+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 75 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast

Thread: DNC Restructuring     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Quote Originally Posted by kuronosan View Post
    I have no idea why it repeated the same paragraph twice.
    Because the Dems are on repeat.

Or I can't copypasta.

Biden backs Perez in race to lead Democratic Party

Democratic strategists with knowledge of the chairman selection process say Perez has as much as a 66-member lead among the 447 members of the party who will vote on the next chairman at the party convention in late February. In total, 304 members have indicated who they're backing.
    lol they're going to fucking blow this.

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

To be fair, you don't learn lessons when you make excuses for losing.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

do you gentlemen have specific objections to Tom Perez besides the fact he isn't the Bernie-backed Ellison

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I got no objections to Tom Perez. He'd make a fine pick though the newly minted JUSTICE DEMOCRATS will probably flail at anyone voting for him.

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Andalusian girls View Post
    do you gentlemen have specific objections to Tom Perez besides the fact he isn't the Bernie-backed Ellison
    love Tom Perez, he's politically savvy and a genius. His maneuvering on the department of labor's fiduciary rule last year was brilliant. The overtime rule was important regulation for middle america. It is sad that neither will come to fruition.

The problem is as you said, he's not the Bernie-backed Ellison. All anyone sees is a status-quo neo lib

C A P S UNLEASH THE FURY
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Talint View Post
    Biden backs Perez in race to lead Democratic Party

lol they're going to fucking blow this.
    yeah what a failure it would be to have the most competent person in charge for once

lol.

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Andalusian girls View Post
    None. Then again, I'm not a Bernie Bro.

Is it really the worst thing in the world to have the populist choice as opposed to some lanyard-twirling insider?

How do you keep going back to that poisoned well that so resoundingly rejected you after a whole decade?

C A P S UNLEASH THE FURY
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Talint View Post
    Is it really the worst thing in the world to have the populist choice as opposed to some lanyard-twirling insider?

How do you keep going back to that poisoned well that so resoundingly rejected you after a whole decade?
    I gather from your language that you haven't worked in or particularly near government. You're villifying people who have accomplished quite a lot towards agendas I'm sure matter a lot to you and discounting their hard work as meager in the face of this "populist" utopia that Bernie voters seem to believe is just waiting to be nabbed from the clouds. As if the "insider" democrats were the only ones in the way of single payer, tuition-free uni, etc. It's preposterous, frankly.

Funny thing about the people that end up getting called populist is that they rarely have a track record of doing much of anything. That matters. A lot more than words, believe it or not. It's easy to talk a big game about what you want and expect out of your country, but the Perezs and Hillarys of the world have spent their careers trying to actually make it happen while the Sanders and his ilk have been comfortable to criticize on the sidelines from their safe perches. Hands clean of everything, including compromise, including actionable success.

Quote Originally Posted by Xajii View Post
    Funny thing about the people that end up getting called populist is that they rarely have a track record of doing much of anything.
    I honestly don't know how anyone can argue against populism considering the sweeping victories of the tea party the last three of the four elections.

But leave it to liberals who would rather enable a fascist than try and veer more left.

Duplicitous Jew with Political Aspirations
    BG Level

Sanders was a joke from the beginning and never had a shot at winning.

Walking down that path is a losing proposition for Democrats smart enough to realize it.

The Anti Miz

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Xajii View Post
    I gather from your language that you haven't worked in or particularly near government. You're villifying people who have accomplished quite a lot towards agendas I'm sure matter a lot to you and discounting their hard work as meager in the face of this "populist" utopia that Bernie voters seem to believe is just waiting to be nabbed from the clouds. As if the "insider" democrats were the only ones in the way of single payer, tuition-free uni, etc. It's preposterous, frankly.

Funny thing about the people that end up getting called populist is that they rarely have a track record of doing much of anything. That matters. A lot more than words, believe it or not. It's easy to talk a big game about what you want and expect out of your country, but the Perezs and Hillarys of the world have spent their careers trying to actually make it happen while the Sanders and his ilk have been comfortable to criticize on the sidelines from their safe perches. Hands clean of everything, including compromise, including actionable success.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zealot View Post
    Sanders was a joke from the beginning and never had a shot at winning.

Walking down that path is a losing proposition for Democrats smart enough to realize it.
    dangerous attitude here fellas

You think Day is the only Bernie bro swallowing trump right now? That shit is real in these streets cousin and just because it isn't on display in the beltway doesn't mean we should act like it doesn't exist elsewhere.

C A P S UNLEASH THE FURY
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by tyven View Post
    dangerous attitude here fellas

You think Day is the only Bernie bro swallowing trump right now? That shit is real in these streets cousin and just because it isn't on display in the beltway doesn't mean we should act like it doesn't exist elsewhere.
    I get that, but I'm not going to sugarcoat reality to capture a voting bloc that doesn't actually vote

BG Level

I think it's a far cry from "Sanders couldn't win" to "I support Trump." He had a lot of good, progressive platforms that the DNC adopted almost entirely. He was never going to win the primary, let alone the general election.

I'd argue Democrats are smarter for not trying to capture BernieBros in their net. Republicans tried to bottle the Tea Party and ended up being subverted, and now here we are.

The Anti Miz

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Zealot View Post
    I think it's a far cry from "Sanders couldn't win" to "I support Trump." He had a lot of good, progressive platforms that the DNC adopted almost entirely. He was never going to win the primary, let alone the general election.

I'd argue Democrats are smarter for not trying to capture BernieBros in their net. Republicans tried to bottle the Tea Party and ended up being subverted, and now here we are.
    i posted this 11 months ago and now here we are

Here are my bold predictions aka things I overheard on the Hill today and will take full credit for predicting if they come true.

A group of moderate house republicans are about to throw their support behind Donald
    Donald wins Florida and Texas
    Donald/Rubio is R the ticket
    Sanders get absolutely annihilated because of college spring break
    Hillary has spent more than expected fending off Bernie and hasnt been able to save as much as planned for the General
    Donald pulls a substantial amount of votes that once belonged to Sanders
    Donald vs Hillary ends up in a record low turnout
    Donald Trump is our next president

apparently blue collar dems are gonna flock to Trump once the Bern is extinguished. This was from the mouth of a Dem Congressman
    WHO CAN GUESS THE DEM CONGRESSMAN?

C A P S UNLEASH THE FURY
    BG Level

Yeah but I don't think we should be acting like the Bernouts who got caught in the lowest-common-denominator-populism net of Trump are what swung the election.

That is of course unless the massive amounts of blue collar union voting blocs were actually going to vote Bernie, but I really doubt that.

BG Level

I have never doubted your prognostication, I just think I can say Bernie couldn't win and still not like Trump.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

IMPERIAL CONCUBINE OF ME
    Coolest Monkey In The Jungle

BG Level

I see yall name droppin >.>

The people on the right in my feed are begging the left to pick Ellison FWIW. Perez is the better choice IMO.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 75 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast