Closed Thread
Page 50 of 117 FirstFirst ... 40 48 49 50 51 52 60 100 ... LastLast
    Been Here Longer Than you
    BG Level

Don't even care if Fuudo wins this, America is the best in this game.

Korea: 1 Dude who cancelled coming to a premiere the week of because he is getting blown up.
    Japan: 2nd best easily
    Europe: Didn't even manage a single person from Europe in the top 8 of their premiere.
    America: Took top 2 spots at Capcom Cup, which now means the most.

It's free right now.

Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by Weltall View Post
    Don't even care if Fuudo wins this, America is the best in this game.

Korea: 1 Dude who cancelled coming to a premiere the week of because he is getting blown up.
    Japan: 2nd best easily
    Europe: Didn't even manage a single person from Europe in the top 8 of their premiere.
    America: Took top 2 spots at Capcom Cup, which now means the most.

It's free right now.
    correction

two americans with pads are the best.

it's hilarious how much you hate the game directly correlates with how good are you are SF5.

all three of the "best in the world" players within the last year and half all openly hate this game LMFAO.

Infil thinks the game is basic bitch sf
    Du thinks it has no neutral and shit footsies
    Punk says sf4 is the superior sf and sf5 has shit character balance

While all the sell out shills like Jwong, Daigo, Tokido, are either ass or slowly becoming a non threat.

then there are the OGs who've either shut the fuck up when they realize they weren't going to be relevant (AGAIN), or went back into hiding saying the new SF is shit (as always).

as for Punk, he's hands down the best in the world. Dude is looking like Infil in 2012 right now.

You know how I know Punk is legit? Let's forget the fact that he spent his early teens honing his SF skills playing The Greatest SF Of All Time.

But the fact that, even at his age, he's smart enough to recognize just how amazing a player Bonchan was/is.

I said it all throughout SF4 that Bonchan was the best pure SF player I have ever seen. To know that Punk literally looks up to Bonchan like that, you KNOW Punk has high SF IQ.

Straight Ca$h Homie
    BG Level

People respect Bonchan? Oh man, what's next? You gonna tell me water is wet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BG Level

Momochi is a very consistent player and hates the game, too. You won't find him saying that in any interview though. I think it is funny that Du has hated on it since the beta, and that guy is so strong. I think Guile might be the only character in the game that doesn't play the exact same and have the same gameplan (rushdown into guessing over and over with random normals as "footsies").

SFV is the first time I've ever looked a bracket with Tokido vs. an American and thought "ok, I'd actually bet my bank account on the American" lmao....

No point of even discussing Daigo. Dude is near free to anyone decent. I was shocked Kbrad lost to him, but Kbrad has been getting wrecked lately too.

Edit: It is still hard to believe this is the same Ken player from SF4 lol. I used to run all over him.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

We hope you tuned in last week when Ultra Street Fighter II debuted some new footage in the Nintendo Direct. In case you missed out, don’t worry because today we have a brand new trailer to share that includes that new footage.

Ultra Street Fighter II: The Final Challengers for the Nintendo Switch releases on 5/26 for $39.99! For European pricing, please check with individual retailers.

Also, similar to the two different graphics modes in the game, many of the original songs have two versions that players can switch between. We’ve put together a short video to showcase the versions back-to-back.

We here at Capcom can’t wait to bring you the next edition of the classic Street Fighter II series.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I would be really upset about USF2 being Switch-exclusive, but luckily it appears to have nothing of added value compared to HDR. Talk all the trash about Sirlin you want, but at least he gave us a game aimed at the community. This game is aimed squarely at the filthy casuals. It's a tarted-up mobile game. (And the HDR soundtrack just craps all over USF2. It's actually embarrassing.)

The thing I'm most worried about is that this game (as opposed to HDR) will be the basis for a Steam port. That would be disappointing.

Hay guyz, I was Shinebox but now I'm not!
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Don Katsu
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by Weltall View Post
    Edit: It is still hard to believe this is the same Ken player from SF4 lol. I used to run all over him.
    he was also like 14-15 at the time,
    Not experienced enough. I mean how good could he possibly get in a game that had shit as technical as this
    lol

https://youtu.be/BF4xxx4rUZg

BG Level

I loved the Bonchan interview where he said he would basically play anything on the Pro Tour other than SFV because "V is the worst thing". Moments later he realized he fucked up and tried to save face lmao. The interviewer actually did Capcom a favor and translated it less harshly than Bonchan even said it.

http://imgur.com/a/YVP7t CrossCounter is now a smash channel.

thx, SF5.

