Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Nah California didn't vote for him so he's letting jobs fail there.

4D chess yo.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Trump only saves the jobs of those he's already cucked. Free thinking libs gonna have to find their own way.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Andalusian girls View Post
    you need not guess, they are not and have never been members and so are not protected by Article 5 whereby NATO views an attack on any member state as an attack upon them all. that is to say they are not legally protected in any capacity by NATO. in fact legally they are given the same status Russia is, a 'partner for peace'.

but yes, they have often cooperated with the alliance as the USSR obviously posed a much greater threat to their independence than did the USA. they backed off when the Soviet Union imploded, reengaged when Putin began redrawing boarders. Swedish engagement with NATO is exactly proportionate to how threatened they feel by Russia. who knows they may even join if Vlad does something wacky like decide he needs an Estonian vacation house.

i don't mean to entirely separate the anxiety Trump is causing across the Atlantic from their decision, but they anticipated 4000 annual recruits after going all-volunteer (as we, and the British, and the French, and most militaries worth a damn already are) and in 2015 they received only 2500 for a shortfall of 37.5%. comparatively the U.S. Army needs 80,000 recruits annually, and if they could only get 50,000 there would be some interesting domestic discussions.

i don't think a President Clinton changes their minds and makes them accept such a manpower shortage in the face of an expansionist Russia.
    Sweden is somewhat of an unofficial member. We're not a member per se, but Sweden does hold a key strategic positions and have excellent cooperation with the other member states.

One of the main reasons we're not a member is that most of the political parties don't want us to be a member, whereas the other parties think we should just take the plunge and become a member as we're practically a member already.

Honestly, while we're not protected under article 5, Norway, Denmark, Estonia, Lithuania, Latvia, and Germany are, and they don't want Russia to occupy Gotland anymore than we do. So in case they do attack us, the rest of the NATO countries would likely back us up, despite not being official members, due to Gotland being a key strategic position in the Baltic Sea.

While NATO would not be able to officially use Gotland while Sweden is not an official member, EU member states could. And since there's a lot of overlap between EU members and NATO members, all of NATO would likely get involved through EU if Russia launched an attack on Sweden. Hence why Sweden is considered an unofficial member nation.

Part of the reason why Sweden started recruiting for the military again is in part because of Trump, as a large part of the EU (and NATO members) are questioning Trumps competence and ability to lead in a time of war. And, if Trump ties to Russia turn out to be correct, it is vital that we do all we can to shore up our own defenses as USA may not be a reliable ally with Trump in charge.

Brown Recluse
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by Heavencloud View Post
    http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/201...r-outsourcing/

Like how your state's using your tax dollars, cucklafornians?

>b-b-b-but they're saving money!

Now I'll wait while they defend outsourcing good jobs.
    Is this from 2002? This is what happened to me 15 years ago.

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by archibaldcrane View Post
    Meanwhile, in conservative utopia Kansas: http://www.kansascity.com/news/polit...135949108.html
    Ironic too, since rural Kansas keeps fucking the rest of us over.

Quote Originally Posted by kuronosan View Post
    Ironic too, since rural Kansas keeps fucking the rest of us over.
    Rural US keeps fucking the rest of the US. It's funny that they fear an attack more than people from new york or boston.

BG Level

Dude, we have the worst economy in the country. There's a reason.

Our governor siphons money from the poor people in rural and poor areas and rewards the already rich people in the two or three rich cities we have.

The level of apologism in our state is fucking atrocious.

IMPERIAL CONCUBINE OF ME
    Coolest Monkey In The Jungle

BG Level

Why is everyone on the left suddenly sucking George W. cock this week? Maybe Sessions is right about the wacky weed, it has fucked some memories up apparently.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Because he came out against Trump saying the media is essential to a democracy and they should continue to publish the leaks and pushing the Trump administration?

IMPERIAL CONCUBINE OF ME

BG Level

And that makes up for his presidency?

IMPERIAL CONCUBINE OF ME

BG Level

This why I can't take you all seriously.

BG Level

When someone says something that's true, it may not change the fact that they're a dirty sack of shit but it's still the truth.

I don't worship Bush but, like Trump, if they say something truthful it should be acknowledged.

The problem is when folks act as though only words have meaning and forget actions actually speak louder.

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

No one is saying it makes up for his presidency that's reaching a bit.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Day View Post
    Why is everyone on the left suddenly sucking George W. cock this week? Maybe Sessions is right about the wacky weed, it has fucked some memories up apparently.
    Constitutional crisis, etc?

Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Man, I like Bush.

IMPERIAL CONCUBINE OF ME

BG Level

I find it strange he had nothing to say against Obama for 8 whole years and can barely make it a month into a Trump presidency. Now he's going around on talk shows like Jimmy Kimmel seemingly re-writing history, and I'm watching the left fawn over him hugging Michelle, Ellen says she loves the whole Bush family etc... Man the establishment really hates Trump.

IMPERIAL CONCUBINE OF ME

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Salodin View Post
    Constitutional crisis, etc?
    what?

C A P S UNLEASH THE FURY
    BG Level

This why I can't take you all seriously.
    I'm having trouble taking you seriously when you imply that people cannot be simultaneously praised for their virtues and criticized for their sins.

It's almost like humans are complex and have the opportunity to say and do good things even if they've also said and done bad things.

I really wish you would stop talking like this though:

You are contributing to hyperpartisanship that sacrifices critical thinking and nuance for "taking sides," and when you accuse people of straying from their status quo, you aggressively put everyone in boxes, because you are eager to label and cast them off. This is childish.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

I find it strange he had nothing to say against Obama for 8 whole years
    What?

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Why isn't Ellen allowed to love the Bush family?