Closed Thread
Page 96 of 117 FirstFirst ... 46 86 94 95 96 97 98 106 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Krandor View Post
    Can a game have a bright future in esports if no one owns it?
    Oh fuck, yeah, you're right. That might be a problem lol.

Game definitely got a bad rep (deservedly so) for the bush league presentation. If infinite fails, I wouldn't even feel bad.

But the gameplay is legit. No shill bro, I keep it 10000000000.

If I screw up again Im gone forever.
    Secret Admin

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

That tends to always be the case in a games early life cycle unless the zoning is braindead strong I believe. It's easier to hit buttons when people don't know how to punish or what's safe or no. However I agree with the chip stuff. There's potential for infinite block strings but the most efficient zoning will be forcing them to block stuff by taking away angles and go in for the mix-ups not necessarily dorm or morrigan fireball chip as in 3.

Also one thing they got right is the online... Whoo is it silky smooth. The lobby system is fantastic and so is the replay system. I like everything about the game besides the aesthetic (including sounds) and proximity blocking nonsense. If they did a full HD graphical update in 2 months what would you guys have left to complain about?

I wouldn't complain but I would find it hilarious they updated a game graphically that they should have just put the effort in to begin with.

There's also a chance Capcom would charge since it would take away time from lazily making other products.

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

If they actually fixed the problems with the game then they'd deserve whatever success comes from doing so.

But you know they won't. They thought the game was fine to launch looking like it does, which says all we should need to know about how much Capcom actually cares.

Secret Admin

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

You guys don't think deadline pressure from Marvel/disney factored in to the game being released the way it was? Good gameplay, good mechanics, fantastic online. Now I don't know much about game development but I imagine character model and animation fine tuning is towards the end of the development cycle. I'm not saying that's the reason or that it's acceptable but that could be a factor as well.

And no they probably won't but who knows ultra update which brought radical system changes wasn't terribly long ago land supposedly a sfv overhaul is in the works as well. Who knows

Generally shit like that you fine-tune all the time, the problem as I see it is that they didn't give the artists a lot of time so they make basic ass models and textures and don't fiddle around with the shit that actually makes a character look good past 2004.

Been Here Longer Than you
    BG Level

They just outsourced the net code and next time, they should just outsource the whole damn thing. I’m not even sure if there will be a next time, considering how poorly it is selling. The game won’t last long in esports if hardly anyone owns the game to sell DLC to.

It’s also way, way too late to expect sales increases from a graphics update, post launch. You have two chances to make your foundation: pre-order and release week. It could look like baby Jesus dipped in gold and it won’t matter if it’s a month from now.

The 1P only rematch is really irritating. Who thought it was a good idea?

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura View Post
    I wouldn't complain but I would find it hilarious they updated a game graphically that they should have just put the effort in to begin with.

The development cycle for games over all now a days just sucks. They either put out a very unfinished game and update it over (a long period of) time, or take exceptionally long development cycle to produce a sub-par game. This problem could honestly be fixed if companies would pay hire on many many more developers and designers to split the workload, but of course game execs would rather games be created with the most barebones game teams to maximize profits. It's no longer the late 80s/early 90s and still game companies think they can run the ship the same way. It just sucks that with certain companies like Capcom the problem is glaringly obvious.

If all else fails, run everything as DLC after.

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Chun Liroy View Post
    You guys don't think deadline pressure from Marvel/disney factored in to the game being released the way it was? Good gameplay, good mechanics, fantastic online. Now I don't know much about game development but I imagine character model and animation fine tuning is towards the end of the development cycle. I'm not saying that's the reason or that it's acceptable but that could be a factor as well.

And no they probably won't but who knows ultra update which brought radical system changes wasn't terribly long ago land supposedly a sfv overhaul is in the works as well. Who knows
    Deadline pressure was very much the reason why this came out the way it is -- they wanted to make sure the game dropped just before their next line up of Marvel movies dropped (Black Panther, Thor: Ragnarok, Avengers: Infinity War, Captain Marvel). Also very obviously influenced their character choices and the reason why X-men and Fantastic Four IPs are no where to be seen. It's a shitty factor to be sure -- if they knew just how much fans loved their Mahvel, they should have simply given them what they wanted and not played politics.

However, I have a very good feeling that continued development of the game will be different than the one and done development of MvC3 and UMvC3. They'll be invested into this game via eSports for years to come. The large factor that will change this game up from being stagnant is them pulling the trigger on X-Men, Fantastic Four, and older Capcom IPs.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

The only incentive for Capcom to keep feeding the esports train is to generate hype for sales (DLC or otherwise). If no one is buying the game there's little reason for Capcom to keep it going.

Also, it's been shown time and again that Disney/Marvel will end relationships with companies if games sell poorly, and again, as initial results have shown this game is not doing well. Could very well see a repeat of 3 where Marvel pulls out and Capcom is then legally not allowed to patch their own product.

It's been brought up before, but the KoF14 comparison really isn't fair. SNK is a far, far smaller entity then the combined might of Capcom and Disney. Also while the game obviously had lackluster graphics, it had a unified aesthetically pleasing style buried under the poor graphic tech. MvCI has a lot of straight up BAD character designs (faces across the board, wherever the fuck Captain America's neck went, soulless eyes, etc) and a lot of the designs don't mesh at all, like different characters were designed by completely different teams then just haphazardly thrown into the game.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

KOF14 has amazing character models. Someone transplanted them into SFVs game engine and they didn't look like PS2 models.

Playing MvCI with friends and their chief complaints were all the typical complaints. Characters look off, roster is eh, UI looks weak. They loved playing it though.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

seems fairly normal in the industry to tend to rush things to launch and fix whatever you can later on, if at all. sucks when it happens to a franchise you love. and while i accept the inevitability of dlc, i almost never buy any these days unless a) the base game was a solid experience on its own, and b) the dlc is robust enough to warrant the extra cost. with fighters it's tough because to remain competitive you're required to get every character post launch, and they know this. i hope questionable launch rosters and poor sales make them rethink this practice to some degree, but honestly don't expect any change.

regardless, looking forward to more scr tonight, missed a lot of mahvel stream time yesterday.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by gaira View Post
    seems fairly normal in the industry to tend to rush things to launch and fix whatever you can later on, if at all.
    It's the standard because more often then not, it works. Releasing a broken/unfinished game in a favorable window will yield more profits then delaying it to actually get it right. Case in point, like every Ubisoft game of the last 4 or 5 years.

The video game industry on a whole is a humongous crap-shoot. Unless it's a guaranteed money making AAA bonanza (CoD, EA sports, whatever Blizzard spits out of their anus), most video games lose money. For the most part, fighting games have been on a pretty good roll the last few years of being profitable, but that also has a lot to do with them being substantially cheaper then most other genres. Now tho, we're likely looking at two consecutive big titles from the grand daddy of fighting games shit the bed. Whether this signals a problem for the rest of the fighting game industry, we'll see. Given all the praise from all sides DBFZ (and Tekken 7)has been recieving so far, I'd hope more likely it's just a sign of the other companies picking up the slack from Capcom and on a whole that things will be fine.

You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Krandor View Post
    It's been brought up before, but the KoF14 comparison really isn't fair. SNK is a far, far smaller entity then the combined might of Capcom and Disney. Also while the game obviously had lackluster graphics, it had a unified aesthetically pleasing style buried under the poor graphic tech. MvCI has a lot of straight up BAD character designs (faces across the board, wherever the fuck Captain America's neck went, soulless eyes, etc) and a lot of the designs don't mesh at all, like different characters were designed by completely different teams then just haphazardly thrown into the game.
    It was just a pointed response to Elcura's comment. Not gonna bash the game as I do love it, but it was a game that right out of the gate looked horrible graphically, and was put down by the communities on the outset. Even then, SNK quickly said their apologies and patched the game with a graphical update, something that Capcom simply has failed to do, despite being a larger entity.

Whoever allowed for this game's graphics quality to be green lighted should honestly be fired since it was a step back from (U)MvC3. The devs honestly could have just stuck with MT Framework and ported everything over, instead of mess with the Unreal Engine.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Sticking to an ancient engine isn't the best idea, Bethesda games for example have been absolutely feeling the effects of relying on the Gamebryo engine for far too long.

We've already seen more then enough evidence that Unreal Engine is perfectly fine for fighting games, as damn near every other major franchise is using it at this point (UE 3 for GG and Injustice, UE 4 for Tekken and DBFZ as well as Capcom's own SFV). I wouldn't blame the new engine as the problem here, especially since SFV is using and it's fair to assume there's a good amount of crossover between those two teams.

You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

This is fine then. The problem definitely them becomes the severe lack of development time and polish.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

still adjusting to combo breakers in marvel, not sure if i like it or not. the infinite prevention alone kinda covers this, but i guess the meter cost is fair.

Secret Admin

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

The matches of high level players is so good yesterday at scr from the matches I saw. This game is wide open at least currently as far as characters go. Unless it's Chris

Cake Mix

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

The main takeaway I took from yesterday really was Ultron and Reality stones. Reality stones really change how the game plays, and it's in a bad way. FUCK I hope that's not all we see forever. That'd suck.

Also so many Ultrons. So..so many.