FFXIV Character
    Uzuki Ashtear
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    The Scryers

Hype for Mega Man X, but what the fuck at that terrible early PS3 era CGI lol

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Yeah. The CGI was atrocious. MvC3 trailers were leagues above it lol. Disappointed how X's reveal makes him look weak and in crappy CGI no less. My only hope is that they purposely made him look that way because he can gain his ultimate armor and completely rekt shit.

Been Here Longer Than you
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Fhloston View Post
    Hype for Mega Man X, but what the fuck at that terrible early PS3 era CGI lol

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
    Straight looks like a handheld game lmao.

Edit: FUCKING LOL @ KBR.

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Beat XV just in time to switch my PS4 to twitch, hell yeah

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

If the whole X-Men/FF lockdown thing was a factor then Marvel wouldn't be letting Capcom do a multi-platform re-release of a game with 9 X-Men/FF characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Sho View Post
    Speaking of Yipes, it will be interesting to see how the FGC gets into the 2v2 Marvel meta. Almost every [older] Marvel top player we know now (including Yipes) all came to prominence during MvC2, not MvC1 (or XMvSF/MSH).
    Among people you guys are likely to know of, Arturo Sanchez was the best MVC1 player in the U.S. (so, probably world) during its prime; Viscant was also a top player.

I'd get into a pre-MVC2 history lesson but I suspect you guys would think I'm lying about my own involvement.

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Dan View Post
    If the whole X-Men/FF lockdown thing was a factor then Marvel wouldn't be letting Capcom do a multi-platform re-release of a game with 9 X-Men/FF characters.

Among people you guys are likely to know of, Arturo Sanchez was the best MVC1 player in the U.S. (so, probably world) during its prime; Viscant was also a top player.

I'd get into a pre-MVC2 history lesson but I suspect you guys would think I'm lying about my own involvement.
    I wasn't really part of the actual scene myself til around 1999; I didn't know any of these cats outside of shit that would be posted on IRC/oldskool SRK at the time. I do remember Viscant getting a lot of buzz back then however, so you have the right of it. The advent of Youtube really brought people to the fore however.

We are all old as shit now by gaming standards, it would be nice to see the young come ups make a name for themselves however.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I was very proud of Viscant for winning vanilla MVC3 at Evo. I think it's not an unreasonable assessment to say that he, Eddie Lee, and I are the primary reason why Marvel became accepted as a mainstream tournament game.

Prior to MVC1, Marvel games were generally regarded the same way you might regard competitive tic-tac-toe. SF players thought Marvel was basically land one c.LK and dial-a-combo to victory.

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Dan View Post
    I was very proud of Viscant for winning vanilla MVC3 at Evo. I think it's not an unreasonable assessment to say that he, Eddie Lee, and I are the primary reason why Marvel became accepted as a mainstream tournament game.

Prior to MVC1, Marvel games were generally regarded the same way you might regard competitive tic-tac-toe. SF players thought Marvel was basically land one c.LK and dial-a-combo to victory.
    Holla Dan:

Don't worry my mans, I didn't forget about ya either. (Also I remember that MvC2 winners finals at NCR vs Wong too). MvC1 dial-a-combo is likely no more possible than the advent of Mags/Sentinel breaking MvC2, I'd wager.

Question for ya however -- how far do you think Viscant could go in this generation of MvC? I've always loved watching the man play personally since the old Marvel 2 days, and he was always about breaking down the game almost mathematically. People definitely slept on him for most of the original Marvel 3 til he swept that EVO. He has always been the true Marvel hero to me.

Listening to you makes me remember all of those Marvel 2 gods & champions as well -- Wong, Kells, Yipes, Duc, Clock, ShadyK, Desmond, Schmidt.... damn. What a time to be alive back then.

Also I hope you start playing this new Marvel as well mang. D:

BG Level

I was there the day my local arcade rolled MvC 1 off the truck. Red venom and Colossus assist for life.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Let the record show that I won that set in the video linked above.

To answer your other question, like most old arcade players, Viscant is really good at quickly identifying effective early strategies that don't require excessive practice time. In the post-Dreamcast era where players have immediate access to training mode from the day a game is released, the game evolves differently; as the game matures, there are a lot of heavily-refined tactics that really would not have shown up in the pay-to-play arcade era. So, long story short: Viscant has a really good chance at doing well in the "first season" of MVCI, but will likely tail off as the training room monsters take over.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

The MVCI gameplay video reminded me of SFxTK.

We need to see an actual match video. That said, the first MVC3 match video (with universal airdashes) did not really resemble the final product.

Ze NinjaSYXX
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nitsuki Syxx
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

feels more like tatsunoko with SFxTK mid-combo tagging.

BG Level

I wonder if there are even assists or is it just tagging/extended combo tagging? The graphics look like a fucking mobile game, but we will see.

It screams low budget by the looks of things.

You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Mid combo tags have swag factor, if nothing else.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

BG Level

LMAO just saw this with the caption: "Why do I look better in Smash?"

http://imgur.com/a/tnnZ6

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Yeah, it looks a lot more like TvC upon further inspection.

Have you ever played COTA? It's significantly different than the other Marvel games; you can chain whiffs, there isn't really a launcher or aircombo system, the OTG system is weird, and the game just feels very unpolished and loose overall. But then MSH came out and defined the way launchers work, the way aircombos/flying screen works, the OTG rules, etc., and we kept largely the same basic combo engine for the next four games (XvSF, MvSF, MVC1, MVC2).

It looks like TvC is basically the 3D version of MSH, and every Marvel game is just going to continue the same base TvC engine, instead of the MSH engine. That's really a shame, but oh well.

BG Level

I've probably been around as long as you, and played in CTF during the great Marvel 2 days (Put money in this machine at your own risk!). I was a heavy MSP player. I've played every Marvel/VS. game in the arcades until Marvel 3. That game sucked ass, so I skipped it. When these games go to "ABC combo / make it easy for casuals", then I bow out.

Someone needs to tell Capcom the goal is PROGRESSION and not REGRESSION. Fine, make it easier to get the quick buck, but at least make it LOOK nicer than the previous installment...for fuck's sake...

Ryu looks like god damned Microsoft ClipArt right now...

Ze NinjaSYXX
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nitsuki Syxx
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

The more i look at it, the more i'm bothered. I really am bracing for the worst at this point.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Weltall View Post
    Fine, make it easier to get the quick buck, but at least make it LOOK nicer than the previous installment...for fuck's sake...

Ryu looks like god damned Microsoft ClipArt right now...
    Well, KOF14 looked like a 2002-era PS2 game in the first trailers and eventually ended up looking like a 2010-era PS3 game, so I guess improvement is possible...?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast