Closed Thread
Page 97 of 117 FirstFirst ... 47 87 95 96 97 98 99 107 ... LastLast
    Straight Ca$h Homie
    BG Level

Reality is good now because people don't know how to reflect them mid match. The good players are already doing it, which makes it seem like it will end up being a good strategy amongst mid tier players.

How far behind is SCR? I think MvCI was supposed to start like 40 minutes ago

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

It's like 2 hours behind schedule.

This game looks a little too crazy for my liking. Like it's lacking focus. Everyone is just doing shit, and there's so much shit on screen. So much clutter and chaos.

There is no neutral being played. Or maybe there is, but that shit lasts all for half a second before a billion shit fills up the screen and they're scrambling.

Been Here Longer Than you
    BG Level

It is early, but doesn't look like its going to change too much. People are just rushing down doing 50/50 because it seems to be the best option, by miles. It's like every single team is Mag/Storm/Psy and there isn't any Spiral/Strider or Cable options for diverse play style. I don't really mind, since I was a MSP player, but its kind of wack when every other player is too.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

For once, I agree with Welt. I've been saying for months that this game is going to be a test of blocking skill.

Of course, from my perspective as a zoner, it seems that people love games that are all about 50/50 rushdown, so I anticipate that this will be well-received. However, in all fairness, I thought MVC3 was also going to be 100% rushdown and I neglected to account for Capcom sneaking Morrigan in as a true top-tier zoner. I'm just not sure who is going to fill that role in this game; Arthur is much improved but he still gets blown up by teleports. So either the zoning is going to be accomplished by something I haven't yet seen, or by a DLC character (like Guile in SF5).

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

Depends on how the DLC characters shape up; I expect Black Widow to be similar to Gamora, and Winter Soldier I don't see how they could make him a zoner based on the character.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

'Not sure how I feel about all of these "swords and guns" characters being piled up in a game where you can literally draw from hundreds of unique characters in both franchises.

Marvel I can understand because stockholders and all that PR shit, but Capcom? Come on, guys. Do more than "swords and guns".

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

Captain Commando
    Asura
    John Talbain / any darkstalker character
    Leon Kennedy
    Ada Wong
    Muthafuckin Jack Baker
    Regina
    Power Stone Characters
    Rival School Charaters
    ANYONE from Breath of Fire.

C'mon Capcom. Have fun with the roster. Captain Commando surprises me the most, since, y'know, He is CAPCOM.

Edit: I would've liked Nero from DMC4; the Rev engine sword + extendable arm would've been fun.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Guitarman View Post
    Depends on how the DLC characters shape up; I expect Black Widow to be similar to Gamora, and Winter Soldier I don't see how they could make him a zoner based on the character.
    Winter Soldier could definitely be in the Chris/Punisher mold, depending on how much they want to emphasize his bionic arm. Venom - either MVC2 Venom (Eddie Brock) or the current Agent Venom (Flash Thompson) - should be a zoner. Sigma, Black Panther, Black Widow, and Monster Hunter will likely all be brawlers.

I'm not necessarily talking about this first set of DLC. I think it's not out of the question that Mr. Zoning himself may make an appearance, though he would need some rather significant tools to make up for the lack of his buddies.

If I screw up again Im gone forever.
    Secret Admin

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Its a goddamn crime that Talbain hasn't been in a Marvel game yet. I just don't understand it.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Chun Liroy View Post
    And that is only week 1. The haters that thought this game would be trash are going to be saying a lot about graphics and UI, because they aren't going to have much to say about gameplay.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

Quote Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
    Its a goddamn crime that Talbain hasn't been in a Marvel game yet. I just don't understand it.
    He's definitely my top wishlist character. Very unique with a fun playstyle. Plus, it's a damn werewolf with nun-chucks. What's not to love.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Dan View Post
    And that is only week 1. The haters that thought this game would be trash are going to be saying a lot about graphics and UI, because they aren't going to have much to say about gameplay.
    Are you still really this fkn retarded?

First of all, a lot of these guys have had the game for at least a month and have been labbing it up non stop. By today's standard, a month of labbing is the equivalent of years of arcade experience.

Second, and more importantly, we are almost 2 decades removed from the "save that shit for the nationals" era. Meaning in today's age of information sharing, twitter, youtube, etc., etc., what a game looks like in its first month is 99% of the time how the game is going to end up playing like for the rest of its life span. Games get broken into, techs get found out, strategies are shared instantly, glitches are immediately known.

But then again, you are the same delusional capcuck who thought SF5's gameplay would evolve beyond what it looked like DURING BETA.

Straight Ca$h Homie
    BG Level

It took a while before tag infinites became a thing in UMVC3. Point being, the game still looks like it's being played a lot differently than we envision it.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by JeanClaudVanDamme View Post
    First of all, a lot of these guys have had the game for at least a month and have been labbing it up non stop. By today's standard, a month of labbing is the equivalent of years of arcade experience.

Second, and more importantly, we are almost 2 decades removed from the "save that shit for the nationals" era. Meaning in today's age of information sharing, twitter, youtube, etc., etc., what a game looks like in its first month is 99% of the time how the game is going to end up playing like for the rest of its life span. Games get broken into, techs get found out, strategies are shared instantly, glitches are immediately known.
    Morridoom - the team that ChrisG used to dominate most of UMVC3's existence - was not used during vanilla MVC3 at all. Ultimate came out 9 months after vanilla. KBR's team was not crushing people in week one, month one, or year one. Chun Li, one of the key parts of this year's championship team, was not considered a competitive character. etc.

Listen, I know your thing here is to spout off BS and hope that it sounds plausible enough for people to think you know what you're talking about. Do not try to tell me about how Marvel works. You will get blown up.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

hell even usfiv evovled (devolved?) into elena at the end of its lifespan.

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Giving Capcom too much credit. Between this and SFV they've made it clear the only the only style they want is rushdown followed by more rushdown, and actively designed the games to limit any other playstyles. Nothing about SFVs overall playstyle has changed since day 1, and we likely won't see it here.

Been Here Longer Than you
    BG Level

According to the #'s, it looks like MVCI is going to be Capcom's biggest FG flop since Capcom Evolution Fighting released in 2004.