+ Reply to Thread
Page 35 of 39 FirstFirst ... 25 33 34 35 36 37 ... LastLast

I don't think anyone has forgotten but it seems like a step backward. I hated most Wesker players in vanilla and Morrigan/Doom/XF3Vergil players in ultimate but that was after ages (and there was usually 2 more characters). I'm already sick of seeing Ultron/Gamora/Dorm.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

The fgc has the memory span of a goldfish. Phoenix was fucktardedly stupid straight out of the box on day one. Shit, I remember a team round robin with the theme of Good vs Evil at a major for vanilla; evil being Phoenix players lol.

EDIT: Not to mention the whole Sentinel debacle and his subsequent nerf lol.

Complaints are just louder overall today because of the greater presence of social media paired up with streaming versus 2009/2011. I would love to go back even further and see the modern day tears of something like CvS2 roll canceling being discovered. It was common as fuck for fights to break out over it in the NY/NJ area back in the day lol.

Been Here Longer Than you
    BG Level

Phoenix was so busted that Viscant won an EVO. That's the end of that topic.

I could watch MVC2 (and still do, shoutouts to http://zachd.com/mvc2/ ) Mag/Storm/Sent/Cable/Psy/whatever on end for decades. Ultron combo > grab > scoop > tag got old after day 1. This shit is whack.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Deejay View Post
    The game can suck overall and still be fun to play. Plenty of poorly executed games are fun to play. Quit acting like there aren't any legitimate gripes with how this game was handled and marketed towards the FGC.
    Talking about the games' execution or marketing is one thing. But there are a persistent group of haters who will take any criticism they can find even when that person literally says, "This game is really fun" and try to claim that it's only biased shills who enjoy playing the game.

The gameplay of MVCI has had a better reception than any Marvel game since MSH. Even the people who have yearned to despise this game since months before it was released are forced to come up with nonsense like, "I literally don't care how it plays, the UI is too ugly."

Are there people who absolutely love playing the game that have criticisms of it? Sure. I've said myself that zoning isn't good enough with the retail characters. But none of them are saying it's a bad game. You can say that it's ugly, you can say the UI is bland, you can say Marvel execs handcuffed the roster; I've said all of these things myself at one point or another. But it was obvious from the early gameplay to anyone with the slightest clue of how Marvel works that this core mechanic of this game has serious potential for amazing ideas. This game still has legit potential to be the best Marvel game ever (which is saying a lot, because MVC2 is one of the greatest fighting games ever).

While it isn't terrible, there is absolutely nothing about this game that has people chanting 10 MORE YEARS.
    Cable/Doom/BH/Sentinel didn't have people chanting "10 more years" at this point in MVC2. Acting like anyone would prefer to see MVC2 Storm run away for 90 seconds (another dominant early strategy) than watch staircase combos is ridiculous. And complaining about Ultron and Dorm after vanilla Wolvie and Phoenix is absurd. MVCI characters are incredibly fair compared to vanilla MVC3, and the most broken character right now is Rocket (who only one person is using).

If you apply even the slightest historical context to most of the criticism in this thread, it's completely without merit. Chris G's comments are valid, but he also says that the game is really fun, so if there is anyone "nitpicking," it's not me.

Quote Originally Posted by gaira View Post
    oh the irony in complaining about dorm/dante/ultron. how quickly we forget mvc2, 3s, cvs2, various stages of sf4, and on and on.
    People are reaching for the flimsiest of excuses because of how well the game turned out to play. Outside of the Spidey infinite needing a patch, the gameplay has been incredibly solid.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

RIP Spiderman web ball/reality stone infinite.

http://www.capcom-unity.com/strumsli...ober-16-update

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

The first 18 Premium Costumes are now available for Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite with the remaining 12 coming later in the year. One of the options to obtain these stylish costumes is by purchasing the three themed packs: Avenging Army, World Warriors, and Mystic Masters. Take a look at each of the Premium Costumes in these packs in action!

