FFXI Server
    Fenrir

nuclear please, c'mon Joe

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

If we're that committed to solar we need to Dinosaurus up Las Vegas, it's the only way.

IMPERIAL CONCUBINE OF ME
    Coolest Monkey In The Jungle

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Roranora View Post
    nuclear please, c'mon Joe

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Krandor View Post
    If we're that committed to solar we need to Dinosaurus up Las Vegas, it's the only way.
    Igotthatreference.gif

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Fuck It, I'm Goin Deep Fan Club President
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

https://www.washingtonpost.com/clima...bay-gold-mine/

The Environmental Protection Agency said Thursday that it would restore protections for Alaska’s Bristol Bay, blocking the construction of a massive and controversial gold mine near the world’s largest sockeye salmon run.

The policy shift, indicated in a court filing Thursday in response to a lawsuit filed by the mine’s opponents, deals a serious blow to a project that has been in the works for more than a decade and would have transformed southwest Alaska’s landscape.

Pebble Limited Partnership, the U.S. subsidiary of Canada’s Northern Dynasty Minerals, argued that its proposed mine had the potential to be one of the most important metal-producing projects of the 21st century.

But a coalition of Alaska Natives, environmentalists, fishing operators and recreational anglers — including some prominent Republicans such as Donald Trump Jr. — countered that it was too risky to start a hard-rock mine at the headwaters of a fishery teeming with sockeye, coho, chum and pink salmon that has provided generations with a vital food source and lured fishing enthusiasts from around the globe.

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

Trump Jr is a prominent Republican?

I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    BG Level

Massive win for Illinois nuclear today

https://twitter.com/Madi_Czerwinski/...00607741444104

The Byron and Dresden nuclear power plants combined produce as much electricity as 1/4th of all solar panels in the US today.

BG Level

come on feel the Illinoise

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Fuck, we did something right? As a resident I find this hard to believe.

Go us!

Electric Six groupie
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jayne Barsala
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia

Not just a bailout, either.

From the Tribune article:

The measure aims to put Illinois on a path to 100% carbon-free energy by 2050, with coal, oil and natural gas-fired power plants scheduled to close over the coming decades. It also seeks to boosts the development of wind and solar energy across the state, put more electric vehicles on the road, and make it easier for Black and Latino workers and businesses to enter the renewable energy industry.

BG's #1 Hatsune Miku fan!
    BG Level

The U.S. just had its hottest summer on record
    This summer beat the record set by the Dust Bowl summer of 1936, when huge parts of the West and the Great Plains were parched by severe drought.
    NOAA's report spans "meteorological summer," which covers June, July and August. During that time, 18.4 percent of the country experienced record-high temperatures, including five states — California, Idaho, Nevada, Oregon and Utah — that had their warmest summers in recorded history, according to the agency.

"Sixteen additional states had a top-five warmest summer on record. No state ranked below average for the summer season," NOAA officials wrote in the climate report.
    https://www.nbcnews.com/science/envi...ecord-rcna1957

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Drai Draken
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Love this channel.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Litz Zatsuza
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

If you live near a freshwater river or lake, odds are good that you have seen warning signs about harmful algal and bacterial blooms posted on its shores. Alarmingly, a new study reports that these blooms may be early indicators of an ongoing ecological disaster, caused by humans, that eerily parallels the worst extinction event in Earth’s history.
    Not only do microbial blooms transform freshwater habitats into “dead zones” that can choke out other species, thereby increasing the severity of extinction events, they can also delay the recovery of ecosystems by millions of years, the team noted.

Mays and his colleagues reached this troubling conclusion by analyzing fossil records near Sydney, Australia, that were laid down before, during, and after the end-Permian extinction.

Though the exact mechanisms behind the Great Dying are a matter of debate, it was driven in part by an intense bout of volcanic eruptions that sparked a dramatic uptick in global temperatures and greenhouse gases emissions. Wildfires, droughts, and other disruptions swept across the woodlands, causing a collapse of plant life and widespread deforestation.

The sudden loss of forests, which act as a sink for carbon, created a noticeable “coal gap” during the end-Permian that exposes this long-term interruption in carbon sequestration. Nutrients and soils that had once been metabolized by these botanical ecosystems instead seeped into nearby freshwater habitats, bolstering microbial blooms that were already thriving as a result of higher temperature and atmospheric carbon.

These microbial communities are an integral part of freshwater ecosystems worldwide, but the effects of human-driven climate change—including wildfires, deforestation, soil loss, and drought—are driving a new bloom boom.
    https://www.vice.com/en/article/bvzq...scientists-say

BG's #1 Hatsune Miku fan!
    BG Level

Ivory-billed woodpecker, more than 20 other species declared extinct by U.S. government
    https://www.nbcnews.com/science/envi...nct-u-n1280314

(Maybe)

Fuck It, I'm Goin Deep Fan Club President
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

BG Level

BG Level

remember that time Germany shut down 11 of its 17 reactors and is in the process of shutting down the other six by the end of 2022

epic gamer move Deutschland

BG Level

it was pretty funny when the largest energy importer in the world in the E.U. decided to gut the industry that provided half of its no-carbon electricity

BG Level

at least France keeps it fuckin real

7th largest economy in the world, 70% of its energy needs met by nuclear, lowest carbon emissions per capita of any OECD country.

BG Level

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag