• Navigation
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Fuck It, I'm Goin Deep Fan Club President
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

2016-2017 NFL Week 11: Finally, an actual thread

So I'm actually awake to make a legit thread, seeing I know none of you tools will.

It's been a fun year, despite viewership being down. I've enjoyed football as usual, but it seems like the refs have been as bad as ever. Several coaches have advocated to make the refs full-time employees and I completely agree.

The NFL has it's yearly phenomena.

Annually good teams:

New England is 7-2 and there are not many games left on their schedule to lose: @SF, @NYJ, LA, BAL, @DEN, NYJ, @MIA...1, maybe 2 losses there. In other not surprising NE news, Gronk is hurt again.

Denver is 7-3 and coming into their bye week. Siemian looks like a game manager and nothing more, but with that defense it doesn't seem to matter. However, that defense doesn't look as good as last year. They're coming off a (basically) miracle win over the Saints and the week before that got stomped by Oakland. Tough remaining schedule however: Bye, KC, @JAX, @TEN, NE, KC, OAK. With that division being the best division in football, gonna be tough to come back and take the AFCW.

Seattle is 6-2-1 and for some reason I feel like they're not that great this year, despite their record. RWils was hurt earlier in the season and their O-Line is a disaster. The defense hasn't been as great as years past either. They're division is down big time this year, so they should coast to another division title: PHI, @TB, CAR, @GB, LA, ARI, @SF

The surprise good teams:

Tennessee is 5-5, which I know is not "Good." But in terms of recent history, that is fantastic for them. Their offense, with Mariota at the helm, looks fantastic. They have no really outstanding WR, but Delanie Walker is holding it down. The real strength is the run game. DeMarco looks like the runner we saw in Dallas and they're a real threat to take the AFC. The remaining schedule, however, could have other plans: @IND, @CHI, BYE, DEN, @KC, @JAX, HOU

Oakland is 7-2 and tied for the AFCW lead with KC, with DEN a half game back. Their O-line has been nothing short of fantastic. Because of this, the offense has been firing on all cylinders. They're coming off their bye and before that, beat a very good DEN team in the rejuvenated black hole. That place is going to be an extremely hard place to play the rest of the year. It sucks that they finally get good and are gonna move in a couple years. Tough schedule down the final stretch, but they've shown they're up to it: HOU(in Mx City), CAR, BUF, @KC, @SD, IND, @DEN

Dallas is 8-1. They are clearly the elite team in the NFC. That o-line is helping Dak tremendously. And Ezekiel Elliot has been amazing. It's not just a question at this point of who the RotY is, of those 2, but quite possibly who the MVP might be. That division is up this year and the Giants are only 2 back. The schedule lines up for a very nice finish and it looks like the NFC looks like its going to go through DALS: BAL, WSH, @MIN, @NYG, TB, DET, @PHI

Teams we thought were good:
    The AFCN (except Cleveland) is down as a whole. Ravens are 5-4, Steelers are 4-5, and Cincy is 3-5-1. What the hell is going on in that division. What a hot mess. Cincy has been a playoff team the last few years and people thought Pittsburgh was gonna be a good team. I have no idea who's going to come out of that shit pile.

Minnesota started so well, but they've dropped a few games in a row now. Slingin' Sammy doesn't look quite as good as he did to start the year. The run game is non-existent with Adrian Beatshisson on the IR. The passing game has 1.5 threats in Diggs+Rudolph. The defense, which seemed so good again to start the year, is not looking all that great anymore.
    http://i.makeagif.com/media/11-09-2015/Kvm4dq.gif
    Green Bay also looks awful in that division. The offense is down big time. AR12 doesn't look like himself. The running game has been dead with Lacy on IR. The defense is atrocious. That team appears to be in shambles and yet they're only a game out of the division.

Carolina is 3-6. The defense, a strong point for years, is down. The front 7 are still pretty good and they're the #1 run defense in the league. But they havent had consistent pressure on the QB. The DBs have been hot garbage, but it was a unit that was expected to be down. The offense hasn't been anything special this year either. And Cam has been getting destroyed by opposing defenses. Even in the pocket, its been well documented how he's getting hit a lot and not getting calls. Despite all this, a win tonight and they're only 2 back of the Falcons. That division is garbage again.

Arizona is 4-4-1 and lucky to be that. The offense is a disaster outside of David Johnson. Carson Palmer has been a dumpster fire. The defense, like Carolina in that it's been a strong point, hasn't looked great either. Theyre only half a game up on LA from being in 3rd, and yet theyre only 2 back of Seattle.

To the games!

Tonight:
    New Orleans @ Carolina (-3.5) Both teams need this game badly after disappointing seasons. A loss for either team, especially Carolina, and the season might be over.

Sunday 1:00s:
    Pittsburgh @ Cleveland (+8) Cleveland sucks. Badly. Hope none of you are up against Rapist, Le'veon, or Antonio in fantasy this week.

Baltimore @ Dallas (-7) We almost had a battle of super elite QBs with Joelite v. Romo, but alas, as mentioned above, Dak has been fantastic. I want to make a joke about next week is the DALS Super Bowl week, but they have a legit chance at the actual one. Sunday will be DALS first game of 3 in 12 days. Brutal 2 weeks for them.

Jacksonville @ Detroit (-6.5) Stat Padford against Junk-time Bortles. Except Bortles hasn't been his usual junk-time self. I don't really care about this game and think both teams suck.

Tennessee @ Indianapolis (-3) This is Tennessee's chance to really solidify their spot as a contender in the AFCS. Indy is down, like usual, now that they have teams to play that aren't trash.

Buffalo @ Cincinnati (-2.5) I feel like this will be a garbage game. I just dont care.

Tampa Bay @ Kansas City (-7.5) KC has been good again this year, quietly. They're tied for the lead in the AFCW. KC should be able to handle this game.

Chicago @ New York G (-7.5) A game the Giants should win, so of course they'll lose. I dont know who Cutty gonna throw to (besides the Giants defense) with Alshon suspended.

Arizona @ Minnesota (-2) Both teams have been awful as stated above, but one of them has to win, right? Unless they tie of course which has been a theme this year.

4:00s

Miami @ Los Angeles (+1.5) LA won again for the 2nd time this year despite not scoring a TD. It's also the start of the Goff show. How bad must he be if he wasn't better than Keenum for the first 10 weeks.

New England @ San Fransisco (+13) Really? Welp, another easy win for NE.

Philadelphia @ Seattle (-6.5) The Wentzening has been down a bit the past few weeks. Certainly not like he was at the beginning of the year. Will be a huge test for him.

SNF:

Green Bay @ Washington (-3) Washington is favored over GB. What is going on in this world...

MNF:

Houston @ Oakland (-5.5) This game is in Mexico City. Oakland has been hot this year. Look for them to continue this.

Cardiac Cat
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Airlea Ocelot
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

Cail, you suck.

Panthers run the table from here on out. Julio catches everything, including the aids, which causes the Falcons to go into a death spiral. The Panthers make the most unlikely of runs to make it to the playoffs where they cockblock the Cowgirls' super bowl dreams, again, landing them in a rematch against the Pats. Luke gets a cheap shot on Brady, and for the first time in his career, Tom just takes it like a pussy. Trump grabs him. Edelman takes over as the Pats get facerolled. Tolbert twerks as Cam dabs all the way to victory.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

I would prefer not to.
    Moms Spaghetti
    Philly Special

BG Level

uh, you're supposed to pick the games. how else am i supposed to know how to waste my money

make a new thread and do it right this time.

I'm almost as bad as Mazmaz
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Cail View Post
    I dont know who Cutty gonna throw to (besides the Giants defense) with Alshon suspended.
    Zach Miller

BG Level

Also, I hope tennesese beat indy and win that division. I've been quietly cheering them on since all their impressive draft moves

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Quote Originally Posted by Gadritan View Post
    Cail, you suck.

Panthers run the table from here on out. Julio catches everything, including the aids, which causes the Falcons to go into a death spiral. The Panthers make the most unlikely of runs to make it to the playoffs where they cockblock the Cowgirls' super bowl dreams, again, landing them in a rematch against the Pats. Luke gets a cheap shot on Brady, and for the first time in his career, Tom just takes it like a pussy. Trump grabs him. Edelman takes over as the Pats get facerolled. Tolbert twerks as Cam dabs all the way to victory.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
    I would not complain about that

BG Level

Ya'll gonna be disappointed when fat stafford wins the superbowl

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Saints color rush looks nice. Panthers is basically what they wear anyways