World Warriors: Defending the innocent around the world – or universe - has never looked so stylish! Contains the Premium Costumes for Captain America, Captain Marvel, Hulk, Chris, Ryu, and Chun-Li.

Mystic Masters: Delve into the arcane to uncover these Premium Costumes for Doctor Strange, Dormammu, Ghost Rider, Morrigan, Firebrand, and Nemesis.

Avenging Army: For those who are equally formidable on a team or gone solo! Contains the Premium Costumes for Iron Man, Hawkeye, Thor, Dante, Spencer, and Arthur.

There are three ways to purchase these Premium Costumes:

• Individually for $3.99.

• Each of the packs above is available for $11.99.

• All 18 come with the Premium Costume Pass, which is available for $29.99. This pass will also contain the Premium Costumes for the remaining characters to be released later this year.

LOL

So one of the costumes is DmC Dante? That's the greatest thing that's ever happened.

Ninja Ninja
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Noemi Rondain
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Yeah. It's kinda stupid how bad good Dante looks and how amazing Donte looks. It's pretty clear that they suddenly got a budget.

BG Level

Fuck you!

Straight Ca$h Homie
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnus View Post
    Yeah. It's kinda stupid how bad good Dante looks and how amazing Donte looks. It's pretty clear that they suddenly got a budget.
    Bruh, DLC Thor looks like he rides the short bus.

Their team lead simply does not care. There is no excuse for how bad Spencer and Dante look.

BG Level

Yeah wtf do you mean they suddenly got a budget?? All of that looks like total shit. Literally 0 pros are playing it in Japan. Tokido and Daigo both laughed out loud when we talked about it. Tokido said he may try it if there is a Money tournament near japan.

BG Level

Since when has Japan ever cared about marvel? Or is this another passive aggressive humble brag post by welt lol?

BG Level

The JP pros played MCV3 when it came out and aren’t playing this one you idiot.

And I don’t have to be passive aggressive to brag.

BG Level

Simmer down there buddy. It’s all in good fun.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Tokido and Daigo played vanilla MVC3 for 5 minutes and quit; Nemo showed up playing UMVC3 years later.

If you have finished the above sentence, you have just read a full and complete history of professional Japanese players competing in Marvel. Go pick up your history degree from the front office.

P.S. When it comes to current events, the one Japanese pro that played the last Marvel game... is also playing this one. Literally 100% retention rate! So either Weltall doesn't consider Nemo a "pro," or he doesn't know anything about Marvel and should stop commenting on it.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Tokido, Kusoru, Daigo, Mame-spider, and Nemo are the only notable MvC3 JP players that I can remember. Tokido and Kusoru each won a major in the US and along with Daigo, just dropped the game after the first year or rather, after EVO (maybe Kusoru actually kept playing I dunno).

Marvel not being big in Japan is like the biggest fucking duh ever as much as expecting Injustice to be embraced over there. Game just didn't sell well in the west which is where the numbers really matter.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Among non-pro JP players, RF joins Frutsy and KBR as the only non-American Marvel players to make Evo top 8 twice. (edit: RF only made it once)

Of course, you know why I'm posting this: RF is a current MVCI streamer.

Mamespider also plays MVCI.

It's an incredibly weak and dumb argument to say, "Even Japan has dropped Marvel," but it's not even true. The Japanese players who played UMVC3 are, amazingly enough, the same ones playing MVCI.

Separately, there is a certain bizarre irony in Weltall saying, "Japanese pros have no interest in MVCI. I know this because I asked them when I was at the apartment that one of them rented out as a practice studio for SF5."

Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite Ships 900,000 Copies, Resident Evil 7 Tops 4.1 Million.

http://www.siliconera.com/2017/11/06...s-4-1-million/

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

BG Level

WS looks like a Chris copy/paste. Black Window just looks dull. Venom looked better in MVC1, but the best of the 3.