Item Search
     
BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 81
  1. #21
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    18,744
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Were there adds with bella? Also seems like skirmish stones are gone for good

    edit: the new item added to garden moogle is that Pagodite thing. No real idea what it's for. 160 gil each and was on the lowest rank of buy. It's non useable so with no new synthesis maybe it wont do anything till event/next update? Maybe it's related to getting your fellow to equip the qiqirn gear?

  2. #22
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    2,378
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

    So I guess we can't buy the pages to get the old sets of gear this month?

    I just finished levelling my paladin and missed my chance to get the stuff, spent all afternoon today trying to get an ambuscade party to scrounge up the points to buy the papers, nothin.

    Roll over and now they are gone, and instead we can buy the flamma gear? Im confused.

  3. #23
    Old Odin
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    6,474
    BG Level
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by Funkworkz View Post
    Added the masque. forgot about it
    I still don't see the 2 masks for some reason

  4. #24
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,551
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Siren

    I think smite might be double the previous rate now. +8 attack gives +10, + 40 attack gives 52 on DRK. +8 attack gives +9 on PUP.

  5. #25
    Campaign
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    6,783
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

    Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    GP trade in limits appear to have been tripled. >_>
    Right after I finished getting all of the useful Fishing items. x.x

  6. #26
    Old Odin
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    6,474
    BG Level
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by Hitou View Post
    I think smite might be double the previous rate now. +8 attack gives +10, + 40 attack gives 52 on DRK. +8 attack gives +9 on PUP.
    Llewelyn on FFXIAH reported this data concerning new smite

    Smite1 - 25/256 (9.765625% att boost; same as old Smite3)
    Smite2 - 38/256 (14.84375% att boost; same as old Smite5)
    Smite3 - 51/256 (19.921875% att boost)
    Smite4 - 64/256 (25% att boost)
    Smite5 - 76/256 (29.6875% att boost)

    Wonder if this changes the tier list of subjobs for mainjobs which have no Smite trait, like RUN. /SAM used to be the best in most situations (Hasso, STR bonus, Sekkanoki, Meditate, STP etc) but I wonder how it compares to /WAR (Smite I) and /DRK (Smite II) now. In situations where you're far from capping att, they might be better for Reso spam?

  7. #27
    BG Content
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    16,471
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries
    1

    Monk H2H boost is dumb (low), I think. Hitting for ~10% more damage.

    They boosted capped Monk pDIF to 3.5 (pre-randomizer, from 3.25) rather than affecting base damage.

  8. #28
    S N K
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    2,544
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Sadly that seems to be sort of the norm for pet gear. You can get stats but usually things like acc and att or similar with ranged and magic will be separate for reasons.

    Also check version up
    Just looked at this set. Yeah ok a lot more accuracy but 0 Attack or Double Attack or anything. No fucking thanks.

  9. #29
    Old Odin
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    6,474
    BG Level
    8

    Feet are nice for TP for SMN and maybe for BST as well? No att and no MA, but a fuckton of both haste and acc, allows for different options in the other slots.
    Head/Body/Legs/Feet are pretty nice for debuff Blood Pacts on SMN.
    Legs, Feet and arguably Body are nice for nuking on PUP. Hands and Head I dunno, you gain 15-20 macc but lose ~20 mab.
    Could be worth with a setup where you focus completely on macc in gear, so that you can free up a macc attachment and use more mab ones?

    As it was recently found out PUP nuking damage can potentially be very nice but the main problem is the complete lack of Macc (which doesn't get added by the Animator, so it's basically the same as the pre-ilvl one ;_; )

  10. #30
    PUP Power!
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    4,009
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    Quote Originally Posted by Sechs View Post
    Feet are nice for TP for SMN and maybe for BST as well? No att and no MA, but a fuckton of both haste and acc, allows for different options in the other slots.
    Head/Body/Legs/Feet are pretty nice for debuff Blood Pacts on SMN.
    Legs, Feet and arguably Body are nice for nuking on PUP. Hands and Head I dunno, you gain 15-20 macc but lose ~20 mab.
    Could be worth with a setup where you focus completely on macc in gear, so that you can free up a macc attachment and use more mab ones?

    As it was recently found out PUP nuking damage can potentially be very nice but the main problem is the complete lack of Macc (which doesn't get added by the Animator, so it's basically the same as the pre-ilvl one ;_; )
    Some of these pieces may although a PUP to use augmented Midnights in VD fights, allowing you to add the extra damage and STR+20. These should help your WS attacks to make up and surpass the lost str of the gloves.

  11. #31
    Old Odin
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    6,474
    BG Level
    8

    I feel Body is a nice TP body for PUP even for non hybrid setups if you lack better options (i.e. Herculean with nice aguments).
    Yes you won't get att, but loads of acc and that sexy TA. Can compensate for the lack of att in other slots maybe?
    Gloves I dunno, Crit+7% is nice but if you have decent (only decent, no "awesome" required) Herc gloves, I think they're gonna blow those gloves out for TP phase.
    For Pummel and Smite it's a different story, would need to be tested on a spreadsheet.

    Your idea of using Midnights instead of RMEA to compensate with the higher STR the lack thereof on the gloves seems kinda dumb, unless I missed what you meant of course, I apologize if that's the case.



    Oh last thing, was shortly mentioned by Capuchin already, legs can be nice for PUP tanking.
    Not as good as HQ Rao or BiS augmented Taeon, but if you lack those these are gonna be cheap, even cheaper than NQ Rao, and arguably better despite the lack of additional HP.
    I have NQ Rao and I think I'm gonna be using these legs in their place once I obtain them.
    If I had BiS Taeon like Capu of course I wouldn't bother.

  12. #32
    BG Content
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,206
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    The HQ set is all top notch for max pet acc+ on bst. Best you can get for herculean is 30 per piece (and 15 dex if your lucky).

  13. #33
    Chram
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    2,930
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    Intense Ambuscade is easy to solo on as high as E, for those that want to Ambuscade this month but can't find anyone. August + Apururu can tank through the bosses Hundred Fists just fine.

  14. #34
    PUP Power!
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    4,009
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    Quote Originally Posted by Sechs View Post
    I feel Body is a nice TP body for PUP even for non hybrid setups if you lack better options (i.e. Herculean with nice aguments).
    Yes you won't get att, but loads of acc and that sexy TA. Can compensate for the lack of att in other slots maybe?
    Gloves I dunno, Crit+7% is nice but if you have decent (only decent, no "awesome" required) Herc gloves, I think they're gonna blow those gloves out for TP phase.
    For Pummel and Smite it's a different story, would need to be tested on a spreadsheet.

    Your idea of using Midnights instead of RMEA to compensate with the higher STR the lack thereof on the gloves seems kinda dumb, unless I missed what you meant of course, I apologize if that's the case.



    Oh last thing, was shortly mentioned by Capuchin already, legs can be nice for PUP tanking.
    Not as good as HQ Rao or BiS augmented Taeon, but if you lack those these are gonna be cheap, even cheaper than NQ Rao, and arguably better despite the lack of additional HP.
    I have NQ Rao and I think I'm gonna be using these legs in their place once I obtain them.
    If I had BiS Taeon like Capu of course I wouldn't bother.
    Having no RMEA atm, I was referring to augmented Midnights with DMG +15, STR +20, and Acuracy or Attack +20. The stats alone make them more powerful than WSing with Othas on very strong mobs, no?

  15. #35
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    18,744
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Quote Originally Posted by urat View Post
    So I guess we can't buy the pages to get the old sets of gear this month?

    I just finished levelling my paladin and missed my chance to get the stuff, spent all afternoon today trying to get an ambuscade party to scrounge up the points to buy the papers, nothin.

    Roll over and now they are gone, and instead we can buy the flamma gear? Im confused.
    Yeah fam they onto new sets now. So far the gallantry points except last month have always been about buying the previous month... and last month sort of was it just gave tickets that let you get any of the set.

