BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Don Katsu View Post
    When they removed invincible reversals they should have removed CC properties from them and left CC on all EX invul.
    I honestly don't think you even need CC vs. EX (IIRC, this was how it worked in first beta). The fact that they lost meter AND are eating a full (non-CC) punish is enough, especially since EX DPs have fierce DP recovery. However, I would ensure that EX DPs do not crossup on block.

now what have as result is no one using them for even anti airs.
    That part, at least, is being addressed in the April patch: all medium DPs will have full invincibility to airborne attacks.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

punk putting on a show in teams, taking du's teabag to another level

lol then he blows it and gets a tbag in return from xyzzy

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

I've always been a fan of FADC, because it gives the player more things they can do with their meter. Yes, wake up safe DP is a thing, and you know you can do it or not, depending on how much meter you have. Maybe you don't decide to FADC a combo for extra damage, because you're concerned you might need that safe DP. Perhaps you don't have the safe DP because you blew the meter needed on EX moves. You rarely got to see super moves with most characters in SF4, because meter usage was often better spent on other things.

And remember, not everyone had wake up invincible reversals. I loved me some Makoto, and she had lots of things she could do with meter, and it was always fun as hell to confuse people then pull of an FADC command grab and such. FADC was just a very useful mechanic all around and well balanced in terms of offense and defense.

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

In the final implementation of it it was kosher, but when you could FADC DP, get blocked and have frame advantage? That shit was whack.

Edit : a word

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Minerva Kissaki
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Krandor View Post
    In the final implementation of it was kosher, but when you could FADC DP, get blocked and have frame advantage? That shit was whack.
    2nd this after the nerfed the advantage it was fineeeee

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

https://www.eventhubs.com/images/201...arly-highs-05/

This is why SF5 lacks hype to me. Commentators are all excited because Gamerbee risked an EX uppercut at the end. Yes, risk, etc, but it feels like... "OK, i've seen ten million wake up EX DPs, even by pros" The impressive part is that it was done versus a high level opponent on a large stage. But watch any decent online matches, and you'll see the exact same thing. Versus say, watching SF4 and Xian doing his Gen stuff, or the way Momochi could play Ken, etc. It just doesn't feel as hype in V. And I know this comes off like "fuck V!" I play the occasional matches here and there, it's kinda fun, but it's still lacking that special SF ingredient that made 2/3/4 good.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

That's like saying Japanese shouldn't have yelled during every hit of every boring Yang SF3 corner loop. That's just what they do to hype up a match.

Its a commentator's job to hype up a match, even when its a routine match. Should JR have not have yelled during every clothesline delivered during a WWE match back in the 90's/00's?

SFV has plenty of flaws, but what you're describing happens in every goddamn game under the sun.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya

BG Level

Yo that Chris G/RyanLV marvel set just now was nuts!

lol mahvel is still the best

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
    That's like saying Japanese shouldn't have yelled during every hit of every boring Yang SF3 corner loop. That's just what they do to hype up a match.

Its a commentator's job to hype up a match, even when its a routine match. Should JR have not have yelled during every clothesline delivered during a WWE match back in the 90's/00's?

SFV has plenty of flaws, but what you're describing happens in every goddamn game under the sun.
    I won't argue that it's a comentators job to hype things, even when it's boring.

I will argue that damn, they're having to do that a hell of a lot more often with SFV than they did with SFIV. The plays are less hype on avg, because of how the game is.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

That, I'll agree with you on, with one caveat:

Balrog, in this game, needs no effort to hype up. Dude is a goddamn mack truck with fists attached and I never get goddamn tired of seeing him blow people the fuck up.

Been Here Longer Than you
    BG Level

Spreaking of Balrog, how the fuck isn't Smug sponsored? He is better and more hype than every west coast player that wasn't imported from NY. Echo Fox should have got Punk or Smug over Julio.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

OK putting Bronson on the mic while he's playing is pretty amusing.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Balrog is fun to watch because of his OPness, literally. It's like "Just wait for it... Wait for it...." and wham, like 4 seconds, 70% of your health gone. It makes his matches really fun to watch, and great to cheer against him.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

You aren't wrong, Welt. I can't imagine what's in his background or whatever to keep sponsors away.

BG Level

I bet if he lived in Cali, he would be sponsored by a good team.

BG Level

Winner of Du/Fuudo will win this. Mika is still too retarded.

Edit: Capcom is beyond stupid. That was a horrible call/rule. Du should be moving on already.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

OMG if Du ends up losing the set

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya

BG Level

Glad Du completely took it. That was a bullshit ass call to say it was a draw.

BG Level

Punk was like 8 tiers better than LPN lmao.

Edit: Win/win with Bonchan/Gamerbee. Couldn't give a shit about either of them.

Closed Thread
Page 49 of 117 FirstFirst ... 39 47 48 49 50 51 59 99 ... LastLast