Closed Thread
Page 2 of 117 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast
    Been Here Longer Than you
    BG Level

I think they meant: "30 of the Top SFV players in the World, and 2 Latin American players!".

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

SFV is on sale on Amazon for $15.

The budget Qanba Drone stick is on sale for $70.

You just got served THE CALLISTO SPECIAL
    SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

I just used a Drone for the first time this past weekend, the parts aren't quite Sanwa but they're way better than the parts that shipped with the old madcatz SE sticks, it was decent

more rumors about umvc4 on neogaf... ;o

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1319710

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Maybe Ono's trolling with Akuma not being playable in SFV at PSX is part of it. Mr. Wizard has also been dropping some hints on his twitter, posting pictures of his Disney backpack for no reason and mentioning LEAKS. If it does get revealed, maybe we'll finally get 2 games on the CPT.

BG Level

I imagine it actually is M4. The same guy who leaked M3 posted about it on Twitter. Unfortunately, Combofiend seems to be heavily involved

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Last minute cancellation let K-Brad squeeze into CapCup.

Quote Originally Posted by Lokus View Post
    Maybe Ono's trolling with Akuma not being playable in SFV at PSX is part of it. Mr. Wizard has also been dropping some hints on his twitter, posting pictures of his Disney backpack for no reason and mentioning LEAKS. If it does get revealed, maybe we'll finally get 2 games on the CPT.
    I'm super skeptical this would happen. Like, just a few months ago, they lost all their licenses for Marvel, and had to take everything down, but they're going to pull a new game out of their ass?

And what about all those stories about Capcom being so poor they couldn't make Street Fighter without Sony's money?

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I need BG Illuminati Bros to get on this MvC4 shit, asap.

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Like if this nigga Scunsion comes back from the grave to talk about MvC4, I will become an instant believer.

Ze NinjaSYXX
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nitsuki Syxx
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Soooooooo this may be a very random question since it's sorta off topic, but i'm looking to sell one of my TE sticks (PS3 SFxT stick), how much would i be able to net for the stick? It's pretty much never been used and i put it back in its original box.

SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

Could probably get $100, every game but SFV has proper legacy support, lol

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

capcup to feature on ESPN2 as evo did; per ultradavid on twitter, the commentators were apparently not filled in on this minor detail, lol. keep up the good work, capcom.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Communication is overrated.

BG Level

Didn't most streamers not even know until the month of that they would even be working EVO? I seem to remember Callisto being totally unaware until like the very last moment.

SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Weltall View Post
    Didn't most streamers not even know until the month of that they would even be working EVO? I seem to remember Callisto being totally unaware until like the very last moment.
    That was last year, I didn't know until Combo Breaker because it was the first year they had brought in multiple freelance teams to run 5+ streams and they didn't know who they were going to bring in yet.

This year I knew before Final Round iirc

BG Level

"Pretty sure I'll be there for work, but I might be in Thursday night and out Sunday night to save days off to work more events.

As to the last point, you'd be surprised how last-minute a lot of production stuff comes together. A lot of time has to be put towards all of the logistics on the physical side first, the stuff you actually see on stream are the very last thingd to get put together. I didn't have all of the sponsor ads/videos etc. until like an hour before we went live on Friday, lol."

The post above was from this June bra lol. Sounds like its a complete cluster for such a large event. This kind of shit should be affirmed, 100%, at least 6 months prior to an event like this, not "pretty sure" 30 days away lol.

If this is common, should it be? Is it just easy to do everything last minute in this "industry"?

SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

As far as the 'pretty sure' part, I knew I was going to be on staff well in advance, just not in what capacity(my usual position is technical director but they shuffle us up sometimes). For the rest, yeah it's pretty normal, especially wrt to getting ads/assets from sponsors last-minute. That part is on them, not the stream production, usually depending on the size of the company it's because there's hoops for them to jump through with their legal/marketing departments before passing things on.

That stuff is generally easy, once you have the actual files it's like two minutes tops to have them ready to be on stream. Most of the 'important' stuff like hardware setup is finished at least a full day before it's time to go live, the last-minute stuff is usually software side, something like a bug was found in the overlays and they need a coding fix. It's less a big deal for us since the biggest concern is the physical equipment working, appropriate power/internet/lighting, but stuff like graphics/ads are still important for the overall show obviously since that's what you guys see. I wouldn't call it a cluster since usually even if something has a deadline that is right up against go-live time you know that in advance and can prep everything else around it.

BG Level

That makes it more clear. It sounded like "well, we will tell some streamers they are up about 2 weeks prior to the event and hope they can come!".

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 117 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast