+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: New Apple laptops     submit to reddit submit to twitter

2600klub
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

You can't charge your iphone 7 from the new macbook without an adapter.
    You can't use your new lightning port headphones for your iphone 7 on the new macbook without an adapter.

Gr8 shit apple.

So Apple has just become Dongle Inc or what

Ahahaha from Reddit

"I might be asking a silly question here.... but why couldn't they just have included a couple "normal" USB ports while the industry converts to C?"
    "USB-C stands for courage"

Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Maybe Tim Cook has a massive hidden short against Apple and he's just trying to get paid.

Maybe they are retarded.

Who knows.

The thing that bothers me the most is their idiotic stand taking on ports. Is it THAT fucking hard to just toss a regular USB on there? No, it's not.

I foresee their stock taking a slow dive over the next 2 years.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

The obsession with alot of tech companies over continually making everything lighter and thinner is asinine.

Make that shit 1 or 2 mm thicker and leave the SD card slot and a standard USB port on. Any space/weight saved is gonna be wasted by having to lug around a bunch of dangles and adapters.

Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Krandor View Post
    The obsession with alot of tech companies over continually making everything lighter and thinner is asinine.

Make that shit 1 or 2 mm thicker and leave the SD card slot and a standard USB port on. Any space/weight saved is gonna be wasted by having to lug around a bunch of dangles and adapters.
    Yeah, I think we've reached minimum size/weight standards now. My MBP is exactly the right size and weight and it's got a shell case on it. The Air feels flimsy and light to me. Stop trimming and start rejiggering to fit more stuff in.

Namely a non-dogshit GPU.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

I miss the big old black rectangle Thinkpads. I'm not weak, fuckers! Give me a computer with power that, if necessary, I can club a man to death with.

New Apple laptop is blurring the line between phablet and laptop, not to their benefit.

For $620 you could buy this, swap the harddrive for a 1TB SSD, and club your assailants to death if necessary.

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Who on earth who buy one of these when they could get a Surface Studio for marginally more money.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Well you're comparing a desktop vs a laptop, so that's not a great reference point.

I'd have to imagine most people who have the actual need for a Pro would probably just find an older model, if for no other reason then to get the Esc key back.

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Well you're comparing a desktop vs a laptop, so that's not a great reference point.

I'd have to imagine most people who have the actual need for a Pro would probably just find an older model, if for no other reason then to get the Esc key back.
    My impression of people who buy the newest Macs year over year are that they usually want them for media editing, in which case the Surface Studio seems, at first blush, clearly superior. Even the Surface Pro is arguably better than these new Macbooks.

More or less agree, I was looking to upgrade my MBP this year(and my last 5 laptops have all been MBPs), and this release is just so disproportionately disappointing it has me seriously considering a surfacebook or some other option. Don't know what I'll get, but definitely not a 2016 MBP, they're exceptionally over-priced even for macs.

Only sucks cause I wanted to sell my current one to offset the cost of a new one, but I still need a mac of some sort for software testing, so if I go to a windows or linux laptop I can't sell this one(or have to sell it and then immediately buy another cheap mac of some kind).

Bleh, this announcement left a really foul taste in my mouth.

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

I've been dying for something for school since my old m11x died. IPad sucked even with a keyboard. Surface always seemed perfect but they get pricey quick.

The bar on this thing looks like a joke. Just make the fucking thing touch screen, jesus. The DJ session was such a fucking cringe...

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Dantrag View Post
    The bar on this thing looks like a joke. Just make the fucking thing touch screen, jesus. The DJ session was such a fucking cringe...
    The problem is, Apple's OS is simply not made for touch and would require a massive reworking. Microsoft went thru some serious growing pains adding touch functionality to Windows, but it's for sure paid off at this point.

The problem is, Apple's OS is simply not made for touch and would require a massive reworking. Microsoft went thru some serious growing pains adding touch functionality to Windows, but it's for sure paid off at this point.
    MS didn't have a fully functional separate OS to build off of. I can't imagine that their team that does their touch for ipads can't do something similar for their laptop/desktop OS. The amount of RnD that went into that stupid strip has to be equal or less for touchscreen.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

MS didn't have a fully functional separate OS to build off of. I can't imagine that their team that does their touch for ipads can't do something similar for their laptop/desktop OS. The amount of RnD that went into that stupid strip has to be equal or less for touchscreen.
    Kind of agree. Microsoft had to fail an entire OS series to get majority of its bugs out. Apple should have had a leg up in this department since they have been in the touch/combined OS from day one.

Quote Originally Posted by DrClout View Post
    Kind of agree. Microsoft had to fail an entire OS series to get majority of its bugs out. Apple should have had a leg up in this department since they have been in the touch/combined OS from day one.
    8 was complete ass. At least 8.1 was decent. 10 is so far above though it's not even funny.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

8 was complete ass. At least 8.1 was decent. 10 is so far above though it's not even funny.
    That's the point. 8 was their honest entry into an all in one OS similar to Apple's brand. As we all know, it failed miserably. They paid for their mistakes and done their own work to improve on it. It's still not perfect but it's gotten to this point of it being competitive with Apple at this point.

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

Relevant article that hits the nail on the head:

https://medium.com/charged-tech/appl...89b#.jcp2d68fz

Quote Originally Posted by Fallyn View Post
    Relevant article that hits the nail on the head:

https://medium.com/charged-tech/appl...89b#.jcp2d68fz
    Yeah that kinda sums it up nicely. Why remove the headphone jacks on one product and not on the other? There doesn't seem to be one clear direction and with so many Apple devices it's important that they all follow the same philosophy.