+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by tyven View Post
    I also have a few questions that maybe I missed the answers to or just went unresolved. Maybe book readers can shed some light.

Spoiler: show
    From episode 1:
    Who was the girl Tak was with when he got caught?
    Were those stacks she was cleaning of any importance?

In general:
    Did we ever find out what became of Jaeger? I only remember him in the flashbacks

Also something I randomly noticed but could be dead wrong about:
    The Protectorate and CTAC didn't actually seem like they were bad. The only operations we saw them go on were to take down the Yakuza and capture Tak when he was a full blown merc. So tak real-deathed a bunch of them when he ran into his sister which is kind of fucked up. Were the envoys actually terrorists? WAS I CHEERING FOR THE BAD GUYS?

Zet kinda covered this, but we don't know who the girl he was with is, because in the book she's a completely different character that has kinda been merged with Quell. As for the protectorate and envoy's, the story has been changed drastically from the books so it's hard to answer that either, but maybe? I'd recommend giving the book a read, it's really good. The next two in the series are more divisive but I really liked them.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Just got done with the first episode. Love the world building and the cinematography is absolutely gorgeous.

We built this city
    We built this city on cock and stooooooone

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

Has there been any backlash to the main character being essentially an asian character played by a white dude? It makes sense in the context of the show but it feels like something people would get mad about.

Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Deftscythe View Post
    Has there been any backlash to the main character being essentially an asian character played by a white dude? It makes sense in the context of the show but it feels like something people would get mad about.
    Not really.

pilot was good but the dialogue felt a little wooden, hopefully it feels a little more natural. the world looks like blade runner lite and that is a good thing

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Deftscythe View Post
    i've seen it mentioned like once or twice but the main actor and the producers were like stfu we're following the source material

I think the show is pretty amazing production wise, I love the world they built. Some of the acting and characters are cringey though.

Motherfucking
    NOSTRADAMUS

Vamos los Perds!

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Wulfgang Amadeus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Ended up hopping over to Netflix after the SB to wind down before bed and randomly happened upon this. Fantastic surprise for me; it's like The Island (Ewan McGregor / ScarJo clone movie) in a Blade Runner-esque dystopian setting. Beautiful visuals and the first episode was dope. I watched the first three eps last night; definitely slowed a bit after the opening salvo, but still great.

I'm so impressed with the production design on this, it's absolutely amazing. Only 2 episodes in but really loving it so far

BG Level

Just finished episode 4 and god damn this show is awesome!

BG Level

i'm on ep 8 i think now. started the books too. very good, but very different as well.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Finished the season last night, I thoroughly enjoyed it. The dialogue was a bit "eh" at times but the world building was fantastic and damn I wish we had stacks technology

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ridill
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by mahler05 View Post
    and damn I wish we had stacks technology

Just imagine... Donald Trump living forever and switching bodies every eight years because the law only says no BODY can be elected as President for more than two terms. /Futurama

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by Souj View Post
    Just imagine... Donald Trump living forever and switching bodies every eight years because the law only says no BODY can be elected as President for more than two terms. /Futurama
    Haha oh he would for sure become a meth? Idk I gotta rewatch on subtitles to see how they spell this stuff but god damn that world was so amazing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Finished the season over the weekend, such amazing world-building. It definitely scratched the need for both cyberpunk and film noire.

BG Level

Just finished it and god damn I loved it!

PROS:
    - The world-building and cinematography were second to none. I'm curious on the budget of this show because everything was amazing and beautifully well presented.
    - I'm a huge sucker for noir and blade runner style films. This was a majestic marriage between the two.
    - The character Lizzie was an amazing Dues Ex Machina of bad ass.
    - Poe was an amazing character.

CONS:
    - The acting at times was fucking awful lol. Kovacs and Ortega, their characters probably could've been better done with better actors.
    - The season would've been better served ending at 8 episodes with the fake killer reveal. The obsessed sister/brother complex is so god damn tired. It was disheartening because I knew the second her character was introduced in the main timeline this was the case.

BG's Official Canucks Fan
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Xno Kappa View Post
    Just finished it and god damn I loved it!

PROS:
    - The world-building and cinematography were second to none. I'm curious on the budget of this show because everything was amazing and beautifully well presented.
    - I'm a huge sucker for noir and blade runner style films. This was a majestic marriage between the two.
    - The character Lizzie was an amazing Dues Ex Machina of bad ass.
    - Poe was an amazing character.

CONS:
    - The acting at times was fucking awful lol. Kovacs and Ortega, their characters probably could've been better done with better actors.
    - The season would've been better served ending at 8 episodes with the fake killer reveal. The obsessed sister/brother complex is so god damn tired. It was disheartening because I knew the second her character was introduced in the main timeline this was the case.
    I agree with this. Would just add that I think the acting was made worse by the terrible dialogue at times. The overall story and how the different threads came together was good but good lord that dialogue.

Also fair warning to guys watching this with the girls/significant others. Episode 9 has a super dark and fucked up scene that will deeply offend a lot of women. You have been warned.

The Real Cookiemonster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dark Depravity
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

I must join the crowd who enjoyed this quite a bit, not afraid to poke at the moral implications of technology. In that regard, while the scenes of ep. 9 were offensive, they were so for a purpose, not just to be offensive/provocative for its own sake.
    Have to agree with Xno Kappa though, it would've been better without
    the "My sister is an evil supervillain" thing, even if I do enjoy looking at Dichen Lachman

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

i dont even remember episode 9 cuz i watched all this shit so quick

The Real Cookiemonster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dark Depravity
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by tyven View Post
    i dont even remember episode 9 cuz i watched all this shit so quick
    on the ship with the girls being sacrificed believing they would get a new skin afterwards, girl with knife wanting him to stab her and fuck the holes