Ninja Ninja
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Noemi Rondain
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Tokido saw what he had to do and did it. Taunt combo in GF followed by a Raging Demon KO was guaranteed to rattle Punk and shake him for the rest of the set.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by JeanClaudVanDamme View Post
    it seems like the three best SF5 players are still millennials who grew up honing all their sf skills playing The Greatest SF(4) ever made. where are these SF2/Turbo OGs, GOD DAMNIT??!??!?!?!?!? SF5 is a return to OLD SCHOOL SF PURENESS, NO!?!??!
    As a courtesy to anyone else who didn't start following Street Fighter until 2009: Tokido is a former Evo ST champ who won his first Evo title in 2002.

That's not to say that SF2 players actually like or prefer SF5. Most of the ones I've talked to have a similar opinion of SF5 as they do SF3 and SF4 (i.e. inferior product).

---

Super disappointed by Punk imploding in the GF. Seems like he's basically a bully/frontrunner... not good at overcoming adversity.

I was screaming for him to go to character select after game 1 of the reset.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Dan View Post
    As a courtesy to anyone else who didn't start following Street Fighter until 2009: Tokido is a former Evo ST champ who won his first Evo title in 2002.

That's not to say that SF2 players actually like or prefer SF5. Most of the ones I've talked to have a similar opinion of SF5 as they do SF3 and SF4 (i.e. inferior product).

---

Super disappointed by Punk imploding in the GF. Seems like he's basically a bully/frontrunner... not good at overcoming adversity.

I was screaming for him to go to character select after game 1 of the reset.
    wanna be og yells at cloud. shut the fuck up.

Theory Fighter
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Frejan Schultz
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Thank you Tokido from protecting Evo from the USA dominance. Evo still Asian territory :D

On a more serious note, I'm super happy Tokido took it. Evo owed him a Street Fighter win, and he has worked his ass off get this one.

Straight Ca$h Homie
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by JeanClaudVanDamme View Post
    wanna be og yells at cloud. shut the fuck up.
    Disappointed. Expected more. You and Punk have more in common than you realize

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

it doesn't really count as a tokido raging demon KO without the stage pose though

Ninja Ninja
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Noemi Rondain
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

But yeah. I was thinking about the reveals and want to know what Capcom is fucking smoking.

Ark Sys: We're working on a DBZ fighting game that's basically AniMarvel vs. Capcom 2. Btw, here's the Future Trunks reveal. Also, just in case you cared, here's a Blazblue x Persona Arena x RWVBY x Uniel tag game that's pretty much what Capcom is pushing with Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite. Get Rekt.

Tekken: Here's mother fucking Geese Howard. Have fun yelling "Predictabo!" as you feed on your opponent's salt.

Capcom: Here's a giant idiot who thinks he's a fucking car. Get hype everyone!

Trying to hold off on ripping on any of MvC: I's beta builds, but I honestly don't believe that they changed anything with Chun no matter what Yipes says.

Ninja Ninja
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Noemi Rondain
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I didn't even think of this point, that's some quality amusement.

Straight Ca$h Homie
    BG Level

I also just noticed that there were 9 characters represented in top 8.

Say what you want, but at least Capcom has balancing somewhat figured out.

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Most games were fairly low on repeat characters in top 8 outside of Marvel and Melee (saw that half of the top 8 was Fox, tho it's not like I actually watched)

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Did Capcom (or more accurately, Marvel speaking through Capcom mouths) ever try to claim that X-Men aren't in the game because of low popularity? That seems too stupid to believe.

And yeah, I know about the whole "Function vs. Function Infinite" thing, but that's a different issue.

Straight Ca$h Homie
    BG Level

Pretty sure they said in an interview that the X-Men characters hadn't been in many movies recently despite Apocolypse releasing last summer

In the same interview (where they talked about functions) with a site where we're not allowed to link here (starts with a g), Combofiend said "We talked with Marvel very closely about their future roadmap, about what’s gonna be happening. Your modern Marvel fan, maybe they don’t even remember some of the X-Men characters, but they know some of the Guardians characters or Black Panther"

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

That's incredibly dumb.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

which is pretty much as directly as they're going to be able to say 'marvel isn't doing any x-men movies, so they're not letting us put them in the game'. yes, it's dumb as hell, but it's pretty clear capcom's hands are tied in that regard. there are a lot of rightful and deserved criticisms that can be directed at capcom, but the blame for marvel-side roster issues (and the flimsy excuses on offer for them) lies squarely with marvel/disney.

Been Here Longer Than you
    BG Level

Caught up a bit....

I agree with CjSkater, Punk is for certain the best SFV player still. He has won almost everything he entered, against almost the same top player base and came in 2nd at his very first EVO. I think it was so close that he got off his game and just couldn't get back on track. He will probably dominate Capcom Cup.

Regarding the reveals, holy shit every company killed it outside of Capcom. So...

1. Capcom teases big reveal at EVO from E3
    2. Capcom cancels their panel the day before EVO starts
    3. Every company brings massive hype except...
    4. Capcom reveals a character that leaked months ago and is literally the worst looking / least exciting character of all-time.

God damn are they an absolute disaster....

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I mean, "People really just want certain functions" is an inartfully worded way of saying, "Hey, we are not putting in Magneto or Storm, so we tried to put in substitutes with similar playstyles." That is an acceptable sentiment with poor wording.

But "We aren't putting in X-Men because people don't know who they are" is a terrible idea from conception. It's fundamentally a bad excuse. If you want to tell me that X-Men are not in your marketing strategy, fine; people understand IP jockeying even when they disagree with it. But don't try to give me some okeydoke about how newer Marvel fans probably don't know who Wolverine is. That's just insulting my intelligence.

Ninja Ninja
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Noemi Rondain
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Oh, for sure. I actually feel really bad for Combo right now when I comes to MvC: I's roster. The whole "functions" comment was him doing everything he could to avoid causing an even bigger shit show by saying the Disney is using their game as a marketing device.

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Dan View Post
    Did Capcom (or more accurately, Marvel speaking through Capcom mouths) ever try to claim that X-Men aren't in the game because of low popularity? That seems too stupid to believe.

And yeah, I know about the whole "Function vs. Function Infinite" thing, but that's a different issue.
    They did man... they did.

Closed Thread
Page 86 of 117 FirstFirst ... 36 76 84 85 86 87 88 96 ... LastLast