+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Where to stay in Chicago?     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Where to stay in Chicago?

Like title says, where do I stay in Chicago? I'm taking the gf to see Hamilton in early March, and was wondering where I should be looking at airbnb or hotels online. While were at it, a nice restaurant or two would be awesome, thanks!

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

I stayed at the Hyatt Centric in the loop in October. Its a great hotel and It's next to the theater and hella convenient to errythang including blue and red line

How long are you going for?

Here's some restaurants that will blow your fucking mind fam:
    Cochon Volant
    Au Cheval
    The Little Goat
    The chicken shop at soho house
    Sable

Au Cheval rated best burger in the U.S. not to long ago, Kuma's corner is supposed to have some pretty good ones but Au Cheval beats them out of the water imo (expect a 1-2 hour wait at au cheval though they'll nab your number)

In terms of Pizza go to Lou Malnatis and Pequods all other ones are trash imo. I REALLY DONT KNOW HOW PEOPLE GO CRAZY FOR GIORDANOS

Little Goat is a solid restaurant

If you're looking for a barcade, headquarters is nice as is emporium. Headquarters games are free Emporium you have to pay

The Anti Miz

BG Level

Here are other hotels I have stayed at that are good and convenient for your needs:

Renaissance Chicago Downtown
    Hilton Palmer House
    Allerton
    Omni

If you are just looking for a neighborhood recommendation: Mag Mile, River North, The Loop, Gold Coast, Streeterville are all convenient to a lot of shit and either an easy walk or a super short cab ride from PrivateBank Theater.

The Optimistic Asshole
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

Last time I stayed, it was at the Blackstone. It's literally right across from Grant. Can walk to Field, Shedd, Fine Arts, Mag mile shopping, Navy Pier, architecture tour, etc. we even walked to a Lou Mal's.

Kevin Chang
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I stayed at The James last I was there, enjoyed it very much

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Great great suggestions everyone, thank you so much. We just booked the tickets which was the really the biggest decision, so now we're just going down this list and checking out all the accommodations. Thanks again.

Oh, we're going for 5-6 days. Looking like Tues-Sun since those are most inexpensive flight days for the week.

The Anti Miz

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Salodin View Post
    Great great suggestions everyone, thank you so much. We just booked the tickets which was the really the biggest decision, so now we're just going down this list and checking out all the accommodations. Thanks again.

Oh, we're going for 5-6 days. Looking like Tues-Sun since those are most inexpensive flight days for the week.
    bruh i will hook you with the sickest itinerary of things to do. fuck i love Chicago

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Please sir, can I has it? We we're thinking of at least going to Wrigley and seeing if we can get tickets on game day, and if not just eating at a place nearby and watching the game. Silly stuff like that. Those restaurants looked great, def doing one of those after the show.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

kuma's is fantastic for burgers, and at least when i went there (on a thursday night in late september) there was no wait. reasonably priced too, i covered food and drinks for 3 and i think it came to $100 with a generous tip.

i only had lou malnati's and giordano's while i was in town, i liked both a great deal but they're also kinda different styles. giordano's is an ultra-rich stuffed pie, where lou's is closer to the style of what uno's makes (but vastly better).

for accommodations, we did an airbnb near humboldt park which was huge, cheap, and in a pretty nice neighborhood, but it wasn't super close to the downtown/touristy areas so probably not what you're looking for.

Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Portillo's, Blackbird, The Publican, Lou Malnati's. All the other recommendations in here are perfect too. If it's March, gonna be cold as fuck still.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

I approve of Tyche's suggestion in particular, and the restaurants listed in general. Definitely Lou's if you haven't been before, good stuff.

The Blackstone is right around the corner for Buddy Guy's Legends too, like a block away. I've just been for drinks and blues, but the food gets good reviews as well. Check their calendar as your visit gets closer, see who's playing that week.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Bump.

Looking for fancy restaurant to go to while we're there. Fine dining as in the nicest restaurant we'll visit all week. Np spending money on the meal.

The Anti Miz

BG Level

Bump.

Looking for fancy restaurant to go to while we're there. Fine dining as in the nicest restaurant we'll visit all week. Np spending money on the meal.
    this is probably a longshot but Alinea is Trip Advisor's #1 restaurant in the country just about every year https://www.alinearestaurant.com/

I've never been. Make me proud

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Man, I'm not saying I'm against dropping $600 for the most amazing dinner of my life, I'm saying to do it on a tasting menu idk...I was saving that for sushi from Jiro. I showed the gf, she was less then excited. She commented "How about a steak?" She never says that so I take it to mean it's a no on the #1 spot T_T.

Tekki's Bitch

BG Level

Man, I'm not saying I'm against dropping $600 for the most amazing dinner of my life, I'm saying to do it on a tasting menu idk...I was saving that for sushi from Jiro. I showed the gf, she was less then excited. She commented "How about a steak?" She never says that so I take it to mean it's a no on the #1 spot T_T.
    that's obscene man, I had the best food of my entire life in copenhagen. The tasting menu was only like 60-70$ and I had free drinks thrown at me and got invited to waitress' birthday that night.
    http://www.restaurant-koefoed.dk/

Even with the plane ticket it's cheaper considering u can do LAX/Copenhagen for like 300 roundtrip. CHI CITY IS SUCK CITY

The Anti Miz

BG Level

http://www.cochonvolantchicago.com/

Cochon Volant is a fantastic french restaurant right next to the theater you're going to. Check it out

Speaks in riddles
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Reyd Nalaar
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Draenor

Check out Chicago Pizza and Oven Grinder Company
    http://chicagopizzaandovengrinder.com/menu/
    2121 N Clark St, Chicago, IL 60614

There's only been 1 in Chicago for as long as I can remember, they're finally opening up a second restaurant. No reservations, wait can be pretty insane sometimes depending on the day but the Pizza pot pies are insane. Get the flatbread for appetizer.

If you need a place to stay hit me up, lol.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

I'll def check out the pizza. I think we're doing cochon for our nice night out. Any places we need to visit at night? Or bar/club that's a must see?

The Anti Miz

BG Level

Where to stay in Chicago?

I'll def check out the pizza. I think we're doing cochon for our nice night out. Any places we need to visit at night? Or bar/club that's a must see?
    The Signature Lounge is worth a visit. It's on the 96th floor of the Hancock building. Drinks and food are pricey but it's a great before or after dinner spot. Amazing views in every direction.

There's also a cool bar on the top floor of the Wit hotel.

Three Dots and a Dash is a chill and fun bar as well.