BG Level

Sooo like, who hosts the vids? Do Gootecks and MR play Smash on it or did they get replaced? lol

Conejita's Jolly
    Chaparrita's Dulce
    Trigger warning: Fuck your feelings.

BG Level

TBH their channel is fucked... well, most channels rn are beyond fucked. A quick glance at their channel, and if my calculations are semi decent, @2month date range: they've probably made around 1.5k bucks from ad revenue. That's before youtube's new algorithm which plummeted ad revenue to around 60ish%. Gentlemen, time to find a regular job cuz this shit ain't cutting it.

*So if you're a streamer, Twitch/Patreon are waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than yt right nowz, specially w/ all the ebegging. So fuck ad revenue and start begging for tips lmao.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by JeanClaudVanDamme View Post
    http://imgur.com/a/YVP7t CrossCounter is now a smash channel.

thx, SF5.
    I know I'm wasting my time with you, but what is wrong with diversifying your content? Where exactly does it say it's an exclusive smash channel now?

You also sound disappointed about this, where as in the past you've posted how fraudulent CrossCounter was. What's changed bro?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

I like watching Punk play. His Karin is really fantastic, and I feel when watching him he just does what he wants, when he wants, on whoever his opponent is, and it just always works out. Whoever just said it's 2012 infil is exactly right, that's the level of dominance he's showing right now. I just want them to make it more fun

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by shukudai View Post
    I like watching Punk play. His Karin is really fantastic, and I feel when watching him he just does what he wants, when he wants, on whoever his opponent is, and it just always works out. Whoever just said it's 2012 infil is exactly right, that's the level of dominance he's showing right now. I just want them to make it more fun
    Look forward to Season 5 bro...

Straight Ca$h Homie
    BG Level

I just watched a USFIV Sagat highlight video, and it really showed just how much the 7 frame delay neuters reactionary game play in V. You never see people just react to shit in this game. Fix that and I think the game becomes 15x more fun to play.

Theory Fighter
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Frejan Schultz
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I don't remember what was the average recovery on whiff of the common punishable moves in USFIV, but the fact that moves started faster overall (light attacks ranging from 2 t 4 frames instead of 3 to 5, lots of 4 frame mediums, etc.) helped a lot, too. Not to mention the range of the attacks. And that seems like a design choice more than the input lag. I actually pretty much only whiff punish things with Vega's slide, which isn't the fastest move around (9 frames), but the reach does wonders.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Deejay View Post
    I just watched a USFIV Sagat highlight video, and it really showed just how much the 7 frame delay neuters reactionary game play in V. You never see people just react to shit in this game. Fix that and I think the game becomes 15x more fun to play.
    Yes, this is problem #1 for SFV. I want to puke when I hear commentators say "Wow no AA, wow he isn't DPing!".....NO SHIT HE CAN'T RELIABLY, YOU FUCKING IDIOTS! If they are a half second late, mostly due to the lag not skill level, they can easily take 60-70% damage.....

This is why you see SF legends jumping around the screen left and right like morons. Rule #1 of being good at Street Fighter 2, 3, 4, Alpha, etc etc is do not fucking jump a lot, and when you do, make sure it is safe. That was thrown out the window in this game.

I read a really good post earlier this morning. SF4 was full-stream ahead, at an all-time high, when SFV came out. They killed it by cutting it off the Pro Tour and forcing people to play a game they knew would hardly pass as an alpha release. They would have been much better off using the SFV engine and releasing a Darkstalkers game. If it didn't go well, fix it before releasing SFV. If it goes great, then release SFV the following year.

Edit: Before we get any posts about "frame delay is very close to SF4 now!", it is apples to oranges due to the active frames, etc on the SFV move list. They would have to make major, time-consuming adjustments to get this on par with SF4, in terms of reactionary gameplay. I sure hope it eventually happens.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWA6lnBSgQw

This dude making SF5 watchable. Punk should be sponsored by Capcom for being one of two guys in the world making SF5 a watchable/fun viewing experience.