Closed Thread
Page 53 of 117 FirstFirst ... 3 43 51 52 53 54 55 63 103 ... LastLast
    A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

yeah i saw the dreamland post via twitter. didn't realize there was a 3-year stadium deal already done though, wow. are there any details on what that is supposed to entail? is it just the new home for the premiere CEO event in june?

Been Here Longer Than you
    BG Level

Yes, he signed a contract with the event space and at least 2 hotels, right after seeing the EVO reg final count last year. He is going to lose out his ass on that deal. I can't remember exact details, but I think it runs from 2018-2020? Not sure if it starts there in 2017 or not.

Ocean City Convention Center is where it is at, I believe.

Edit: Found some quotes-

"CEO 2017 is back at the Wyndham on June 16-18 next year with a refined and better experience than this year. More news on everything CEO 2017 early next year."
    "Also of note CEOtaku in October will remain at the Wyndham for the foreseeable future."
    "CEO 2018 and beyond will be moving to Daytona unless a better option pops up in Orlando somehow. After meeting with the people in Daytona I feel this will be a positive move in all directions for the future of CEO over the next 5 years."
    "Chairs alone for a weekend at the Orlando Convention Center could cost around $75,000. Insane I know." - (LOL)

Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by Weltall View Post
    This company sold a season pass of DLC like 5 months ago to people and STILL haven't revealed even the 3rd character in the god damned thing. They have had delays after delays. Now, they are releasing more Chun Li costumes to buy; she currently has 8, where other characters have 2-3. I don't know about you, but I don't even want any more news about their "next fighting" game, which btw, looks like a massive regression from the jump off. I am afraid people are going to be severely* disappointed about 3 weeks after Marvel Infinite is released.

Edit: Oh, and they just announced a new "Capcom Pro Tour Pass" of DLC. Yay, come and buy another season pass when we are still about 70% on delivering the last one! Anyone who buys this is something severely wrong with them.
    Oh, well I mean I know. I just like new info for new games to speculate and stuff about since beating a dead horse is kinda not fun.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Quote Originally Posted by Deejay View Post
    Just my final point:
    Tokido and Infiltration played Akuma two completely different ways and competed at an All-World level.

SFV just isn't conducive to that level of disparity between play styles. Every character is good at what they're good at, and that's about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I wont disagree, but 3S wasnt much better. Chun played like chun played like chun played like chun...

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Minerva Kissaki
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Guilty Gear Revelator is 15 bucks on psn for the ps4. I picked it up

who wants to get boddied >:D

Ze NinjaSYXX
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nitsuki Syxx
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Down lol

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

More importantly, a random shit post on r/kappa is currently #5 in r/all (and apparently was at 1 earlier)

Hay guyz, I was Shinebox but now I'm not!
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Don Katsu
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

I like how someone got 433 votes posting "Street Fighter V is Trash" lol

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

jwong just beat du at dreamhack austin

Maybe Justin actually going to do well again? I doubt it, honestly, probably more du in a rut than jwong being better than he normally is.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Don Katsu
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by Cjskater View Post
    jwong just beat du at dreamhack austin

Maybe Justin actually going to do well again? I doubt it, honestly, probably more du in a rut than jwong being better than he normally is.
    It's only up to the player so much. SFV doesn't provide players with the same level of control other fighters have. Xian said that exact same shit. Infiltration said there is quite a bit of luck involved and numerous players have expressed its very easy to lose in SFV.

There is little to no consistency with the game

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Don Katsu View Post
    It's only up to the player so much. SFV doesn't provide players with the same level of control other fighters have. Xian said that exact same shit. Infiltration said there is quite a bit of luck involved and numerous players have expressed its very easy to lose in SFV.

There is little to no consistency with the game
    idk, jwong was pretty consistent at not doing well

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Don Katsu
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by Cjskater View Post
    idk, jwong was pretty consistent at not doing well
    lmao

Straight Ca$h Homie
    BG Level

FYI: 0 Balrogs in top 16 Dreamhack

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

jesus christ, punk just ran through xian 3-0 in losers finals in about 30 seconds

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

lmao at that final punk v haitani round, such craziness
    https://clips.twitch.tv/OpenSassyWeaselSuperVinlin

Straight Ca$h Homie
    BG Level

two drops but it was a great set overall. this game is so nuts lol. if you can't rush you can't win.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Deejay View Post
    FYI: 0 Balrogs in top 16 Dreamhack
    Top 8 had 0 Balrogs, 0 Uriens, 0 Guiles. Top 16 added 1 Urien and 1 Guile.

Results simply do not support the claims of people like GamerBee who insist that the game is won and lost at the select screen.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Dan View Post
    Top 8 had 0 Balrogs, 0 Uriens, 0 Guiles. Top 16 added 1 Urien and 1 Guile.

Results simply do not support the claims of people like GamerBee who insist that the game is won and lost at the select screen.
    Not nitpicking or so but: Ibuki Cammy Necalli Karin and Zangief (to an extend) are all very viable characters in this meta: high dmg output, great corner carry and oki setups. Which basicly matches the bingo chart of Laura Guile Balrog and Urien (well Guile doesnt have great corner carry, but he is the only char that can effectively zone).

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I actually forgot to list Laura. 0 Lauras in top 32! so broken

If the complaint people are making is that you have to pick top tier to win, where "top tier" consists of 9 of the 24 available characters... I don't know what that's supposed to tell us.

Theory Fighter
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Frejan Schultz
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

As in SFIV, individual player skill is just more important than the character. Just look at Xian in season 1. But that doesn't excuse the fact that certain characters are too good for the meta. Balrog would have been perfect without the buffed TAP, in my opinion. Throw invulnerability and plus on hit, with combo potential and good damage is too much, just for foregoing two buttons for a few seconds (I think 6 is enough in order to be positive, but I'm having trouble finding the information now). Balrog is just an example, but in my opinion the most glaring one. He's not broken, of course. I am very cautious of using that word because that should go for the stupid, ban-worthy characters, like ST Gouki or Gill. But he's too good on the offense in a game where offense is the most important thing to have.

Closed Thread
Page 53 of 117 FirstFirst ... 3 43 51 52 53 54 55 63 103 ... LastLast