BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shiroe Blackrose
    FFXIV Server
    Diabolos
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Weltall View Post
    He could do a lot of damage off a single confirm, which very few characters had in that iteration of the game. He needed Super+Ultra to do it, but getting to that was easy. He was mostly considered broken because a lot of his wall setups were unblockables or near-unblockables. This was changed in Ultra and that's why, even when Xian picked him, you rarely ever saw him doing wall shenanigans ever again.
    Not necessarily. It was definitely one of those matchups where you needed to know his Oga setups for your character. If he was fishing for those (and there were obvious tells in most cases), it was a matter of blocking normally, not as a crossup. Definitely not a near-unblockable.

And yeah, him getting a ton of damage was easy because he didn't have a reason to burn bar until Ultra, when they made the swap on his HK and EX Gekiro. Even then, he was still good.

EDIT: The only period where he suffered was during Super, when he lost a lot of his BS from vanilla and didn't get his bread and butters until AE.

Quote Originally Posted by Jefe View Post
    It was really fucking boring lol
    It Was Really Fucking Boring: The Story and Life of SF5.

It must be karmic of the highest order that, in their pursuit of making the most E-sport fighting game, they ended up with a game that is easily the most boring SF to date. wew, what a hit with the player and the audience this fella is!

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Tekken 7 is over 1000 entrants for Evo

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Just posting here to say fuck Capcom and their stupid costume DLC in SF5. $4 for a single costume? You pile of garbage company holy fuck. I also had to give Steam $5 to fill up my wallet ($5 increments only) with enough to buy the DLC in the first place. I remember when they used to sell this shit in packs and it was actually worth the money. I mean yeah, I'm still a retard who spent $4 on a single Mika outfit, but I would buy more of this shit (on sale) had they sold it in packs instead.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Or Tekken where its all free.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Eh, there is paid costume stuff down the line for Tekken 7, and the metal outfits hidden behind the season pass. It's not *all* free

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Ah, I forgot about the metal outfits.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya

BG Level

Does it take forever to get costumes with fight money?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Final reg numbers per McRibs

SFV 2622
    Smash4 1515
    Melee 1435
    T7 1278
    Injustice2 883
    GG 827
    UMVC3 648
    BB 499
    KOF 375

2.6k for V is still higher numbers then IV ever saw at Evo, so as bad as the game may or may not be it hasn't killed the FGC yet.

Been Here Longer Than you
    BG Level

If SF4 ever had $250,000 or whatever the hell it is behind it, then it would have easily been above these numbers lol.

Edit: It is $600,000 this year lmao.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Money for tournies always goes up unless the entire venue is crumbling. League and Dota go up every year. CS2 goes up every year. Whenever more people watch, money goes up. Is what it is.

Rooting the fuck against Chris G this year. Love the dude's talent, but he's a fucking idiot.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya

BG Level

EVO 2017 - Where everyone is not playing SFV

If your aunt had balls she'd be your uncle.

EDIT: So since more money than ever, is the fgc is or isn't dying? What's the cool r/Kappa opinion of the day?

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Don't bother trying to reason with the mindless SF4 fanboys. They will always have an excuse.

The reason why Sm4sh and Melee each have ~1000 less entries than 2016 is probably also somehow SF5's fault.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

I do think this'll be the first EVO in awhile where I'm more interested in the up-and-coming games and tech demos than the actual main events. Between DBZ and what could be the Street Fighter EX: Non-SF Edition both being there, I'm actually wishing I was in Vegas this year.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Xno Kappa View Post
    Does it take forever to get costumes with fight money?

Sorry, bitched and then forgot to check in and see if anyone even read my bitching. You can't buy everything with FM, sadly. Basically every "DLC" costume that comes out you have to buy with real money. You can buy the first few costumes with FM (story and...battle?*) but the rest require real dosh. Its shit.

edit: *Even worse, it's just story you can buy with FM. I thought it was battle, as well, because I got the battle costumes with S2.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Krandor View Post
    Final reg numbers per McRibs

SFV 2622
    Smash4 1515
    Melee 1435
    T7 1278
    Injustice2 883
    GG 827
    UMVC3 648
    BB 499
    KOF 375

2.6k for V is still higher numbers then IV ever saw at Evo, so as bad as the game may or may not be it hasn't killed the FGC yet.
    I don't mind the bottom half having low numbers. I think we'll see higher quality matches this way instead of everyone signing up for cashgrabV.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

KOF is relegated to a Friday finals slot, Saturday will be GG, Injustice 2, and Melee in that order.

I greatly appreciate Melee getting put as the final slot for Saturday so I don't have to wait 4 hours for it to finish so I can watch real fighting games.

Edit : Sunday - uMvC3, BBCF, Tekken 7, Smash 4, SFV

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Yeah, it definitely makes Smash a lot less intolerable when they make it into a bookend. The ideal situation would be Melee as the last Saturday game and SSB4 as the first Sunday game.

Speaking of Melee, does Evo run Melee on CRTs? We still have a Melee scene locally (kind of adjacent to the FGC) and when I have tried to discuss HDMI Gamecubes with those guys it was basically like I wasn't even speaking at all... as if I was suggesting a way to use a SNES controller on a PS4 or something. It was complete and utter disinterest, due to the "ridiculous lag of HDTVs." I guess these are the type of guys who would have been happy playing SF4 and MVC3 on CRTs?

Ze NinjaSYXX
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nitsuki Syxx
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I don't fucking get why an old game like bbcf is getting the sunday slot over guilty gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Xno Kappa View Post
    If your aunt had balls she'd be your uncle.

EDIT: So since more money than ever, is the fgc is or isn't dying? What's the cool r/Kappa opinion of the day?

really, bro, really? are we really going there?

Yeah, let's forget the abysmal sales. let's forget the universally panned reviews. let's forget factual decline in numbers @ tournaments and stream viewership across the board. let's forget being universally mocked and hated by local scrubs and top players alike. let's forget the massive 50% drop off in EVO numbers. let's forget it got way less viewership @ topanga where it was FREE this year vs PAID viewership from the last year of USF4.

but hey, because sony keeps throwing money at it trying to keep it afloat, this surely means SF5 is a resounding success!

that's spiderdan level of autistic, willful, stupidity.