1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 22 hours, 49 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 1 hours, 10 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 6 days, 15 hours, 49 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in -6 hours, -50 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Floor 100+ info/Q&A     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Floor 100+ info/Q&A

Starting a thread to collect info. Please post any tips or warnings etc/spoilers ahoy

I've been looking for a info dump but it's all scattered.

I also wanted to confirm, is it true if you die at any floor past 100 you have to redo from 51?

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
    I also wanted to confirm, is it true if you die at any floor past 100 you have to redo from 51?
    Yes.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Thanks. That feels so punishing lol

The same feel as if I dropped 99 Kindred Seals or 60 Beastmen Seals into an orb and then only to wipe (delevel optional!) ....
    edit: and/or wiping to kirin/jailer of love/odin

Not had that feel in ages. I'M NOT WILLING TO GO THROUGH THAT AGAIN!

*sticks to farming for weapons only*

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Oh sucks you didn't kill the worm in that aggroed you on floor 184.

See ya in another 9 hours!

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Btw. forgot to mention: you only lose the gear upgrade progress of the last 10 floors. Meaning: if you wipe on floor 156, you drop down to 51. But your gear progress drops to 150.

Quote Originally Posted by 3.141592 View Post
    Btw. forgot to mention: you only lose the gear upgrade progress of the last 10 floors. Meaning: if you wipe on floor 156, you drop down to 51. But your gear progress drops to 150.
    Dafuq does this means? Im only on floor 150, but isnt gear capped at 99?

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

It means you don't lose Aetherpool gains if you get kicked back down to 51 from 101+.

Quote Originally Posted by Edelweiss View Post
    It means you don't lose Aetherpool gains if you get kicked back down to 51 from 101+.

Gear caps at 99 tho.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

..Yes and?

This is about going beyond Floor 100.

If your Aetherpool gear isn't capped by such time, and you cap it (or just advance it at all) while on Floor 101+, you'll retain the capped gear if you cap it at any point between 101-200 (and being booted back to 51 if you wipe). lol

Not sure where the failure to understand is coming from.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nmtd Natlhom
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl

The confusion is probably more from that that's a pointless statement to make because that's how it's always worked. He was probably trying to figure out if there was some new mechanic or just an awkward way to restate something we already knew.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
    Starting a thread to collect info. Please post any tips or warnings etc/spoilers ahoy

I've been looking for a info dump but it's all scattered.

to clarify: you only get sent back to floor 51 if your pt wipes. Dieing of 1 PT member doesnt send you back to 51

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Lostbane
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mexi Lostbane
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

We've made it to floor 180 so far. Hoping to finish at the weekend. Nearly wiped on 180 boss and have found him the worst so far. The bosses repeat but each time they get worse. So there's a behemoth at 130 and he starts casting meteor at 5% and that's a DPS check but okay. At 180 he is like the S rank. Adds Trounce and at around 20% stands up and starts spam casting Ecliptic Meteor.
    Mobs get lots of new skins and abilities. Floor 170 was a shock - bunch of Sasquatch who stand up and beat their chest. This delivers a HUGE AoE which puts stacks of debuff on you even when not engaged. This builds on the fact that in earlier levels Dragons and then Nankas put down AoEs in the same fashion.

Lostbane
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mexi Lostbane
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

I wouldn't recommend going past 100 without decent weapons/armour. Our healer struggles and he's been one shot several times. I think he was something like 29/31 when we started and he's now in his 70s.

In general what happens is that the mobs get gently tougher and tougher and then 150+ they start adding more quirks. Some great skins on the higher level mobs. How you use pomanders becomes really strategic.

New Merits
    BG Level

Just try to save up as many pomaders for floor 180+ as possible.

Lostbane
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mexi Lostbane
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Yeah, we're trying to but it depends on what you get given from chests. We're fairly strategic and try not to use them unless we have to or it's for bosses. Or if we have spares in available chests.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

i have a fealing that floor 150 might be the endstop for my smn and my drg friend without proper tank and healer

Quote Originally Posted by Damane View Post
    i have a fealing that floor 150 might be the endstop for my smn and my drg friend without proper tank and healer

Prolly much earlier. the bosses start to do different mechanics and have way more HP.

These guys arent in hyperion, are they? Lol

I'VE CHOSEN A TITLE FOR THE LIKES OF YOU!
    BG Level

Solowise for most DPS, I feel like Floor 130 might be the cap.

The 130 boss just does so much unavoidable damage it would be extremely hard, if not impossible, for a non-SMN DPS to survive even with Steel + Strength and spamming Max-Potions + recovery abilities.

I'm not sure if there's any way to overcome the spike of incoming damage... and then the later floors only get worse too.

Dragoon Princess
    My Little Ixion

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaiyoko Star
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Destromath

Quote Originally Posted by Rionel View Post
    Solowise for most DPS, I feel like Floor 130 might be the cap.

The 130 boss just does so much unavoidable damage it would be extremely hard, if not impossible, for a non-SMN DPS to survive even with Steel + Strength and spamming Max-Potions + recovery abilities.

I'm not sure if there's any way to overcome the spike of incoming damage... and then the later floors only get worse too.
    I assume the same, I've had x3 runs of x4 attempts (Raise poms) at floor 130 trying to beat it as DRG. If I could get past it, I expect to beat 140 using Lust+Reso Poms and be held up by the 150 boss due to damage.

There is a SCH that made it to 170 actually, which is pretty amazing. I'm curious if they wiped due to time or damage, that boss doesn't do that much damage long as you move properly.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Waka Bo
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Chimera on fl 180+ with gloom is the dumbest shit