  16. #36
    New Merits
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    239
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Illidan

    Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Yeah fam they onto new sets now. So far the gallantry points except last month have always been about buying the previous month... and last month sort of was it just gave tickets that let you get any of the set.
    Are the slips added anywhere else, or will they be added to ambuscade again? I just came back like 3 days ago and would've chosen my gear a little better had I known I wouldn't be able to get the slips for previous gear again lol

  17. #37
    Chram
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    2,930
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    Quote Originally Posted by Inactive View Post
    Are the slips added anywhere else, or will they be added to ambuscade again? I just came back like 3 days ago and would've chosen my gear a little better had I known I wouldn't be able to get the slips for previous gear again lol
    They'll be rotating, so specific sets won't be completely missable for quite a while.

  18. #38
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    18,744
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Quote Originally Posted by Inactive View Post
    Are the slips added anywhere else, or will they be added to ambuscade again? I just came back like 3 days ago and would've chosen my gear a little better had I known I wouldn't be able to get the slips for previous gear again lol
    Not currently anywhere else. Well maybe bonaza idk haven't checked prizes for that. About again doubt there is official word out but going by the pattern probably not. With what they've said and how it's gone gallantry was more a means to reward people for teaming up and let you catch up a month... not all the months lol. Can almost guarantee they don't want to set it up so people can just ignore ambuscade half the year then catch up they want people spamming it at least every other month

    I fully expect them to roll out another few sets till they've gotten them for each job maybe like finish up nyzle and get homam in there then maybe add a slip for those but probably not gunna do more than 1 group of things like that at a time so probably wont go back till they done making sets for this and/or move on to another battle content.

    Take away from this if you want Flamma set make sure to get it this month. If you want the new nashimara you got this and next month.

  19. #39
    Hydra
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    109
    BG Level
    3
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

    Rank 3 from bonanza can get u kupon for an ambuscade body +1

  20. #40
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    18,744
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    So at lower levels the trolls can be fairly easily aoed down with pets. Probably would be hard to do at higher than normal.

    Plant seems pretty easy from what I saw though just pupped it up so probably missed a lot of the status effects and stuff but dmg was pretty weak. On VD seems to take full dmg whole time maybe even a bit extra from ranged/piercing but a lot of plants do. So far seems to do full bloom a lot when I fight doing around 5-8k haven't really tacked down what causes it to vary looks but it's not it's hp. If I had to guess think it might dmg dealt to it recently or since last time

    Other tp moves I've seen. Night stalker, infernal liberation (think this is a new move), leeching vines (which is some kind of aoe drain that seems to bypass dts for like 500-600ish a pop), Deracinator

    At low hp like 35% or so it does Umbral pull which is a pull in move seems to be around 20-25' radius. Not everyone is drawn in same amount and isn't all the way to the mob though usually close enough to get hit with the other tp moves. Usually immediately followed by a tp move so hard to say if it had another effect or tp move I got hit with but each time master was close also took dmg and got bound.

    Not sure why but noticed light skillchain dmg varies a bit sometimes I do more or less same as closing with speedloaders giving some skillchain bonus sometimes it's like 50% more which I think is more than can be accounted for by them so looks like it might at times have some mdt and sometimes might actually take a little more

Quick Reply Quick Reply

  • Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag

Similar Threads

  1. May 2016 Version Update - Discussion & Findings
    By Funkworkz in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 273
    Last Post: 2016-05-27, 11:54
  2. April 2016 Version Update - Discussion & Findings
    By Funkworkz in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 196
    Last Post: 2016-05-10, 19:16
  3. February 2016 Version Update - Discussion & Findings
    By Funkworkz in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 324
    Last Post: 2016-04-08, 22:16
  4. November 2015 Version Update - *DISCUSSION THREAD*
    By Funkworkz in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 391
    Last Post: 2015-12-02, 16:32
  5. November 2015 Version Update - *DAT MINING THREAD*
    By Funkworkz in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 2015-11-12, 10:31