Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Don't buy curved tvs unless it's a computer monitor and/or you're the only one looking at it.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

To answer your question, that isn't a good deal. That's more like regular price.

Drunken Red Mage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Auspice Lasserott
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Xno Kappa View Post
    Is the Samsung 65-inch KS8500 CURVED SUHD TV for about 1600 bucks a good deal? I'm illiterate when it comes to television technologies.
    Like the others mentioned; it's not a good deal and curved TVs are absolutely a marketing gimmick to try to make the TV stand out from the rest. They have horrible viewing angles(unless you're dead center) and they cost more than a flat TV. In this case; the KS8000 is the identical flat version and sells for at least $100 less.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Do popular TVs like the KS8000 have a tendency to drop in price during the holiday season while companies push newer models like the 8500 and 9000? I see some companies pushing these two with some "deals" but I'm not interested in the curve and the 9000 isn't worth the price increase over the 8000 imo. So is it wishful thinking that the 8000 will come down a little before the new year or is it still too popular of a model?

Basically I'm wondering if I should keep looking for deals this week and next or just pull the trigger and get it now XD.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eragon Mcdohl
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Nuriko View Post
    Do popular TVs like the KS8000 have a tendency to drop in price during the holiday season while companies push newer models like the 8500 and 9000? I see some companies pushing these two with some "deals" but I'm not interested in the curve and the 9000 isn't worth the price increase over the 8000 imo. So is it wishful thinking that the 8000 will come down a little before the new year or is it still too popular of a model?

Basically I'm wondering if I should keep looking for deals this week and next or just pull the trigger and get it now XD.
    I don't know that they are going to come down all that much compared to the more standard "UHD" models (KS8000 is considered SUHD and the KS8500 is the same model just curved), however, as I posted earlier in the thread Best Buy has the 55 and 65 inch models for $400 off. I would grab one now while they are still on sale, unless you're willing to wait until sometime next year when they might drop in price.

i should really shut up
    You can safely ignore me I am a troll

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I would say a curved LG TV is a better choice from a curved <insert brand> TV because in general the viewing angles are better on LGs, curved or not.

I'd be happy to have a curved at the foot of the bed now. Not that I don't like my Sony or anything, but curved is nice int he right place.

Micronesian Thunder
    Get Down On It

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Blackrock

Need a new TV to put in my parents house as their 10 year old tv is slowly dying. Is this a good tv, price wise and semi future proof. Has 4k with HDR which I deem is important from reading the posts in this thread.

Drunken Red Mage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Auspice Lasserott
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

The prices now won't really drop until Super Bowl season; which is usually the best time to buy since the new model TVs are on the verge of coming out. That said; I didn't feel like being without a new TV for the next couple of months just to save another hundred bucks so I squeezed the trigger on a KS8000 and I absolutely love it.

As for which models to get; I really like rtings.com for their thorough and standardized testing of all of the major TVs on the market.

Quote Originally Posted by Intrinsic View Post
    Need a new TV to put in my parents house as their 10 year old tv is slowly dying. Is this a good tv, price wise and semi future proof. Has 4k with HDR which I deem is important from reading the posts in this thread.
    It's not rated that great in any of the HDR categories but doesn't seem too bad. $200 more would get you the 55" KS8000 which is the highest rated non OLED TV on the market though.

Micronesian Thunder
    Get Down On It

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Blackrock

Thanks Auspice. Picked up the KS8000 locally and convinced them to price match Best Buy.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4