Closed Thread
Page 65 of 117 FirstFirst ... 15 55 63 64 65 66 67 75 115 ... LastLast
    Straight Ca$h Homie
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Dan View Post
    Chun and Ken can link supers on confirm on a ton of normals, so I'm not sure why "1-hit Super confirm" would impress anyone.
    A super hit confirm isn't impressive ding bat. A good hit confirm in neutral is. Daigo whiff punishing Dhalsim's Cr. HP into Super was impressive because it was spaced properly in neutral. Not because he cancelled 1 hit into Super.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Dan View Post
    That isn't even a read. That is straight-up "oh, I hit, free extra damage".... just like Mika and Balrog.
    What else is a HIT CONFIRM other than SEEING THAT YOU HIT and CONVERTING IT INTO MORE DAMAGE?

It's not 'just like Mika and Balrog' at all. Mika did not do this at all in neutral. Balrog mashing target combo happens on hit or on block. There is no confirming happening there. Just mashing buttons and making them safe with VT. Balrog, Chun Li, Bison, etc all just MASH SWEEP and cancel into VT and HOPE FOR THE BEST. That is not "confirming" At. All.

Why do I have to explain the difference to you?

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

sorry to distract from actual discussion BUT, if anyone's into raw denim, this is apparently happening:

personally kinda bummed this had to be a naked & famous collab, because they're the only label i won't buy due to their godawful patch design. still though, i'll reserve judgement until we see the actual product (but i fully expect it to be horrible).

Spoiler: show
    also -100 points for blowing into an SNES cartridge. did these people ever actually own an SNES?

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Deejay View Post
    A super hit confirm isn't impressive ding bat. A good hit confirm in neutral is.
    "1-hit super confirms" in neutral by Chun and Ken in 3S are not impressive at all because they can just link supers after they see a high-priority poke is successful. That's why you see endless repetitions of Ken poking with c.MP and Chun poking with c.MK; if the move hits, you link a super at the end. There is no read involved, and they have MANY other normals that lead to this outcome.

And why are you citing Daigo whiff punishing Dhalsim (so, obviously not 3S) as an example of impressive play? That kind of stuff is not necessary by 3S Ken. You can throw out a normal, see that it hits, wait until it ends, then tack on shippu. Seriously, what "1-hit super confirms" were you actually referring to? There's no need to risk a read on cancelling to super when you can just wait and link for the same result.

It's not 'just like Mika and Balrog' at all. Mika did not do this at all in neutral. Balrog mashing target combo happens on hit or on block. There is no confirming happening there. Just mashing buttons and making them safe with VT.
    S1 Mika was all about single-hit confirms off 5MP or clap in neutral.
    Balrog gets huge mileage from single hit confirming off s.HK (which is +7 on hit if you DIDN'T get straight up CCed) and he spams s.HK without VT all the time.

What point are you trying to make about 3S here... that Chun and Ken players win because of solid footsies? They win largely because anytime they have meter, stray hits immediately lead to supers; this is why their SA selection is incredibly rigid. If you are trying to cite an example of the sweet science in 3S, two of the most brain-dead juggernaut characters in the game are a bad choice. 3S Chun is one of the worst dumbest character designs in SF history: she was conspicuously broken (in completely uninteresting ways) from day 1 and almost singlehandedly caused the game to be stillborn in USA on release. You should never cite her as an example of anything positive or desirable.

Straight Ca$h Homie
    BG Level

Her being good is still grounded in playing solid footsies with the character. You don't just walk around like an idiot and scrub your way to wins playing footsies. You can't.

Mika being good is grounded in brain dead 50-50 mix up. Those two things inherently aren't the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Been Here Longer Than you
    BG Level

Mika being good is grounded in brain dead 50-50 mix up. Those two things inherently aren't the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Be careful! Callisto still doesn't see this!

Straight Ca$h Homie
    BG Level

lol, Mika is DUMB.

Also, did anyone see Punk shitting on Smug a couple nights ago? Dude was talking mad shit while Smug was on stream, and then proceeded to body him in GF at Wednesday Night Fights.

