1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 5 hours, 27 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 18 hours, 32 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 22 hours, 27 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 11 hours, 32 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Is is that hard to accept that 1.0 was shit and it was nuked because nobody wanted to play it? All those "cool" ideas were never part of the game to begin with despite being promotional material before launch. You guys keep going on and on about Yoshida "not delivering" on some promises yet Tanaka seems to get a pass on all those things he said would be in the game but weren't.
    Yes, I do remember all that stuff but it was just that... stuff. Empty promises that were never included. And don't give me the "he didn't have time!" excuse, that shit should've been there at launch or at least the very first patch... you do remember that right? Three months for 3 NMs. Yet it's ARR the game with "no content", go figure lol.
    Maybe you didn't mind the EXP gate either right? Because it was Tanaka's baby?

XI was, and will always be, better.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    The Patriarch
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

FFXIv needs merits

And colibris

Brown Recluse
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by Patriarch View Post
    FFXIv needs merits

And colibris
    And samurai

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Patriarch View Post
    FFXIv needs merits

And colibris
    don't even joke about that. DON'T EVEN.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

XIV already has Colibri's. Clearly we need to follow suit and have battle fields locked by grinding senseless merit points and job points and call it content.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

And 72 hour nms locked to one 24 man fc.

also don't fix ffxiv's alliance forming function for 2 years after said nms are introduced.

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Alkar View Post
    Is is that hard to accept that 1.0 was shit and it was nuked because nobody wanted to play it? All those "cool" ideas were never part of the game to begin with despite being promotional material before launch. You guys keep going on and on about Yoshida "not delivering" on some promises yet Tanaka seems to get a pass on all those things he said would be in the game but weren't.
    Yes, I do remember all that stuff but it was just that... stuff. Empty promises that were never included. And don't give me the "he didn't have time!" excuse, that shit should've been there at launch or at least the very first patch... you do remember that right? Three months for 3 NMs. Yet it's ARR the game with "no content", go figure lol.
    Maybe you didn't mind the EXP gate either right? Because it was Tanaka's baby?
    The maddest. Also 100% true, lol.

Yoshi-P gets absolutely shat on, but he's doing way more for ARR/HW/SB than Tanaka did for XI & 1.0. Granted, some additions and subtractions are questionable, he's still pushing for more. I know you people remember waiting 2-4 months for a shitty update in XI, haha. Ironically, even if it takes a lot of time, Yoshi-P comes through on most of the promises he makes.

Cardiac Cat
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Airlea Ocelot
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

I was one of the first 50 ARMs in 1.0. Partly because there was literally nothing to do but craft. It was a beautiful but absolutely fucking empty game. I stuck with it and dumped more hours into it than I care to admit. There was so little progress it's a joke. Hence why it was eventually nuked. I came back during heavansward, but never really enjoyed the game again.

Yoshida has done an extremely good job considering the dumpster fire he took over imo. He's made a lot of mistakes, but I'm not sure anyone else could have kept it going this long.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Alkar View Post
    Tanaka's XIV was a great idea that was executed with the competence of a drunken homeless man.
    Yoshida's XIV is a uninspiring, cookiecutter idea executed with flawless precision.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Shenrien View Post
    XIV already has Colibri's. Clearly we need to follow suit and have battle fields locked by grinding senseless merit points and job points and call it content.
    Meriting was definitely mindless and unfun. But since you were forced to group in XI, it was occasionally made extremely fun by the people you grouped with. No such luck in XIV with its lack of server community and overworld content. I can't even be entertained while I grind my FATEs for xp unless people start shouting random funny shit.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Plus there's no time to really chat in the middle of fighting.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Harold Saxon
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Dan View Post
    Tanaka's XIV was a great idea that was executed with the competence of a drunken homeless man.
    Yoshida's XIV is a uninspiring, cookiecutter idea executed with flawless precision.
    Don't forget that it takes him a year or so to react to changes, and the complete lack of content that is engaging. Oh, and his lack of testing.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

I will say that maybe 90% of my groups are just sad and quiet. it's eerie beating an entire dungeon without anything except maybe a "grats" or "gg" at the very end. but then you get those rare parties with people who actually talk and it can be a lot of fun. I miss that and wish it would happen more often. the community in XIV is nice and all, but way too quiet.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

talking is fine, but people who stop to talk frequently make things go notably slower

built in vcom would make this a non issue, but until then I won't be won over by making an already grindy objective take longer

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

hard enough to get people on to third party voip, dont think most would use an in game one either even if they dont have to install anything

"if they hear my voice theyll know who i am ;;"

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

You can't be a kawaii waifu catface spamming douche nozzle with your voice. Unless you're that guy who meows in voip, about as close you can ever get.

i actually cannot talk coherently at all irl. even listening to others takes more concentration for me than simply reading words, and since words dont "linger around" after being said, if i miss a word or two suddenly i have no clue what a person just said.

granted i tend to ramble when i type, but at least its (usually) understandable. ;;

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Shenrien View Post
    You can't be a kawaii waifu catface spamming douche nozzle with your voice. Unless you're that guy who meows in voip, about as close you can ever get.
    Just wanted to confirm, do I "meow" or do it the JP way "nyaa~" ? lol

Sounds kinda fun, not that I do it.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
    Just wanted to confirm, do I "meow" or do it the JP way "nyaa~" ? lol

Sounds kinda fun, not that I do it.
    I do both at random times to distract the tank on BS content runs lol.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Harold Saxon
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Yuri-G View Post
    I will say that maybe 90% of my groups are just sad and quiet. it's eerie beating an entire dungeon without anything except maybe a "grats" or "gg" at the very end. but then you get those rare parties with people who actually talk and it can be a lot of fun. I miss that and wish it would happen more often. the community in XIV is nice and all, but way too quiet.
    Voice chat + playing > Text chat + playing. I won't waste time text chatting in a group unless its absolutely necessary.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast