+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 39 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 ... LastLast
    Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

definitely pleased that some of the garbage tier characters from previous games got some needed love. still getting used to being able to escape tod combos now, at first i didn't like it but hopefully it will be more beneficial than xfactor level 3 comebacks.

also dormammu's flame carpet already seems op, even push blocked you still get sucked in full screen?

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Played for a bit and just nope, don't enjoy the gameplay nearly enough to make up for how shitty the presentation is. Thank God for Steams refund policy.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by gaira View Post
    also dormammu's flame carpet already seems op, even push blocked you still get sucked in full screen?
    "Flame carpet" normally refers to the small flame puddle he places in front of him. The thorn floor is a new move that replaced the jump restriction from MVC3, and it's a 3 spell move, so I doubt it's overpowered compared to the other 3-spell moves. It's just no longer useless.

If I screw up again Im gone forever.
    Secret Admin

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

It's actually pretty ridiculous. Because it sets up easy high lows off tag since even on block they bring them towards Dorm. However blocking is pretty easy in this game so far to me. Much easier than mvc3. It feels like there's a spot on crossups where you can block either fun direction. Doesn't that exist in sfxt? Definitely need to remove proximity blocking that shit is so trash.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Crapcom gonna Crapcom

http://www.rollingstone.com/glixel/n...stones-w504168

https://twitter.com/APZonerunner/sta...09292173332480

There's some quality entertainment on the related subreddits as well about how shitty the collector's edition is.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Chun Liroy View Post
    However blocking is pretty easy in this game so far to me. Much easier than mvc3.
    Again, we are on day 1. Day 1 MVC3 was incredibly easy to block (anyone not named Wolverine, anyway).

Definitely need to remove proximity blocking that shit is so trash.
    Are you saying that proximity blocking should not activate until closer, or activate from farther? They can't "remove" it in a game without a block button, and there are drawbacks for either solution.

Secret Admin

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Marvel 3 has no proximity blocking -- it was done perfectly imo. Did you read my explanation for why I feel blocking is easier? Nothing is as fast as tridash mags lights or Nova up down j.l and when it comes to left rights I block stuff I have no business blocking. Only thing I can think of is the airdash back and forth stuff that some characters (Ultron) has. You're right it's early maybe it'll change but that's the reasons why I don't think it will. From my limited playing it just feels so much easier.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Gold axe is really, really buff now.

I believe it has an unlimited number of hits while on screen. It's basically a super.

At the end of that video you can see that Arthur is now invincible on armor break. Hooray!

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

So she's literally just called Monster Hunter.

Prime Minister of Salt

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Omega Deathbringer
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Insanecyclone View Post
    So she's literally just called Monster Hunter.

WTF is what that hyper-armor

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Ghost Rider has the same thing on his motorcycle super.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Fourwude has done his input lag tests and MvCI matches the PS4 version of UMvC3, coming in at 6 frames. He's yet to release tests on the XBox and PC versions but if history is taken into account (UMvC3 runs at 5 frames on X360 and XB1) they will probably be 1 frame faster.

Secret Admin

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

One thing I hope they fix is tags coming in on the correct side. Something as simple as jump over as a cross up, then tag causes the character to come in on the same side as the original jump. There's even situations where you're on the other side of the screen and come in on the original side. It doesn't make intuitive sense and leads to really super scrubby mix-ups and gameplay.

I hope to see that go, and the couple over head glitches but the rest I'm okay with letting it rock for a bit. Maybe no balance changes until after the first round of dlc.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

We know it bombed on Steam, but now numbers from other platforms are available. Spoiler : it still bombed

https://www.chart-track.co.uk/index.....jsp&ct=110015

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Chun Liroy View Post
    One thing I hope they fix is tags coming in on the correct side. Something as simple as jump over as a cross up, then tag causes the character to come in on the same side as the original jump. There's even situations where you're on the other side of the screen and come in on the original side. It doesn't make intuitive sense and leads to really super scrubby mix-ups and gameplay.
    This is going to be tough to resolve in a way that is consistent and not worse. I think the current mechanism is that if you're in the air, you tag in from the side you were on when you left the ground, which is strange at first but something you can learn. I don't know if that a better long term solution than ambiguous crossups created by starting attacks that move the old point character (e.g. divekicks) and create an ambiguous tag side based on the timing.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

Quote Originally Posted by Krandor View Post
    We know it bombed on Steam, but now numbers from other platforms are available. Spoiler : it still bombed

https://www.chart-track.co.uk/index.....jsp&ct=110015
    Interesting bit of data about the steam version; no idea how accurate this is, so take with a grain of salt:

http://steamspy.com/app/493840

If there is truly only 25k purchases on Steam? wow.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Steamspy is generally pretty accurate, tho its margin of error is greater for lower numbers. Either way it's definitely less then 30k owners, which is quite bad.

Straight Ca$h Homie
    BG Level

I wonder what UMVC3 sold on PC? I feel like the numbers could be laughably similar considering it only released pretty recently.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

UMvC 3 has about 80k owners, which to be fair is still more then Xrd Revelator.

Tekken 7 and SFV are both floating in the 300k range.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

It's amazing to me that the PC numbers are so small; the allure of mods is really exciting. Though, I guess these games have a larger international community, which tends to stick to console.