Smug looked a little tilted which is a first for a player like him. Punk basically toyed with him after being down 0-2 in LOSERS which was insane. And as much as I want to dislike Punk, it's about damn time the best player in a scene played and talked like he didn't give a fuck. I really hope he's able to reignite the hype and bad blood that's been missing fom this 09' hug boy generation.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Her being good is still grounded in playing solid footsies with the character. You don't just walk around like an idiot and scrub your way to wins playing footsies. You can't.

If you're trying to say that Mika is dumber and more broken than 3S Chun, 1) you're wrong and 2) this is not even a close comparison. 3S Chun is the very definition of walking around like an idiot and scrubbing your way to wins.

And as much as I want to dislike Punk, it's about damn time the best player in a scene played and talked like he didn't give a fuck. I really hope he's able to reignite the hype and bad blood that's been missing fom this 09' hug boy generation.

https://twitter.com/MrWiz/status/878341506444124160 WEW, tfw when SF5 is so trash, even FGC illuminati now realize they need to bring back The Greatest SF Ever Made to save EVO.

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

There's an article/interview up on the site that shall not be named (the one that starts with a G) and its.... bad.

The highlight is Combofiend saying that players don't actually care about Magneto being in the game, they just want a fast character with a triangle jump.

https://twitter.com/Alioune85/status/878315231440625665

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I can't even be mad at Combofiend since which characters make the roster is in Marvel's hands. Horrible excuse though but I'm sure he can't just say Marvel and Fox are still having a lover's quarrel so X-Men got fucked.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

They gave Captain Marvel lightning attack, 8-way airdash, flight, and boobs, so that's your Storm. Gotta start somewhere!

I won't lie, the retail roster for Capcom 3 vs. MCU is disappointing. I'm not really concerned that the roster is going to stay boring, but I am not yet acclimated to the ArcSys pay-extra-money-on-release-day-for-full-roster business model that appears to be the future of the FGC.

P.S. dunno why Combofiend is saying Nova is Magneto-substitute when it's clearly Ultron, yo

You just got served THE CALLISTO SPECIAL
    SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Weltall View Post
    Be careful! Callisto still doesn't see this!
    pssh the only reason I still main Mika is the game isn't fun enough for me to bother learning anyone else lol

BG Level

lol, Mika is DUMB.

Also, did anyone see Punk shitting on Smug a couple nights ago? Dude was talking mad shit while Smug was on stream, and then proceeded to body him in GF at Wednesday Night Fights.

Smug looked a little tilted which is a first for a player like him. Punk basically toyed with him after being down 0-2 in LOSERS which was insane. And as much as I want to dislike Punk, it's about damn time the best player in a scene played and talked like he didn't give a fuck. I really hope he's able to reignite the hype and bad blood that's been missing fom this 09' hug boy generation.
    As much as I want some NRS/MVC2-type bad blood in today's scene, Smug and Punk are like best friends IRL. They talk shit to each other all the time and then go to dinner together and stay at each other's houses etc lol.

Ze NinjaSYXX
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nitsuki Syxx
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

As much as I want some NRS/MVC2-type bad blood in today's scene, Smug and Punk are like best friends IRL. They talk shit to each other all the time and then go to dinner together and stay at each other's houses etc lol.
    The FGC is now like the WWE and every other wrestling franchise today. They're all hating on each other on stage, and creating heat, when the curtain drops, they give each other a hug as best friends, and talk about stealing the show.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Alot of NRS guys still genuinely dislike each other, everyone else has gone soft tho

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya

BG Level

Is Kbrad/Wolfkrone still a thing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

BG Level

Krone turned down all the travel only sponsors that wanted him so he doesn't make it to tourneys.

Conejita's Jolly
    Chaparrita's Dulce
    Trigger warning: Fuck your feelings.

BG Level

I caught the WNF Punk vs Smug match and turned off. It was really fucking boring lol, specially w/ that commentary. Punk is an excellent SFV player. As soon as he opens his trap doe, he sounds like a mentally retarded 20 year old. His cringy verbal 'smackdowns' are laughable; it's to be expected bc he's not an entertainer. Smug is another victim of this awful, awful game. They don't have interesting personalities, and lack the spectacle needed to make this godforsaken game fun to watch.

Straight Ca$h Homie
    BG Level

Whelp, back to the FFXIV

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

ffxiv is the sfv of mmos. fite me.