+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 39 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 ... LastLast
    Straight Ca$h Homie
    BG Level

This game feels more like SFxTK, and I mean that in the nicest way possible. Tag combo's are pretty crazy/intricate, and neutral is more 'honest' in that you have to play your point character well to either zone for a setup, or open your opponent up the old fashion way.

No shitty assists in to free pressure. You gotta earn that shit now.

I think this game has legs.

If I screw up again Im gone forever.
    Secret Admin

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Agreed, it shaped up into a very nice game that has a lot of cross over appeal from SF players. It's very free form as well. Only complaint is combos are pointless for damage, it's more learning different combo routes to set up different mix-ups. It's good that damage across characters is normalized but sucks that doing hard combos aren't more rewarded.

Fuck Gamora

Secret Admin

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Also the proximity blocking needs to die.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Chun Liroy View Post
    It's good that damage across characters is normalized but sucks that doing hard combos aren't more rewarded.
    We are at day -2. The hard combos aren't here yet.

Secret Admin

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

You know scaling after a certain point goes to 1dmg/hit on characters with 8000 total health. I'm not sure the ghost Rider infinite would kill before the timer was up. You're right it's early but I don't imagine damage changing unless a glitch to reset damage scaling (a la bolo) is found.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

GR infinite wouldn't kill even if it were still in the game (it's already patched out of the PC version). And I'm not positive undizzy wouldn't kick in.

It seems like this game is going to strongly discourage 1-hit kills, which makes sense going to 2v2 from 3v3. FChamp's Dorm is a pretty good example of where I think the game will be headed.

50% damage, no meter, corner carry:
    Spoiler: show

66% damage, 1 meter, oki setup:

75% damage, 2 meters:

I think the real optimization will come in minimizing meter usage (which will be important for counter switch) and combos that end with setups that will be the equivalent of falling in cornered against MVC3 Zero. Blocking skills will be severely tested in this game.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Gil will not be one of the first 6 dlc characters. Black Widow takes his spot so we're getting 4 Marvel, 2 Capcom characters.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

an infinite doesn't need to kill, if you're consistent enough to keep it going, you'd use it to win via timeout. moot anyway if they did in fact patch it out

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

Quote Originally Posted by Lokus View Post
    Gil will not be one of the first 6 dlc characters. Black Widow takes his spot so we're getting 4 Marvel, 2 Capcom characters.
    Yeah this was...i guess not surprising even though I posted it last page. It would make more sense Gil will show up in SFV since, y'know, he was already shown there.

I still would've liked Yondu in place of Black Widow, but we need more female characters, so w/e.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Moridam View Post
    an infinite doesn't need to kill, if you're consistent enough to keep it going, you'd use it to win via timeout.
    This meta doesn't really work anymore unless it's on the last character and you have a life lead. Counterswitch is going to significantly restrict the value of low-damage infinites.

Trigun

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

10/10, indeed.

That story is too Marvel.

Floe's stream says the netcode seems really good so far, maybe the Tekken partnership paid off?

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I'd wait till tomm when the game is officially out in the wild to gauge any netcode opinions. KOF had great netcode pre-release but it kinda sucked on release until SNK released a netcode patch.

Edit: Floe did play against Jebaily and said the connection was fine and that's cross country.

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Everything about the story is cringe worthy. The sooner you look beyond the story and at the actual gameplay, the better:

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Arthur is... improved. He can now cancel all air normals or specials into double jump, even on whiff. Divekick > xbow > doublejump > divekick > xbow seems good. Normal axe/flame/scythe can't be reflected, all gold projectiles can't be reflected. Magic sword (MVC3 b+H, the looping dagger that goes up then forward) can be cancelled into specials which makes it good now.

I'm still trying to figure out how projectile durability/priority works in this game. Most gold armor stuff seems to go through (not necessarily cancel) other projectiles. Gold axe is like MVC2 Storm's typhoon; even supers don't stop it. Hawkeye's Spritzer (piercing bolt) seems about the same. Chris' magnum seems pretty weak (especially since you have to load it), and his machinegun seems terrible now, as it sprays a bit instead of shooting straight... the opponent can just mash pushblock and Chris will get hit every time. Seems like if you try to chip someone with it, you'll take more damage than they will.

FYI, old Chun face is on the disc, and the day 1 update replaces it.

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Presentation and graphics are still fucking garbage but after seeing enough of the gameplay I decided to grab it. I'm sure I'll regret but whatever, I'm not a poor.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

It was always about the gameplay. This won't be the last game you were interested in that comes out looking like an IOS mobile title, especially with these CEOs and board rooms constantly chasing that F2P whale lootbox dollar, but if the gameplay is good in a fighting game, that'll always be enough legs to stand on.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Minerva Kissaki
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

seeing combofiend rock nemesis made me super happy last night
    i got this game for $12 via some dell reward money that was gonna expire if i didnt use it. I wasn't gonna buy till much later down in the price drops.