Closed Thread
Page 63 of 117 FirstFirst ... 13 53 61 62 63 64 65 73 113 ... LastLast
    Been Here Longer Than you
    BG Level

Wow, Capcom knows they have degraded so far that they are paying their oldest rival to do the work for them:

https://pvplive.net/c/capcom-partner...utm_content=SF

You just got served THE CALLISTO SPECIAL
    SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Weltall View Post
    Your (INJ2) actual stream didn't lag or drop a single time for me. SFV, on the other hand, was a complete disaster. It was easily the worst SF tourney stream I've watched that I can remember.

INJ2 gameplay was just pretty ass.
    This was basically a coincidence, hotel network basically throttled our router mac addresses in what I think was an automated process. T7/Inj2/SFV Top 8s were all streamed on the exact same setup, just the venue internet happened to fuck up during SFV and not the others

THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shiroe Blackrose
    FFXIV Server
    Diabolos
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Krandor View Post
    watching Foreverking zone with Batman may have given me cancer.
    That was one of the few "Wow... This is really fucking wack" things I've seen out of INJ2 yet.

And what Calli said. The hotel internet issue was venue-wide.

Next Capcom should just pay Arcsys to make the next SF for them.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Wait, do people actually like Tekken's netcode? I've literally never heard anyone do anything but bitch about the netcode in any non-GGPO fighter ever, and even some of the GGPO fighters (3SOE).

Capcom Japan must really hate the Cannons (or, USA) if they would rather go to Bamco than use GGPO.

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Tekken 7 netcode is spectacular. In the weeks since release I can count the number of games with lag on a single hand.

You just got served THE CALLISTO SPECIAL
    SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

T7 netcode is considered great, it was their matchmaking that was busted on release

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Relevant: an interview from Harada on how Tekken approaches netcode/online play:

Katsuhiro Harada: Rather than "write a better netcode", what's truly important here is that the developer has to design the entire fighting game with the notion that it will eventually be played online.

For instance, imagine if the developer were to implement some moves in the fighting game that have a start-up animation of 1F (1/60th of a second in the case of recent Tekken games) after the player hits a button.

If a developer were to do that, then when the game is played online, you'd definitely run into latency issues where these moves would lag behind by numerous frames.

Famitsu: Well, yes, that's true. It takes time for the data to travel through the Internet pipes over a long distance.

Harada: And that's why 1-frame start-up moves would definitely be heavily affected by lag in online matches. This is a bit of an extreme example, but basically when a fighting game supports online play, what it means is that the game has to be designed with that premise in mind. [...]

Famitsu: So how does Tekken 7 solve these problems?

Harada: For instance when the player hits the punch button or perform other actions, we put in a brief buffer period between the button press and when the punch move or action actually starts happening on-screen, as a measure to reduce the perception of lag.

Subsequently, if there is lag online, what the game can do in theory is to skip over certain frames or parts of the move's animation. In other words, in order to keep the amount of time elapsed -- between when the player hits a button and when the move actually hits -- consistent, the game makes adjustments to the move animations accordingly.
    And hey, on a totally unrelated note, Tekken 7 averages over 7 frames of input lag. Certainly this has caused widespread internet outrage.

So is the secret to simply make moves slower to startup? Somehow I doubt this would be well-received if Capcom tried it.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

So are you just trying to be argumentative?

I mean obviously you are because apparently you need to white knight Capcom to feel good about yourself, but why ask questions if you're just going to ignore the answers?

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

You said the Tekken netcode was great.
    I then googled "tekken 7 netcode" and saw an article with Harada talking about how it works. In that article, Harada directly says that one of the keys to Tekken's netcode is to increase input lag... which is exactly the same strategy that Capcom tried with SF5, to extremely poor reviews. And for all the sturm und drang about SF5's input lag, I'm wondering why I've never heard anyone in this thread mention that TK7's input lag is actually EVEN WORSE.

So yes, this is another example of my "white knighting," where "white knighting" is defined as pointing out that people complaining about A Thing are happy to praise that same thing in other games.
    People complaining about 50/50 read-based gameplay while praising Tekken.
    People complaining about comeback mechanics while praising SF4.
    People complaining about nerfed zoning while praising 3S.

All of these things are valid points worthy of criticism! But at least have some consistency about it. It's ridiculously hypocritical to complain about SF5 being a laggy 50/50 fighter while offering unrestrained praise for TK7 which is worse on both counts.

You guys are busy praising games that still share these flaws. I prefer to praise games like ST and MVC2 that do not. I'm not saying that SF5 is good; I'm saying that these games you guys are trying to promote over SF5 are also bad. So if I'm going to play a bad game that I don't like, I might as well play the more popular one?

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I understand why Welt blocks you.

Been Here Longer Than you
    BG Level

I would advise doing the same. He has proven himself incompetent.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

He does it (or, claims to) so he can respond to my posts while plausibly claiming that he doesn't see my rebuttals. That's why you see him repeatedly playing the "oops I accidentally clicked reveal" and "I saw your response in a quote" card. It's the internet equivalent of shouting and then sticking your fingers in your ears.

But hey, if I have to be on the opposite side of the discussion from Welt and JCVD - two guys who transparently know nothing about any fighting game made before 2009 - I'm happy to do so. If you want to throw in your lot with them, be my guest.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya

BG Level

For the sake of playing devils advocate. What's wrong with his post?

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Xno Kappa View Post
    For the sake of playing devils advocate. What's wrong with his post?
    Sent you a PM, this thread doesn't need another essay filling up the page.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya

BG Level

Gotcha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I would like a copy of that PM.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Ze NinjaSYXX
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nitsuki Syxx
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

LOL

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

That's a perfectly fine answer, too.

When I claim someone else is wrong, I like to explain the logic I used to support that claim and submit it for other people to critique themselves. It seems like you do have the time to write the "essay" explaining the very complex and detailed reasons why my post is wrong, but you... don't want to take up valuable page space in this thread specifically about fighting games explaining why it's OK to praise a game for the exact same thing that you criticize another game for.

Oh, and instead of just PMing him your response, you had to make sure to post to this thread that you were PMing him a response (complete with excuse for why you didn't just post it here). Because if you didn't respond in the thread, people might think you had no actual answer.

Well played.