+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Tennessee is burning     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

It's usually far more innocent, like failing to completely smother campfire remnants. That's what's happened here, and it's still generally felony arson.

Repeatedly throwing matches? Jesus Christ, I'd like to go Bear Jew on these kids.

Think what annoys me more is the people seemingly didn't try to take the matches from them.

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

so they were 17 and 15? they got to fry that 17 year old, fam.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Yeah try them both as adults and let them get buttfucked for 20 or so years.

Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by SathFenrir View Post
    Yeah try them both as adults and let them get buttfucked for 20 or so years.
    Just shoot them, I'd rather not waste my tax dollars keeping these fucking Darwin Award winners alive.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Bear Jew is even cheaper than firing squad.

Let's be real, we're going to waste beaucoup resources. The rebuilding alone will cost more than a lifetime of prison or appeals ever could.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by arus2001 View Post
    Think what annoys me more is the people seemingly didn't try to take the matches from them.
    This is fair too. I'd like to think I'd engage the individuals if I ever saw such sabotage.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Roranora View Post
    This is fair too. I'd like to think I'd engage the individuals if I ever saw such sabotage.
    #1 There's no expectation that the hikers could've stopped the kids, even using force. That's nonsense.

#2 We have no knowledge of who the hikers were or what the kids were like aside from fucking stupid and apparently giving zero shits about doing illegal stuff. What is the hikers were just two women? Would you expect them to confront random guys in the middle of the fucking woods?

The onus is in no way on the hikers, regardless of what you would or wouldn't do.

I like how, with zero information about the circumstances, arus (who is usually fucktarded, I'll grant) is more annoyed at the hikers not endangering themselves and risking not having any evidence of the fires than the hicks who literally killed people. I bet he also stops active shooter situations with his open carry permit.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I've been on trail a lot in many states, and I've never seen people throwing matches. Let's honor how absurd a situation this is we're diving into.. k.

Re: hikers using force: Never said they should have. I said I'd try; that's why I thought the point fair--albeit way overstated, yes. That's it. And I'm not your hypothetical damsel.

It's not a guarantee that others were ever close enough to talk to them, yep. However, if proximity allowed, -I- would say something, young or old, male or female or other, big or small, ABSOLUTELY, if they're repeatedly throwing fucking matches into the woods. Now if it's frail, helpless women who can only use an iPhone, perhaps I expect too much. After all, it was just a little forest fire.

I'm not shy about talking to a stranger or two in far less urgent situations. Yes it's an absurd overstatement to fault the passerbys more, of course. It's only fair to have some curiosity about how many witnesses were how close for how long and what they were thinking too.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I've been on trail a lot in many states, and I've never seen people throwing matches. Let's honor how absurd a situation this is we're diving into.. k.

Re: hikers using force: Never said they should have. I said I'd try; that's why I thought the point fair--albeit way overstated, yes. That's it. And I'm not your hypothetical damsel.

It's not a guarantee that others were ever close enough to talk to them, yep. However, if proximity allowed, -I- would say something, young or old, male or female or other, big or small, ABSOLUTELY, if they're repeatedly throwing fucking matches into the woods. Now if it's frail, helpless women who can only use an iPhone, perhaps I expect too much. After all, it was just a little forest fire.

I'm not shy about talking to a stranger or two in far less urgent situations. Yes it's an absurd overstatement to fault the passerbys more, of course. It's only fair to have some curiosity about how many witnesses were how close for how long and what they were thinking too.
    Don't get me wrong, I would've stepped in too.

But yes, the important point is that this is in NO WAY the hikers fault any more than it's your neighbors' fault if they don't go out and try to stop someone from breaking into your house in person.

Expecting people to throw themselves into random situations and take the law into their own hands is exactly the type of thing that gets people killed. I don't care how unlikely you think that situation is, the fact is that it was not their responsibility to take it upon themselves to stop it. They did the right thing by documenting it and coming forward so that the people responsible can be tried.

Edit: To be absolutely clear: The fault for the forest fires, from before the incident, to during, to after, lies solely with the people who were throwing the matches. Nobody else. Period.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I wouldn't pull a gun on an active shooter, I'm not an hero like that.

I'm not entirely sure I'd engage a home invader.

In the middle of nowhere on a trail, I would say something to the arsonist.

Those of us who would always be in flight mode aren't at fault for that. Personally I'd find fight mode somewhere between stopping Anders Behring Breivik and teenagers with a matchbox.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I wouldn't pull a gun on an active shooter, I'm not an hero like that.

I'm not entirely sure I'd engage a home invader.

In the middle of nowhere on a trail, I would say something to the arsonist.

Those of us who would always be in flight mode aren't at fault for that. Personally I'd find fight mode somewhere between stopping Anders Behring Breivik and teenagers with a matchbox.
    Because there aren't teens who are A) bigger than you or B) may have weapons.

Just keep on Captain Hindsighting with literally zero information about any person on either side of it bud. Glad your fight mode has such flexible standards.

If there's ever Vegas odds on random posters on BG who aren't JMC stopping active felonies lemme know, could use a few months rent paid easily.

Edit: We're all super impressed by your selfless bravery btw.

BG Level

it's amazing Rora is getting grief for stating he'd say hey kids stop throwing matches

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Andalusian girls View Post
    it's amazing Rora is getting grief for stating he'd say hey kids stop throwing matches
    what a world we live in

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

You had a similar standard too. It's not Captain Hindsighting; it's an absurd hypothetical situation at this point, discussing how one would personally hope to respond.

I'm never going to see an active felony happening, lol.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

You had a similar standard too. It's not Captain Hindsighting; it's an absurd hypothetical situation at this point, discussing how one would personally hope to respond.

I'm never going to see an active felony happening, lol.
    Perhaps I'm still attributing your agreement with Arus' dumbfuck statement as some sort of implication that not only would you have ripped open your shirt to reveal a giant "S", but that literally anyone else in the situation should have and is at fault for not. In which case I apologize, but to be fair, that is what happens when you agree with idiots.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Nah man, you're stuck on some tyrade like people other then Arus are blaming observers. Nothing was said except "man if I was there I'm confident I'd at least say 'wtf guy'".

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

MATE PLS STOP

Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server