not advocating a punt either. I view it as an attempt to reach 90% of your potential with Hayward at no future cost versus 100% of your potential with Butler at high future cost. It's all conjecture based on hypothetical deals anyway - maybe there's a possible deal for Butler that doesn't give up too much

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

The biggest problem with Ball's shot comes from that it's completely ineffective off the dribble, which plays into what you said about issues in the mid-range.

But with the NBAs recent propensity for moving away from the mid-range game, that's not as big of a problem as it would have been a few years ago.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

deal is agreed to. they just needed the workout. they're going to call it in on Monday

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

sending out their 3rd this year, giving them the lakers 2018 pick, and the kings 2019 pick.

how delicious does hinkie feel right now

Kevin Chang
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

How has Boston's previous concerns about the Lakers screwing this up if they don't take Ball at 2 been alleviated? Or is Boston just not concerned about that possibility?

A. Body
    BG Level

it's not both lakers and kings' picks, it's either/or

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Gredival View Post
    How has Boston's previous concerns about the Lakers screwing this up if they don't take Ball at 2 been alleviated? Or is Boston just not concerned about that possibility?
    yeah they don't give a shit who drops to 3rd, though i hear they like jackson. for them it's all about pure value and in the grand scheme they probably thought rolling with IT and possibly trading for butler was better than drafting fultz.

I would prefer not to.
    Moms Spaghetti
    Philly Special

BG Level

the twitters is reporting the celtics are trying to put together a package to trade for Anthony Davis

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

Omg that would be too lit RIP Lebron

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I can't see any situation where the Pelicans trade Davis.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

pg13 said he's leaving pacers and wants to go to lakers, next FA

Kevin Chang
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by kisada View Post
    pg13 said he's leaving pacers and wants to go to lakers, next FA
    If George's mind is made up, it behooves the Pacers to take ANY trade with the Lakers to get value out of him. A trade that benefits both sides could happen if the Lakers attach one of Mitch's brain fart contracts (Mozgof or Deng) to a young piece (Randle) for a sign and trade.

But the real question is whether Magic dumb enough to pull a Knicks and trade the farm for PG13 early instead of leveraging the ability to sign him free in F/A.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Krandor View Post
    I can't see any situation where the Pelicans trade Davis.
    Boston could offer me all 7 of their first round picks in the next three drafts and i'd tell them to go fuck themselves, trading for Davis is a pipe dream.

The Anti Miz

BG Level

we need Cleveland to rent Paul George for a year. How?

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

K Love for PG straight up is the one that's been floated on the internets.

The Anti Miz

BG Level

yikes that is a steep price for one year of Paul George and losing your power forward

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Cavs window closes very quickly. Betting the farm on the chance to beat the Golden State Deathstar this year might be their only chance.

BG Level

i'm not 100% on the fit with George, Kyrie, and Bron anyways. Love has sacrificed huge portions of his game to be the third option that spends a whole lot of plays sitting in the corner waiting to get passed the ball and dunno if you want George in that role. but if you play him on ball more you're taking Kyrie away from the one thing he does well. never seen a team that works with 3 ball-dominant stars, to even accommodate 3 big scorers you need a Klay type who lives only to finish.

then throw in they'd only have a year to figure it out before George possibly/probably runs off to LA. love George but it's a reckless move.

Closed Thread
Page 84 of 89 FirstFirst ... 34 74 82 83 84 85 86 ... LastLast