1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 21 hours, 37 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 2 hours, 22 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 14 hours, 37 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 19 hours, 22 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

y'all having these deep intense legitimate debates and I'm just sitting over here in my corner like "QUEUE WITH FUCKING COMPANION OUT BITCHES WHAT WHAT"

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Raiding gear needs some much needed overhauling. Make it clearly better, 20ilvls higher than the weekly stuff. Giving us some sort of set effect so there is a reason to wear the full set rather mix matching pieces for min-maxing.

Tank -
    2 Armor pieces 1 Accessory - Set Effect +20 Vitality +20 Strength +15 Accuracy
    4 Armor piece, 3 Accessory - Set Effect +25 Crit +25 Det Skill Speed +25 - Occasionally increases the potency of any third combo's potency by 100
    5 Armor piece, 6 Accessory - Set Effect Damage Reduction 5%, Hp, Mp, Tp regeneration tic rates doubled while in combat.
    Weapon, 5 Armor piece, 6 Accessory - Set Effect, Weapon Mastery - Weapon Damage is enhanced by +5 When you crit there is a 10% chance your attack will spend 0 TP/MP

PUP Power!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Set bonuses would be a great addition IMHO

edit: They already had this with GC gear too

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

The game can handle and support quite a bit, yoshida sadly says he don't want to do it since it would be "confusing" or "complex" - yeah XI wasn't 100% clear what some shit did on gear (like activating latents) but XIV 1.x wasn't that unclear using the same system because it had far less restrictions comparatively.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

But what Yoshida wants to avoid what WoW is having where if I get a i880 piece as a firemage where its Intellect, Haste (Spell Speed), and Versatility (Det) I'm throwing it in the garbage because I currently have a Crit and Master piece thats sitting at i850 that does me waaaay better.

Where as with FFXIV you don't have issues that drastic because the secondaries aren't weighted as much. Either they're using crafted 250 pieces or using the VA pieces if somehow both 270 pieces are that bad. Though a third i270 set would probably fix 99% of the problems with some classes getting shafted.

Set bonuses on gear probably won't become a thing thanks to a combination of Yoshida doesn't want last tier's gear being more desirable than the current tier due to some unseen affect. Not to mention as you get items from the next raid tier you're basically losing out on the bonus and overall DPS if you go for the upgrade.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

So they could add gradually stronger set effects.

Take the first set effect of VIT STR Acc.
    First raid tier it would start +5/+5/+5
    Second raid tier set would have +10/+10/+10
    last raid tier set would have +20/+20/+15

Sure it's boring and you know what to expect but at least it would null that effect of holding onto older sets because the bonus was greater or whatever.

Set effects could be achieved in different ways not directly tied to gear. Like, give each character 5 slots they can equip an earned passive/trait, with of-a-kind types contributing to a set bonus. How one acquires these can pretty much be dispersed throughout all content, likely even directly tied to achievements. That way, even when new tiers do pop up and you start breaking sets, you're technically not since they're not linked to the gear.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

the simple solution would be to just abolish the poopshit of ilvl gear and introduce more secondary stats and strenghthen secondary stats. I really hate ilvl gear. obviously you need to do that with a total revamp of the cross class system giving players free reign over everything, fixing the macro system to allow gearswaps for abilitys and reduce the latency of poopshit macro. oh wait they had that allready in FFXI!!! They could take an example on that in terms of gear progression and variety (in terms of gear and jobs). . .

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Not being able to let go for your mmo virginity taking game in 2016 LUL

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

That's how I feel about Anarchy Online. I've caught myself watching lets plays of it.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I just want them to spread out the top lvl gear among a variety of content instead of shoving it into 4 boss fights. The fact certain events cap out at a lower ilvl kinda just kills the desire to do it at all. Obviously, this would require a revamp of the formula we've had since 2.0.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I don't think FFXIV can make gear as remotely exciting as FFXI does. And I think trying to chase what WoW is doing with legendaries is a bad design.

You can't swap gear in battle so Horizontal progress is merely a dream. Raid sets are likely to be avoided because when a new ilv tier releases they want you to get excited about drops and shit. Remember all the set bonuses are linked to old content shit.

The most we'll see is maybe longer time between ilv jumps and a third set of max ilv gear.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

XIV could be a really great game if certain core concepts were changed completely. Namely, the battle system and itemization. I can live with Duty Finder and the state of the community because it's as good as you personally make it. It's also really great (honestly) that they appear to have finally hired some people who can actually code and are addressing and implementing things they said were "impossible" before, but this is the same road we've been down a million times. It's been said a million different ways, and yet the devs and white knights apparently still don't understand: if the core concepts don't get changed for the better, the game is still not going to be very good or very satisfying to many gamers.

Great graphics, music and side content only get this game so far. But when you boil the game down to its simplest concepts, it's about battling monsters and acquiring gear. If there isn't a fun battle system and gear that is worth working towards, if the BASICS of the game are bad, it's not going to last very long. The dev team should have focused on and fixed these two things long ago, but they stubbornly stick to their guns because "balance".

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Shenrien View Post
    Not being able to let go for your mmo virginity taking game in 2016 LUL
    Not being able to see when a gear/job concept is great in variety and design is LUL too

At this point I feel like most new topics could be covered by that member berry XI picture. After a few pages it naturally turns out that way lol

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Harold Saxon
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

MFW someone claims the Diadem was new and original content:

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by haroldsaxon View Post
    MFW someone claims the Diadem was new and original content:

Yep. I wonder if that "dramatically overhauled" update to diadem is just separating DoL/DoM(W) and forcing you to clear all objectives before you can actually get nice stuff. I mean sure you should want to clear objectives, but the fact it's now tied to rewards beyond tomes kinda leads me to believe it's forced now, since they don't make changes in XIV in terms of supplementing, something either has to go or be changed.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nmtd Natlhom
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl

Quote Originally Posted by Fiye View Post
    I don't think FFXIV can make gear as remotely exciting as FFXI does. And I think trying to chase what WoW is doing with legendaries is a bad design.

You can't swap gear in battle so Horizontal progress is merely a dream. Raid sets are likely to be avoided because when a new ilv tier releases they want you to get excited about drops and shit. Remember all the set bonuses are linked to old content shit.

The most we'll see is maybe longer time between ilv jumps and a third set of max ilv gear.
    They absolutely can make it interesting if they want to. The problem is they don't want to.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I've been unsubbed since October. Yoshida has, can, and will do whatever he wants to do. But it wont be with my money.

Brown Recluse
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

I've been barely playing for a year, so the game is still new to me, but I'm wondering what other mmo games are as good or better?