+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: I answer questions     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Duplicitous Jew with Political Aspirations
    BG Level

I answer questions

Hello BG, this is my YouTube Channel. I take requests for clarification on news stories or current events and come back with the facts, and, if possible, actionable items.

I'm very interested in making these better, so suggestions for improvement are encouraged.

Here are the three I've done so far.

An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

More b rolls.

Links should go in the video details instead of the comments.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Now we'll know Zealot when he runs for office.

Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by SathFenrir View Post
    Now we'll know Zealot when he runs for office.
    This is what blackmail is made for dude. We're set.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

This is like a ongoing I Spy series. Little Mermaid doll, computer mouse connected to nothing.

BG Level

I was actually considering putting different stuff in the background for each one.

BG Level

Comment links moved to video description, that was a good suggestion.

The Fucking Voice of Actually
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Good on you framing off center.
    I think I've said before, but basically go look at all the godawful "people talking into a camera" videos on youtube, and then don't do what makes them godawful.

The next thing I can think of would be to have someone who knows what the fuck they are doing examine and advise you on your lighting.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

I'm watching the standing rock atm. That pipeline burst was 70k gallons. Sometimes people like numbers to add effect.

Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

A few years ago, I was an a producer for a youtube channel that was primarily blogs & skits, so here's my 2 cents.

I guess for audio, I assume you're using a webcam mic? If it doesn't break the bank, get a decent mic with a pop filter.

Also low budget way to kill that echo effect. Get some old thick blankets and hang them off frame against the walls. Your voice won't be bouncing and making, a lack of a better way to say it, an echo chamber.

Lighting wise, main source of light should be in front of you behind the camera. Obviously you won't be working with a soft box or studio lights with certain temperatures. Then again, we were keying against a green screen for some post fx so that probably isn't applicable.

However, your laptop is giving off a lot of blue light. You could read off something with less of a light source (tablet, phone) to avoid this effect. The channel I worked on had someone read off the script while the subject talked to the camera in front of a ring light setup, but that involved jump cuts (e.g. Philip Defranco Show) and editing the good takes off of a single recorded file.

Also don't overdo it on the lights in your face. You need just enough light to get rid of those shadows beneath your eyes. Too much light and your face gets washed out and you'll need makeup to add facial definition under heavy lighting. Cantih nailed it and finding someone to advise on a setup might be worth it if you want to add some production value.

And that swiffer on the table in the first video annoyed me.

Banned.

BG Level

what is the most anatomically appropriate food for the homo sapien in nature given its intestinal length, teeth shape, acid composition, prehensile hands, digestive preferences, vitamin/mineral needs, digestion time, temperature preferences, etc? what does the sum total of the human body indicate about what ideal foods are and what classification of mammal does that put it in

Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

'Za brah.

Banned.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Zetanio View Post
    'Za brah.

https://endlessvideo.com/watch?v=Wlv...&start=1&end=2

BG Level

My latest.

Looking at microphones now since I think sound is probably my biggest production value improvement available. I'll take a look at lighting after I get that worked out, I need a good shotgun mic.

Some people have recommended I do a written piece to accompany each video, thoughts on that?

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Growing a beard or goatee?

BG Level

Dammit I knew I should've shaved, I even asked my girlfriend "Hey honey, should I shave before this video?" and she was like "no, it looks fine."

I'm not doing either, I'm just unshaven.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Between the videos your facial hair is getting ever longer.

The Fucking Voice of Actually
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Zealot View Post
    Some people have recommended I do a written piece to accompany each video, thoughts on that?
    Maybe?
    But realize that you're going after different groups with both formats. If you go and do a transcript, you're essentially generating another news article. If you're aiming for journalist-politician, great. If you're aiming for being something different, then welp.

Personally, I generally avoid video news, interviews, lectures, etc. because there is a significant difference in the amount of time it takes me to watch the video, and the time it takes me to read a transcript/text of the same material.
    An example, the State of the Union address takes an hour or two. If you cut out the delays caused by the audience and such, it'd still take quite a bit of time. I've read through transcripts of SotU's in about 10-15 minutes. (This is also why I don't really have any issues with subtitled anime or non-english film, I can read the text fast enough it doesn't really interfere with watching the video.)

However, I am not in the majority when it comes to that. If you do a transcript based on my reasoning, you are not doing it for a general audience, but a minority audience.

BG Level

It wouldn't be a transcript, at least not how I was thinking, but a more in depth tackling of any question I cover.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

looks interesting..will check them out later when have time
    best