My Little Ixion
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Olorin Bustyoas
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

"...If you're asking me why, he's trying to detract attention from what was a very, very bad news cycle, and let me go very very dark on you, Mika, all right? the President of the United States put his reputation, the reputation of his predecessor, and the reputation of this nation at risk to get at least a 'draw' out of the next 24 hour news."
    - Gen. Michael Hayden, speaking on Morning Joe earlier today
    The whole thing sounds cartoonish to me, literally. I've watched enough One Piece to know when the quote 'put all our lives on the line damnit!' is being paraphrased & put into practice.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Olo401 View Post
    How dare you defile my hero Bill Hicks in this manner?!!?!
    It's the conspiracy theory that Alex hates the most.

https://www.vice.com/en_au/article/d...es-doesnt-like

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

http://www.mprnews.org/story/2017/03...bi-disputes-it

Congress to move forward with the Wire Tapping probe

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

"Key members of Congress say they will honor President Drumpf's request to investigate his unsubstantiated claim that Barack Obama overstepped his authority as president and had Drumpf's telephones tapped during the election campaign."

3 days of distraction, Congress will confirm that said thing never happened, Trump will go right back to claiming it happened anyway. I'll be stuck listening to idiots talking about Obama's illegal wiretaps for the next year.

IMPERIAL CONCUBINE OF ME
    Coolest Monkey In The Jungle

BG Level

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BwgdkQgSXOg

moose lamb ban live conf TRex, Sessions and Gen. Kelly

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

lmao, the idiots in that Live chat

IMPERIAL CONCUBINE OF ME
    Coolest Monkey In The Jungle

BG Level

That channels live chat is hot fire man, I watch all the live streams there for those idiots

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TsingTao View Post
    "Key members of Congress say they will honor President Drumpf's request to investigate his unsubstantiated claim that Barack Obama overstepped his authority as president and had Drumpf's telephones tapped during the election campaign."

3 days of distraction, Congress will confirm that said thing never happened, Trump will go right back to claiming it happened anyway. I'll be stuck listening to idiots talking about Obama's illegal wiretaps for the next year.
    Payback for Obama being away from the office during 9/11.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Took no questions, everyone walked out.

Quote Originally Posted by Day View Post
    That channels live chat is hot fire man, I watch all the live streams there for those idiots
    I watched the chat stream for about 30 seconds and think I saw every conspiracy theory scroll by. There were also a bunch of messages trying to vote off various minorities and religions like the USA is some kind of special season of Survivor.

Those people probably happily call themselves deplorables, and I'd be the first to agree with them.

Quote Originally Posted by TsingTao View Post

Frankly, I'm more worried they'll say Obama did just to further embolden Trump. It gives him a more legit opportunity to play the victim than his usual arm flailing about fake news.

Though, my stance on the issue is one that being in the running for president should pretty much open any doors to whatever closets you have in search of the proverbial skeletons. And that's where the key difference lies over advocating full espionage on random citizens. Joe the Plumber isn't gonna be influencing the world in nearly the same degree as Trump.

Banned.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by arus2001 View Post
    Though, my stance on the issue is one that being in the running for president should pretty much open any doors to whatever closets you have in search of the proverbial skeletons. And that's where the key difference lies over advocating full espionage on random citizens. Joe the Plumber isn't gonna be influencing the world in nearly the same degree as Trump.
    McCarythism at its finest.

Death by snoo snoo
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syntax Error
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

Quote Originally Posted by Heavencloud View Post
    No it isn't.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Heavencloud View Post
    You seem confused about what McCarthy did. McCarthy publicly went after random citizens (prominently including Hollywood writers/stars) and his drunken inquisitions ultimately had no positive effect on national security and ruined the lives of their targets.

The US intelligence agency choosing to silently monitor a presidential candidate who is allegedly colluding with our largest or second largest geopolitical adversary is pretty fucking far from McCarthyism, not that it matters because they've all now come out and said it didn't happen.

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    You seem confused about what McCarthy did. McCarthy publicly went after random citizens (prominently including Hollywood writers/stars) and his drunken inquisitions ultimately had no positive effect on national security and ruined the lives of their targets.

The US intelligence agency choosing to silently monitor a presidential candidate who is allegedly colluding with our largest or second largest geopolitical adversary is pretty fucking far from McCarthyism, not that it matters because they've all now come out and said it didn't happen.
    Actually your "not that it matters because" should be followed by "you don't care Heavencloud."

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

The sheer amount of irony, of a Trump supporter accusing someone of McCarthyism while simultaneously turning a blind eye to all of Trumps ongoing examples including his recent accusation of being wiretapped, is just... wow.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Breitbart is tagging the wiretapping articles with DeepStateGate

Brown Recluse
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

I wonder how much money Iraq gave Trump to get them off the list?