+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 39 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 36 ... LastLast
    Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite

Japanese developers always seem to be fucktardedly narrow-minded. They probably think Chun's face is probably the only thing wrong due to public backlash and everything else is gucci.

I can make a fucking better looking UI on MUGEN in my spare time for free. Are they gonna address that?

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnus View Post
    I'm not really versed on all the game mechanics, but Soul Storm seems like it should be a once a match ability or something that works like Pandora mode where you sacrifice the current character to revive the other.
    It seems like a reasonable balance for it would be requiring a full stone gauge to activate (which means it would be after you've taken a lot of damage on your remaining character, too). If so, that explains why the Soul Surge is a passive: if it were an active ability, players would be HIGHLY incentivized to find ways to spam it, so they can quickly build stone gauge for a rez.

This is all theory fighter at this point though.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

we should obviously just be happy we're past sprite art now, i mean that took considerably more talent to design than any 2.5d model (although i would kill for something as classy as 3s or garou at a higher resolution)

Been Here Longer Than you
    BG Level

Lolllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll....this is so bad it's hilarious....

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

An interesting video with Morrigan/Thor (warning for the triggered: it's Max). Go to 9:20 :

The group of people who are desperately hoping that this game will be terrible may be receiving a lump of coal in their stocking. Even in this pre-release version, you can tell the game is legit Marvel.

I was rather shocked to see that Morrigan still shoots double fireballs in Astral Vision (@ 12:36), though it doesn't seem to come out if the clone is offscreen.

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Is Nemesis supposed to be so janky looking in his animations? Seriously looked like frames were being skipped in his movements.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Hitstop is definitely different in this game than MVC3, if that's what you're referring to.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

Yeah Max is fully on the MVCI bandwagon. This will sell well despite all the negativity. The big names who aren't already on board will get a little "push" from capcom to fawn over it and people will follow.

It's a shame too; they're going to get away with pushing a shit product. The core gameplay may be nice, but it's wrapped up in iPad graphics, a horrendous roster, flat out horrific high school computing class-level animations (faces) and voice acting, and a $80 pricetag for the "complete" edition, among other glaring issues. Very troubling precedent.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Yeah I dont think theyre getting away with this one. After the initial release the sales numbers for SFV have been downright awful, and to not think all the ill will that game has generated won't spread to this is naive.

And like you said, the game is butt ugly and has a shitty roster, which will absolutely have an effect on its appeal to casuals.

Been Here Longer Than you
    BG Level

Casuals won't buy this after all the horrible press the big game sites and E3 gave it. The ones that got burned by SFV for certain will not. This game is also going to have a high return rate, in the first week, by a lot of casuals that do buy it.

A lot of casuals go and read the big game sites and metacritic reviews, which this game is going to get raked over the coals on. Many of the ones that might pick it up window shopping are going to notice a lack of Wolverine, Storm, etc and just put it back down too.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

What about the Esports component? Is capcom going to get any revenue from that, or do they benefit purely from exposure? I can't imagine even that would make up for the (hopefully) horrid sales.

Edit: It's neither here nor there, but the character models look strikingly like action figures to me; makes me wonder if those are coming down the pipe. Though I'd assume we'd have seen leaks for them by now if they were.

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

God damn, the gameplay looks so nice for other shit to be so bad.

However, it was reported on Shoryuken (by way of Yoshi O @ SDCC) that the game will be getting day one art fixes, at least. They really need to work on that shitty UI afterwards.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Come on man, you know better then to be drinking the kool-aid, the game is still gonna look like dogsbit even after they "fix" it

Cake Mix

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

remember the day 1 fix for sfv?

lol yeah. probably something like that. nothing will fix their design choice of having stuff look mobile game/action figure-y.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Guitarman View Post
    It's a shame too; they're going to get away with pushing a shit product. The core gameplay may be nice, but it's wrapped up in iPad graphics, a horrendous roster, flat out horrific high school computing class-level animations (faces) and voice acting, and a $80 pricetag for the "complete" edition, among other glaring issues.
    Have we really gotten to the point where anyone who is excited about a game because it has entertaining gameplay is a kool-aid-drinking shill that's enabling Capcom's theft?

I think the graphics need improvement and I would like a roster that's expanded beyond the MCU*. But if the game has good gameplay, I don't really care about the rest. MVC3 had amazing graphics and a great roster, and 1 year later all casuals had abandoned it anyway, so what does it matter? Marvel is one of the least casual-friendly games in the genre, and non-casual players (e.g. FChamp, Yipes, Max) will care a great deal about the gameplay.

*It's pretty silly to complain about a terrible roster AND enormous DLC costs at the same time. We can't know who all will be added. And while I am receptive to the "You shouldn't have to pay ridiculous sums to unlock the roster" position, I don't want to hear it from people who are also saying "ArcSys is owning Capcom's soul right now!" ArcSys is the patient zero of DLC character abuse.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya

BG Level

I think the terrible roster complaint is blown out of proportion. No one is going to give a fuck who's who in due time and will just go with whoever's deemed top tier. It'll hurt more towards sales to casuals than anything else.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I don't even know that it will hurt sales to casuals. It's not casual players that are enraged by Magneto's exclusion, and for all the PR doubletalk, the fact that the game is full of MCU characters - when the MCU is far more popular than the comics right now - is actually a great thing for sales to casuals.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Intial sales is all that really matters. There's a lot that's blown out proportion but it's mainly cause it's Capcom. The UI complaints for instance I don't get. Shit looks simple, tells you what you have, and isn't an eyesore much like SFxT's. Are people expecting crazy shit like GG or BB's UI?

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I mean, imagine a parallel universe MVCI where instead of all these extra MCU characters they had Magneto, Storm, Psylocke, Sentinel, Cable, and Cyclops. Think about the type of person that buys that version of MVCI but not the one with the roster we are getting. Could this person even exist?