Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
    Campaign
    BG Level

Experience/Capacity points per kill Caps

I remember someone (Dasva? Byrth?) testing this when Apex monsters first came out during a double CP campaign.
    Was it ever found out if the 65.535 number was a matter of a display limitation (and you were actually getting more per kill) or a real hardcap on XP/CP gain per kill?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I did awhile ago. Never really redid the test to figure out if display or actual largely because it's hard to really track while going for the big chains and they haven't actually done a real double cp event in forever just the stupid chain garbage. Well that and the jobs I could possible still get it do it on by myself are over capped now lol... though I guess killing the apex mega bosses might be easier now so I could get some kind of chain anyways

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

It's the actual cap.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Oh just remembered something xp or at least limit points doesn't have that display cap (didn't really bother to check mid chain if I actually got that much though)

Relic Shield
    BG Level

you do only get a merit and 1 tnl short of the next still right? Ive been noticin alot lately gettin a merit like merit 15 then next kill will be 17 and this iis over and over so its not some hidden roe completion or something.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

While I can't say for that specific kill all the other ones I have checked don't care. During cp campaign I regularly go from 0 to capped merits in around 30-40 kills