+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 75 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast

Thread: DNC Restructuring     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Duplicitous Jew with Political Aspirations
    BG Level

Her political stances aren't so much the problem as that she's bad at the job of being a leader.

She raised a boatload of money for Democrats, sure, but then they still lost big.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I'm surprised I haven't heard more stink about this from the progressive side. Though maybe that'll change when I catch up on my programs.

Honestly Pelosi just needs to stay as a background character and let someone else be the face of it.

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

Welp, this is why I'm a proud independent.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

My Little Ixion
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Olorin Bustyoas
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

As a (half) Italian-American, this is just another reason why I had no problem with Pelosi continuing in her current position.

BTW it may seem like Ryan's playing to the tune of the "new normal" in this country, but he's actually always been a DINO pushing against womens and LGBT rights.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

dago red wine's a good one

truly they are a peoples with questionable oenophilic tastes

Quote Originally Posted by Olo401 View Post
    As a (half) Italian-American, this is just another reason why I had no problem with Pelosi continuing in her current position.

BTW it may seem like Ryan's playing to the tune of the "new normal" in this country, but he's actually always been a DINO pushing against womens and LGBT rights.
    This clip is great. This is also the first time I've heard of him being anti-LGBT.

Nancy Pelosi Beats Back House Democratic Leadership Challenge

Democrats also re-elected Representative Steny H. Hoyer, 77, of Maryland as whip, the No. 2 position, as well as Representative James E. Clyburn, 76, of South Carolina in the No. 3 spot as the assistant Democratic leader. Mr. Hoyer and Mr. Clyburn have been part of the Democratic leadership team since 2003 and 2007. Both ran unopposed.

Representative Joseph Crowley of New York was also elected chairman of the House Democratic Caucus, and in a narrow victory, 98 to 96, Representative Linda T. Sánchez of California defeated another California Democrat, Representative Barbara Lee, to become vice chairwoman.

Last week Ms. Pelosi selected Representative Ben Ray Luján of New Mexico to again lead the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee, even though House Democrats picked up just six seats in this election.
    Literally the same representation y'all.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

If it didn't work the last few times it'll surely work again! Genius!

The democrats are sandbagging their own: Rep. Keith Ellison faces renewed scrutiny over past ties to Nation of Islam, defense of anti-Semitic figures

In one scathing column from 1990 unearthed by CNN's KFile, Ellison accused the university's president of chilling the free expression of black students by openly criticizing a controversial speaker invited to speak on campus by the Africana Student Cultural Center. That speaker, Kwame Ture (also known as Stokely Carmichael), had publicly claimed that Zionists had collaborated with the Nazis in World War II and has been quoted as saying "Zionism must be destroyed."

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

You forgot the NYT article.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/12/01/us...h-ellison.html

The democrats love devouring their young apparently.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Dems really are fucking stupid sometimes.

BG Level

i'm not sure what Ellison has done to deserve such fierce loyalty from you all and place him above any criticism. none of the complaints are exactly fabricated, is it somehow a surprise Jewish interest groups are uncomfortable with a man who had a long association with an anti-semitic organization and one who publicly defended its leaders?

BG Level

Maybe it's because it's the same group who propped up a weak candidate for presidency while sandbagging a populist Jew and potentially stronger candidate and has a history of sabotaging campaigns with this while simultaneously doing their best to cover up the steaming shit pile for said weak candidates?

No. It's gotta be people putting up blinders. For sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Andalusian girls View Post
    i'm not sure what Ellison has done to deserve such fierce loyalty from you all and place him above any criticism. none of the complaints are exactly fabricated, is it somehow a surprise Jewish interest groups are uncomfortable with a man who had a long association with an anti-semitic organization and one who publicly defended its leaders?
    I don't think he's above criticism. I don't think the criticism is very strong.

But it was also fueled by the fact that progressive-turned-lobbyist Howard Dean jumped into the fray, but withdrew his name yesterday.

Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

KYAH

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by kuronosan View Post
    Maybe it's because it's the same group who propped up a weak candidate for presidency while sandbagging a populist Jew and potentially stronger candidate and has a history of sabotaging campaigns with this while simultaneously doing their best to cover up the steaming shit pile for said weak candidates?

No. It's gotta be people putting up blinders. For sure.
    what in heaven's name are you talking about

if you had read the article you would see it contained the Anti-Defamation League (which is not a part of the DNC) withdrawing their endorsement from Ellison over his past defenses of Louis Farrakhan and his critical statements regarding Israel. it further reported that the AFL–CIO (which is not a part of the DNC) was having internal deliberations over whether to continue supporting Ellison or abstain until all Chairman candidates had come forth.

Quote Originally Posted by Talint View Post
    I don't think he's above criticism. I don't think the criticism is very strong.

But it was also fueled by the fact that progressive-turned-lobbyist Howard Dean jumped into the fray, but withdrew his name yesterday.
    fair enough. he has apologized for the remarks he made and the papers he wrote and perhaps it is sincere. i just don't see how the Anti-Defamation League, which exists to get mad over antisemitism, getting mad over Ellison's links to antisemitism is evidence the man is being betrayed by the corrupt Democratic establishment or whatever ridiculous narrative the disciples of the Bern were hastily constructing.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

these overly confident yet scarcely related injections are cyclical

Meet the Democrats' proto-Trumps

In Florida, it’s John Morgan, a wealthy attorney who has long been one of the Democratic Party’s biggest swing-state fundraisers. In Illinois, it’s J.B. Pritzker, the businessman and philanthropist with a history of pumping cash and Chicago political support toward Hillary Clinton. And in California, it’s Tom Steyer, the hedge fund manager-turned climate activist who used the 2014 and 2016 election cycles to become one of the left's single biggest donors, to the tune of over $140 million. And more may be on the way.
    Good job dems, really fucking nailing it here. These are great picks. Clearly they've learned.

John Morgan would win Florida in a fucking landslide. Dude campaigned for medical marijuana for three years to get it passed. He's a pretty big liberal guy it seems from what I've heard of him and heard him speak on the radio.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IT AIN'T OVER YET!

lolHuffington Post, but: Obama Makes It Pretty Clear He Doesn’t Want Keith Ellison To Run The DNC

Obama and Ellison have squared off over a host of issues over the years. Ellison called to curb the administration’s aggressive deportations of undocumented Americans, and opposed administration proposals to cut Social Security benefits as part of a (never-enacted) “Grand Bargain” with congressional Republicans. Ellison was an early opponent of Obama’s Trans-Pacific Partnership trade deal, arguing it would undermine American workers without providing adequate protections for foreign laborers.

Perez, who supported TPP, has been one of the most progressive members of the Obama administration. As Labor Secretary, he has pursued new regulations to expand the number of workers who qualify for overtime pay and require retirement account managers to manage investments in the best interests of their clients rather than seek out their own kickbacks. Both of those achievements will likely be unwound by the Trump administration before they can be implemented.Obama and Ellison have squared off over a host of issues over the years. Ellison called to curb the administration’s aggressive deportations of undocumented Americans, and opposed administration proposals to cut Social Security benefits as part of a (never-enacted) “Grand Bargain” with congressional Republicans. Ellison was an early opponent of Obama’s Trans-Pacific Partnership trade deal, arguing it would undermine American workers without providing adequate protections for foreign laborers.
    I honestly don't know enough about Perez to say that this is bad, but there is some serious resistance to Ellison that I don't quite get.

BG Level

I have no idea why it repeated the same paragraph twice.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 75 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast