+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 39 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
    Straight Ca$h Homie
    BG Level

I'm not going to get my hopes up at all. I'm more curious to see how this port will affect UMVC3 tournament turnout next season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Sho View Post
    Marn may become the truth again.

Kappa
    https://twitter.com/MarnORZ/status/805301526054858752

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Are me and Sho really the only ones who remember the MSH days?

Guys...it's 2016. Fucking youtube it. This game has little to no chance of being anything like SFxT.

Been Here Longer Than you
    BG Level

By "being like SFxTK ", I'm pretty sure they just mean "ABC combo into tag extension", which is exactly what it looks like.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Weltall View Post
    By "being like SFxTK ", I'm pretty sure they just mean "ABC combo into tag extension", which is exactly what it looks like.
    Impressive. You were able to deduce that from 40'ish seconds of blatant alpha game-play.

This coming from the dude who praised SFxTK and SFV first trailer footage lmao.

Straight Ca$h Homie
    BG Level

Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite

We have to see what neutral looks like. If wavedashing and movement is gone then I'm out. If they want to keep the marvel movement and take the game into a SFxTK combo style with WAY LESS restriction then it won't necessarily be a bad thing.

What has me worried is that they've literally been taking combo systems in the opposite direction recently and pruning the shit out of what they want us to be able to pull off.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Xno Kappa View Post
    Impressive. You were able to deduce that from 40'ish seconds of blatant alpha game-play.

This coming from the dude who praised SFxTK and SFV first trailer footage lmao.
    This coming from one of the only people on the board who said V was a complete pile from beta 1, only to be told I was wrong and then 99% of those people straight disappeared like bitches and dropped the game within a month lmao. And the very first SFxTK reveal WAS hype as shit and the engine was the SF4 combo engine at the time. They fucked that up just like they are about to completely fuck up MVC. The game looks like Injustice animations meet Marvel Mobile game.

I'll buy it and give it a shot, but the hype is at an all-time low after that trailer. You can already find a ton of MVC pros saying the same shit on Twitter.

Edit: just compare the first Marvel 3 trailer to the Infinite trailer. If you asked someone with no knowledge of either game which one was released in 2010 and which was released in 2016, 100% of those people would say the Marvel 3 trailer was the newest "version" of the game. This is bad.

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I think essentially what Spider-Dan said in the earlier in the thread is the truth -- the base framework of the game already looks like it has been taken from TvC much like Vanilla/Ultimate Marvel 3, which is why it is so instantly familiar (and not like SFxT, which pulled from SF4). Based on how Marvel 3 turned out, they would be foolish to remove iconic stuff such as wavedashing and it's neutral game in favor of something slower, when everyone who already loves Marvel loves it for it's high-flying zaniness. With that said, that old skool MvC1/MvC2 shit is gone.

People see "gems" and immediately think it will be like SFxT, but the only similarity should be that both games have a jewel that you can pick at the start of the match -- we just saw a video of Ryu and Captain Marvel using the Infinity Stones much like how X-Factor was used in MvC3. In this respect we should see a style of play similar to CvS2 (picking of "grooves") with the Infinity Stone (like MSH) use as the premiere comeback mechanic in a match.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Regardless of how they're actually implemented, touting gems as a big feature is going to hurt the hype train for this game. 99% of potential buyers are going to immediately think of bullshit SFxT gems, not MSH.

You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I have to agree that it was pretty foolish of them to show off gems as a feature like they did. It was gonna happen sooner or later though -- Capcom doesn't like honest Marvel matches anymore. Had to have expected some sort of comeback mechanic.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

At this point, every new Marvel game is going to have a rather extreme gimmick. If it's not TAC and X-Factor, it's going to be something else. It was an unlikely miracle that that all of MVC2's new gimmicks (and it had the most, BY FAR) worked out so well.

Let me just say one thing about this game that hopefully raises your spirits:

At NCR 2015, I talked to Combofiend about the possibility of MVC4, and asked him whether (U)MVC3's sales justified a sequel. He said, in no uncertain terms, that the sales numbers were there and MVC4 was all-but-certain. I talked to him about some of the differences between MVC2 and MVC3, and maybe he was just humoring me, but at the time he agreed on certain aspects that the earlier Marvel games did better. For what it's worth, I trust his judgement... of course, it's not guaranteed that he'll be making the decisions.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by fantasticdan View Post
    Regardless of how they're actually implemented, touting gems as a big feature is going to hurt the hype train for this game. 99% of potential buyers are going to immediately think of bullshit SFxT gems, not MSH.
    You're looking at this from the viewpoint of hardcore fighting game players, which at the end of the day is a fraction of the people who buy the game. The average gamer sees cool shit that reminds them of the gems from the movies and what's in on that shit.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Dan View Post
    At this point, every new Marvel game is going to have a rather extreme gimmick. If it's not TAC and X-Factor, it's going to be something else. It was an unlikely miracle that that all of MVC2's new gimmicks (and it had the most, BY FAR) worked out so well.

Let me just say one thing about this game that hopefully raises your spirits:

At NCR 2015, I talked to Combofiend about the possibility of MVC4, and asked him whether (U)MVC3's sales justified a sequel. He said, in no uncertain terms, that the sales numbers were there and MVC4 was all-but-certain. I talked to him about some of the differences between MVC2 and MVC3, and maybe he was just humoring me, but at the time he agreed on certain aspects that the earlier Marvel games did better. For what it's worth, I trust his judgement... of course, it's not guaranteed that he'll be making the decisions.
    I have no idea why you would trust him. Whether it be coincidence or him having any type of direct influence on the games, Capcom fighters have been absolute shit since Seth left and Combofiend joined.

He also peddled SF5 as the best thing since sliced bread, and then completely disappeared from Earth once it flopped. Fuck him.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I guess you have a higher opinion of SF4 and MVC3 than I do. I think most of the 3D Capcom stuff are sidegrades (never even tried xTK though).

Quote Originally Posted by fantasticdan View Post
    Anyone who knows enough about SFxTK to have a negative opinion of the gems in that game is extremely likely to be aware of MSH gems.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

(delete)

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

What the fuck was Peter supposed to do, talk about how awful V was and shit on his own game? Going from my times talking to him, I don't really put blame for how 5 turned out on him (regardless of his position in the eyes of the FGC, he's still a low man on the totem pole). He had a heavy hand in the balance for the later versions of 4, and those came out great.

You can't have it both ways, shitting on him for how 5 turned out while continuing to praise USF4 as the greatest game on earf

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Viscant recently retweeted the best intro video of all time and now I'm feeling positive again.

For all the flaws MVC3 had, it was still Marvel.
    Fuck it. I'm in. Ride or die.

(Just don't put Cable in this game. Save him for MVC5 when we go back to 3v3.)

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tsuko Stark
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Morrigan and Captain America confirmed - https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/805591602446012416

If I screw up again Im gone forever.
    Secret Admin

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

That new trailer actually gives me hope. The art looks way better in motion than in cgi. Also, nothing is finalized yet including the graphics which are normally the last thing to come to fruition in game development afaik. This is like pre-alpha stuff currently. I'm hype.

Straight Ca$h Homie
    BG Level

Fucking morrigan fml

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 39 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast