+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Ran hybrid.

Rydia Meteor/Bahamut until BSB was up and then just ran that since Battleforged let her overlap.
    OK MAG setup LS/Chain Ice
    Pecil Banishing Strike/Draw Fire (Defender's Charge)
    Penelo Dispel/Multi BSB and first command actually did a TON more damage than expected
    Y'sh Wrath/Curaise

Physical team did not have enough oomph to beat the ultimate timer and I forgot ice. Took the above team and 18/18 medals. Rydia was hitting near capped (9600).

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Ult+: Used a buffed quistis as the throughput for OK RW.
    Ult++: Only took 1 bssb (tyro) and no AOE and nearly ran out of hones. Mixed party with celes indomitable (did not run out of hones) kururu (ssb) papalymo (ssb) tyro support (bssb and did run out of hones) and minwu (attacked a few times to build meter...). Celes eating double meltdown at the end made my night.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

Just thinking out loud... U++ I have no idea. I have great mage relics but my best faithga is Kuja (as I mentioned). so I would need to run Ramza + Kuja to combine hastega + faithga and that's just messy. I could run OK BSB RW, but then I'm lacking defense - no native wall. Carbuncle maybe? But that seems risky/not good enough. So I think that's basically not an option, and even if it were, there aren't enough soul break RMs to really power that party.

Physical... hmm. My only good AoE physical is Beatrix BSB. I could run that along with Faris reverse wall, Shout, wall RW and basically mitigate the fuck out of the battle. Faris can dance so that helps even more. Beatrix has SSB too, so magic blink could provide huge defense in this battle. Lure Magic on her would help too. Either Bartz or Tidus for further damage output. Selphie SSB would further mitigate this battle into oblivion. Yeah, I think I'll try this method. Probably will wait until I pull on VI on the offhance that I get something that would really help (Relm BSB, Leo SSB, even Shadow BSB's AoE command might make this a bit easier. Even Setzer SSB would be helpful).

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

My setup was fine once you get the hang of dealing with the first wave through balancing mitigation set-up and damage.

Then the 3rd Sorceress decided to go from Turn 4 to Turn 2 with only one move in between (and no stun) and Beatrix was a half second away from finishing her off when she used Ultima. Argh.

I'll post set-up when I get through this, but it was:

Ramza - Full Break / Magic Breakdown + Shout
    Agrias - Blizzaga Strike / Banishing Strike + Cleansing Strike / Hallowed Bolt
    Yshtola - Protectga / Curaja + Stoneskin II
    Beatrix - Full Charge / Lifesiphon + Knight Protector
    Celes - Tornado Blade / Bio Strike + Indonesian Blade
    RW: Mighty Guard VIII

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Yuri-G View Post
    Just thinking out loud... U++ I have no idea. I have great mage relics but my best faithga is Kuja (as I mentioned). so I would need to run Ramza + Kuja to combine hastega + faithga and that's just messy. I could run OK BSB RW, but then I'm lacking defense - no native wall. Carbuncle maybe? But that seems risky/not good enough. So I think that's basically not an option, and even if it were, there aren't enough soul break RMs to really power that party.

Physical... hmm. My only good AoE physical is Beatrix BSB. I could run that along with Faris reverse wall, Shout, wall RW and basically mitigate the fuck out of the battle. Faris can dance so that helps even more. Beatrix has SSB too, so magic blink could provide huge defense in this battle. Lure Magic on her would help too. Either Bartz or Tidus for further damage output. Selphie SSB would further mitigate this battle into oblivion. Yeah, I think I'll try this method. Probably will wait until I pull on VI on the offhance that I get something that would really help (Relm BSB, Leo SSB, even Shadow BSB's AoE command might make this a bit easier. Even Setzer SSB would be helpful).

I went

Rinoa lv 80, Meteor R3 + Chain Blizzaga R3 with Witch of Succession RM
    she has The Brother SB but didnt use it
    Edea lv 80 with Quake R3 and Memento Mori R3 Devotion RM (ice Strike SB but wasn't needed)
    Krile lv 80 with Bahamut R3 and Chain Firaga R3 Mako Might RM (Sheepsong)
    Quistis lv 80 with Ruinga R3 + Chain Thundaga R3 with Double Cast BLM (Mighty Guard VIII SB but didnt use)
    Tyro lv 99 with Curaja R5 and Multi Break R2 Dr Mog Taching RM (Sg)
    RW used Keeper's Tome

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

@ rata so you didn't even wall? that is good to know. although you have Sheepsong which I lack
    @kirin thanks for the suggestions. although I don't have half of those key relics haha

actually come to think of it if I pull Indo Blade this Wednesday I'll just laugh all the way to the bank with this one

I'm not worried really, just thinking it through

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I try to synergy all events. So far mastered all up to U++ but without a native hastega I doubt I'll get U++ done since I'll want wall probably? Also no AOE heal SB since selfish ass Selphies BSB is just magic damage. SELPHIE. THANKS.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

@ rata so you didn't even wall? that is good to know. although you have Sheepsong which I lack
    @kirin thanks for the suggestions. although I don't have half of those key relics haha

actually come to think of it if I pull Indo Blade this Wednesday I'll just laugh all the way to the bank with this one

I have native wall from Tyro, hence the SG

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

I didn't have to Wall. Breakdowns + Shellga was more than enough. I did have Medicas though, so that helped tremendously. I think I RW'd Vessel.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    I have native wall from Tyro, hence the SG
    haha oops I missed that.

reaaaaaaally hoping Thyrus comes through in a few weeks. RNGesus pls

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

haha oops I missed that.

reaaaaaaally hoping Thyrus comes through in a few weeks. RNGesus pls
    Chances are pretty high although you could end up with 20000 robes instead

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Took OK burst as RW for U++. Swiftspell > Rinoa OSB wrecked the final sorceress before she even got to 3 on the countdown.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

She skipped 3 again on the few other runs when I got up to her, going from 4 to 2 on her countdown. Really annoyed me.

Ended up just saving SB's entirely in the 2nd phase and unleashed them all in the 3rd. Glad this one is over. Really should be using Dreamstage more often, honestly.

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

Hilarious that we aren't getting apology mythril anymore lol.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk