+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 39 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast
    Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

A 16 minute breakdown of 40 seconds of game-play of a game that's probably in an Alpha stage right now. Appreciate it Sho but pass lol.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Max is an expert at that max CPM for real.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Late to the party, but have to say, severely disappointed by the direction they're going. Dumbing it down to be like SF (haven't liked SF's direction post third strike), 2v2, no assist, overall less chaotic, yeah, no thanks. The game's main feature to me was the chaos and the roster to go along with it. Can only imagine how many people they will cut out who thrived in the chaos and couldn't handle being in the molasses of SF style in comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitsuki View Post
    I'm ok with this, TvC was a ton of fun. But they need to bring mega crash and baroque mechanics. I love how capcom used some guilty gear mechanics in TvC.
    Seriously, I really liked these mechanics and was disappointed they weren't used more especially since how you can 100-0 someone. I really wish there was a TvC2 instead of whatever the hell they're doing here.

Edit: I heard something about many X-Men chars being cut. Was this still true or still unknown?

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Last I read was that X-men would be in the game but that they will be DLC. That info was said by the person who leaked MvCI on Neogaf.

Ah, I figured Polygon was in the right and that Disney was pulling the leash by making them pigeonhole only MCU characters, hence the costumes and stuff.

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Xno Kappa View Post
    A 16 minute breakdown of 40 seconds of game-play of a game that's probably in an Alpha stage right now. Appreciate it Sho but pass lol.
    Haha! I thought the same as I posted it. Kinda pathetic on my part really. I want more infos asap. Q_Q

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Meian View Post
    Late to the party, but have to say, severely disappointed by the direction they're going. Dumbing it down to be like SF (haven't liked SF's direction post third strike), 2v2, no assist, overall less chaotic, yeah, no thanks.

[...]

Seriously, I really liked these mechanics and was disappointed they weren't used more especially since how you can 100-0 someone. I really wish there was a TvC2 instead of whatever the hell they're doing here.
    This post makes no sense. You complain about all the things separating Marvel from TvC and then directly ask for TvC2. This IS TvC2.

Ze NinjaSYXX
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nitsuki Syxx
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

TvC did have assists tho! But once again, i'll be happy with mega crash, and baroque!

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Dan View Post
    This post makes no sense. You complain about all the things separating Marvel from TvC and then directly ask for TvC2. This IS TvC2.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitsuki View Post
    TvC did have assists tho! But once again, i'll be happy with mega crash, and baroque!
    TvC also didn't move at a SF pace of fighting. This is definitely not TvC2 from what I've seen as of yet. Also, it is a different series. Just as I liked SNK vs Capcom 2 doesn't mean I would want MvC to follow the same formula.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

If you put Mega Crash in the game then you have to eliminate zoning (ahem, like TvC did). Imagine getting zoned by MVC2 Spiral for 30 seconds; you finally get in and she immediately bursts. Back to square 1.

It's not worth the tradeoff.

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Having a burst mechanic and zoning characters works out OK in the ArcSys games, no reason it wouldn't be able to function here outside of shitty game design.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

If you put Mega Crash in the game then you have to eliminate zoning (ahem, like TvC did). Imagine getting zoned by MVC2 Spiral for 30 seconds; you finally get in and she immediately bursts. Back to square 1.

It's not worth the tradeoff.
    I agree it shouldn't be copy and paste in terms of the way it was in TvC straight into MvC, it probably would require redesign a bit. I do like Baroque's style in general since the sacrifice you make for the damage as opposed to the way x-factor was (though x-factor was entertaining as hell sometimes to watch) even though x-factor did have a sacrifice component of using yours before the enemy and such. Man... wish I could find that really sick Baroque video from long ago with Polimar.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Krandor View Post
    Having a burst mechanic and zoning characters works out OK in the ArcSys games
    No, it doesn't. Zoners effectively don't exist in those games; every character is a rushdown variant. I say this as a longtime Axl main: your long-distance tools are feeble and they really only exist as cover for you to rush.

You cannot tell me with a straight face that ArcSys has anything remotely near MVC2 Cable, MVC2 Spiral, or MVC3 Morrigan. These are what capable zoning characters look like when you are surrounded by airdashing rushdown archetypes.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nmtd Natlhom
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl

Quote Originally Posted by Lokus View Post
    Last I read was that X-men would be in the game but that they will be DLC. That info was said by the person who leaked MvCI on Neogaf.
    Usually I'm pretty forgiving (read: naive) about claims of intentionally cutting content to sell it as DLC, but they made it so blatantly obvious that was their plan in SFV that it was undeniable. Glad to see they've learned absolutely nothing from that disaster.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

This isn't the '90s, or even the '00s. The plan for SFV, and the plan for MVCI, is something less like a vanilla/Super/AE/Ultra buy-this-version-upgrade-disc model, and more like a MMO-style pay-for-ongoing-content-updates model.

Viewed through that lens, DLC characters make complete sense. I consider it incredibly fortunate that Capcom has seen fit to allow all extra characters to be earned through playtime; ArcSys has positively gouged players in comparison.

For all of SFV's failures, that particular aspect of the distribution/sales model was great. Capcom's problem was that they thought that a MMO-style residual income stream meant they could use a MMO-style we'll finish a half-ass retail release with post-retail patches release model, which was as unsuccessful for Capcom as it was for the many failed MMOs that tried it before them.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nmtd Natlhom
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl

I'm not complaining about adding DLC characters through future updates, I'm complaining about them already having DLC characters planned when the game is only "around 30%" done. I have absolutely no problem with that content model, and even prefer it over the old one. The fact that the initial launch (supposedly) doesn't have any X-Men, which are well known, highly in-demand characters for this franchise, and they're (supposedly) going to be added as DLC later on is a pretty blatant case of intentionally cut content. And that is an unacceptable line to cross, for me.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

First off, I think all the X-Men/FF license talk for this game is total fanboy BS. I've seen this before with MVC1 (where people insisted that Capcom had "lost the license to Iron Man" and had to use War Machine) and MVC3 (where people insisted that Activision "had the rights to X-Men games" and MVC3 was an impossibility).

That said, if there is any truth to the X-Men-as-DLC-only rumors, that would seem to indicate that the decision is being made by Marvel, not Capcom. If Marvel decided to make X-Men a separate income stream for this game (again, not that I give much credence to these rumors), what exactly do you expect Capcom to do about it... not have X-Men at all?

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

For all of SFV's failures
    All though offtopic I am curious to know more about this since I haven't been following 5 too well outside of the little bit that made me think it was SF4 expansion pack.

Been Here Longer Than you
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Meian View Post
    All though offtopic I am curious to know more about this since I haven't been following 5 too well outside of the little bit that made me think it was SF4 expansion pack.
    I would be typing all day, so the extreme short of it: it is the worst mainstay SF of all-time, and is even worse than most of the strays (SF EX), as well. I'd say the only one that is worse than SFV is SF The Movie arcade cab. Alpha 1 is a tossup.

And yes, this includes the gameplay before one of you /r/SF scrubs chime in stating "but the gameplay is good!". No, it is not.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I knew Welt wouldn't dissapoint.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 39 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast