Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

So if you wanted to know why Winter Soldier's LV3 is also called Unyielding Justice, there's a reason:

https://clips.twitch.tv/AverageObliqueCobraKippa

Shoutouts to XvSF Ryu/Ken team super.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

In relevant developments:

The Walt Disney Company To Acquire Twenty-First Century Fox, Inc., After Spinoff Of Certain Businesses, For $52.4 Billion In Stock

From the press release:
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-Men, Fantastic Four and Deadpool with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love.

Start the countdown.

On a side note, this should mean that Marvel will stop trying to force terrible Inhumans down our throat. Let the earth and heavens sing!

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Assuming Capcom is able to bring X-Men over we'd only get maybe 3-4 next year if they keep with a 6 characters a year release.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

This game isn't going to be on SF5's character schedule. I would expect at least double that.

Been Here Longer Than you
    BG Level

Lol like the X-Men can save this game.

Only hope is to get more investment start over, and just release an awesome MvC4.

Just remember. This is Marvel, but it's also Capcom. Next year we'll get Marvel Vs Capcom: Infinite; Ultimate Tournament edition X. The X is for ALL the X-men that are special to this version! (There's four. Also Doctor Doom. Finger Lasers!)

Straight Ca$h Homie
    BG Level

Yeah, I doubt an ultimate edition can save this game. The assets are literally trash. They'd have to do an entire graphics overhaul, and I highly doubt it would be anything better than terrible.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Deejay View Post
    Yeah, I doubt an ultimate edition can save this game. The assets are literally trash. They'd have to do an entire graphics overhaul, and I highly doubt it would be anything better than terrible.
    Even if they did it, it would not matter. They would have to move on to "4" and totally start over. The casual consumer is long gone, especially any that bought vanilla and returned it days later.

Straight Ca$h Homie
    BG Level

Idk if the average consumer is gone completely. SFV AE will definitely boost attention from the average gamer, the problem is actually getting them invested enough to keep playing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Deejay View Post
    Idk if the average consumer is gone completely. SFV AE will definitely boost attention from the average gamer, the problem is actually getting them invested enough to keep playing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    SFV, even with the very low sales, still has a much larger foundation of vanilla purchases. MVCI just didn't sell shit.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

I was at Best Buy the other day and they still had the limited edition boxed sets of mvci for sale lol

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Quote Originally Posted by Xno Kappa View Post
    I was at Best Buy the other day and they still had the limited edition boxed sets of mvci for sale lol
    For shits and giggles I just checked online and could still pick it up at any store today. I'll wait till the get desperate as I do want the figures, those at least weren't misleading vs the horrible box of infinity stones you got.

Quote Originally Posted by Melena View Post
    those at least weren't misleading vs the horrible box of infinity easter eggs you got.
    Seems more accurate.

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura View Post
    Seems more accurate.
    Definitely more accurate.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

This interview with Ono had something interesting:

Q: So, the market in North America is large. Did your North American subsidiaries play a significant role in development, then?
    A: Yes. We gave a lot of weight to incorporating ideas from Capcom U.S.A.'s marketing team into development, including direction and insights gleamed from research.

Q: Anything specific you can share?
    A: The look of the gauges that appear in the game, for example. Our Japanese team likes creating elaborate designs, so we had these more intricately decorated visuals; however, the trend in America now is for a streamlined look, so we received input on changes to the design.

The fact that SFV also has "streamlined" art direction seems an unlikely coincidence. If so, this is discouraging on two levels:

1) Capcom USA is clueless
    2) They probably won't be allowed to have any more input, even if they do have a good idea

Straight Ca$h Homie
    BG Level

So basically MVC as we know it is dead.

Whens DBZ

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I think it's a little premature to call MVC "dead" when it's still getting more tournament entrants (like, a LOT more) than any fighting game not named SF5 or TK7, but let's not spoil the narrative.

Straight Ca$h Homie
    BG Level

The tournament entrants are still wack, and it seems like any future development of this game will be hamstringed by Disney.

When I say dead, I mean in the sense that the series will never return to the form that made it a staple in the FGC.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

From an entrants standpoint, it'll never hit MVC2's status as #1 EVO flagship, but the only thing it has to do to reclaim UMVC3's status as #2 fighting game at EVO is pass TK7 (which it did at Canada Cup). But from a viewership standpoint, I do agree it's unlikely MVCI will pass SF5 and get top viewers for multiple years in a row like UMVC3 did... especially if SF5 is on ESPN and Marvel is not.

Overall, the general opinion of this game seems a lot like the last 2 years of SF5, where all the talk on the internet is about how SF5 is terrible and a complete failure, and the whole time SF5 has the most entrants and viewers of any fighting game ever by a sizable margin. And the Marvel version of this phenomenon is that Wiz is trolling people on Twitter about whether Marvel will be excluded from Evo... ostensibly to make room for games like IJ2, Rev2, or BBCF that don't even get half the entrants of MVCI. It's an echo chamber that is untethered from reality.