+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 39 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 35 ... LastLast
    Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

It's almost like capcom has copy/pasted more marvel 3 characters since the the leak was current.

Been Here Longer Than you
    BG Level

Is there a debate on the leak? The mother fucker also got the motions for DP right...someone cannot be this dumb? The leak was ages ago and is like 99% correct, expanding outside of only the roster.

He was correct, months in advance, about:

1. No X-Men
    2. Down Down motions
    3. 99% of the roster

You're a damned buffoon, if you don't believe Ryce.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

"I want to reply, but I also want to keep pretending that I'm ignoring his posts. What to do?"

fantasticdan, you're ruining Weltall's alibi by not quoting me when you reply. You have to quote me so he can keep up his cover story, otherwise we get posts directed at a nebulous "someone" like what you see above.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnus View Post

So characters can level up.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by nivlakian View Post
    ■ Characters

Nemesis

Nemesis is a B.O.W., developed by Umbrella Corporation and programmed to eliminate S.T.A.R.S., the elite Raccoon City police unit that discovered Umbrella’s secret development of bioweapons. Captured and reprogrammed to serve M.O.D.O.K. after A.I.M. and Umbrella Corporation merged into A.I.M.Brella.With his rocket launcher, armored attacks and command grabs, he can be devastating up close and from afar.

Haggar

Haggar is a former professional wrestler who became mayor of Metro City. He is famous for calling himself the “Fighting Mayor” as he teams up with friends to battle against Mad Gear gang, a crime syndicate that plagues Metro City. New to Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite, Haggar is able to pull barrels out of his back pocket, helping him chase down even the most elusive opponents.

Frank West

Frank West is a photojournalist famous for covering a zombie outbreak at a shopping mall and rescuing its survivors. This experience taught him to get creative and utilize objects in his surroundings as deadly weapons. With Frank West being a professional photographer, it only makes sense for him to take a steady shot while in action with his new tripod camera. He can also wear the patented Servbot helmet, letting him fly through projectiles and extend his combos.

Spider-Man

The bite from a radioactive spider granted Peter Parker arachnid-like powers. After losing his beloved Uncle Ben to a thief he chose not to stop, Peter learned that with great power there must also come great responsibility, and vowed to use his incredible abilities to protect the city as the Amazing Spider-Man! Between his huge arsenal of web-based attacks and new Level 3 hyper combo, he has no problem keeping his opponents off guard.

Gamora

The last of her race, Gamora was taken in by Thanos and raised as a ruthless assassin. However, she turned on her adoptive father and now uses her skills to help those who cannot help themselves. Known as the “Most Dangerous Woman in the Universe,” Gamora travels with the Guardians of the Galaxy, wielding a fearsome and deadly arsenal. Most notably, her sword Godslayer, which is capable of cutting through the most durable substances in the universe.

■ Infinity Stones

Mind Stone

The Mind Stone is the fifth announced Infinity Stone for Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite. This stone brings a command grab type of attack to its wielder in the air and on the ground. Upon landing a successful Infinity Surge attack, the opponent will fall to the ground and wake up in a daze, giving the wielder plenty of time to set up their next attack. Activating the Infinity Storm gives players a boost in hyper gauge regeneration. Hyper gauge will naturally increase without performing any additional actions, letting players build up their powerful super attacks much faster.

Ninja Ninja
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Noemi Rondain
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by 6souls View Post
    So characters can level up.
    This was Frank West's mechanic in MvC3. When he snaps a picture as a combo ender his specials get more powerful / beefed up.

Space Gem and Mind Gem are the clear stand outs in my opinion so far.

Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Say what you will about how it looks (It looks really, really bad) but gameplay mechanics and shit look ..infinitely more fun than SFV at the very least. (Yes I see the pun I did there)

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Better then SFV isn't hard, and it still honestly looks bad to me, and the very least looks nothing like what a MvC game should.

Straight Ca$h Homie
    BG Level

The graphics are inexcusably bad. Not paying for that horseshit off principle.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Deejay View Post
    Fuckin' exactly.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Litz Zatsuza
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Deejay View Post
    I hear this but if hear about my nigga Haggar still boppin dudes with that pipe, I might buckle for a discounted price.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnus View Post
    Space Gem and Mind Gem are the clear stand outs in my opinion so far.
    I think all of the gems look legitimately viable. Reality has a very strong Surge (V-Skill, homing projectile) but the Storm (V-Trigger) doesn't seem too overwhelming at first blush. Time is the same with a triple teleport airdash Surge.

I guess Space Surge (vacuum) might be good in the hands of a grappler but it seems like a move that would be a lot better as an assist. I've never seen a real application for Magneto or Storm's draw-in moves, even going back to COTA. Space Storm (cage) looks really good, though.

I need to know more about Power mechanics before I judge, but a wallbounce and a damage increase don't seem too effective, unless they've drastically reduced the number of wallbounce attacks in the game.

Mind Surge looks like it's a command throw that sets up for OTG combos, which could be deadly in the hands of someone like Chun or Spidey (presuming you can't throw break it, and that the scaling isn't ridiculous). Mind Storm apparently refills your meter, so based on the way Storm meter is generated (Surge or taking damage), Mind basically allows you to convert damage taken to super meter gain instead of just stone meter gain.

I've read that Soul Stone is a passive buff that siphons life from your opponent when you're hitting them (so no Surge?), and that Soul Storm allows you to revive a character. That seems good for defensive characters/teams.

Cake Mix

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

"Muh Grafix" is all I see in all this. KOF14 was hype and that game was ps2 tier trash bad on release. Either way, the mechanics don't look bad. Looks as insane as Marvel should be, but I can def see reservations on wanting to avoid it. It feels more like SFxT than UMVC3 to me.

Really wish the game didn't look like an upscaled mobile game in parts though LOL.

Straight Ca$h Homie
    BG Level

I'm sorry, but Capcom is pretty low on the good-will department and it's hard to justify any of their fuckery at the moment.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

SNK at least had viable reasons for the graphics to be bad, given the company was damn near bankrupt and had limited experience with making a 3D/2.5D fighter. And while yes the graphics were bad, the underlying design of the characters was fine. We saw this perfectly illustrated when they upgraded the shader awhile back and the overall look of the game improved dramatically.

Capcom is a much bigger company, backed with Marvel money, and has much more experience with this kind of stuff. And no matter the situation may be, there is absolutely zero excuse for how horrible some of the characters look. Alot of the returning characters look worse then in MvC3 by any kind of metric. Copy pasting the exact models would look better then what they've done to the faces of Dante, Chris, Chun and Morrigan.

It also looks even worse when you consider the game is running on the same engine as Tekken 7 and DBFZ.

BG Level

Marvel players looking like the new Melty Blood - poverty level of player.

Ninja Ninja
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Noemi Rondain
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Dan View Post
    I've read that Soul Stone is a passive buff that siphons life from your opponent when you're hitting them (so no Surge?), and that Soul Storm allows you to revive a character. That seems good for defensive characters/teams.
    I'm not really versed on all the game mechanics, but Soul Storm seems like it should be a once a match ability or something that works like Pandora mode where you sacrifice the current character to revive the other.

Ninja Ninja
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Noemi Rondain
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

https://twitter.com/maximilian_/stat...78624415834112

Based Ono to the rescue. Chun Face Patch will be Day 1 along with other fixes.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Is the patch gonna fix her body proportions and everyone else's fucked up face too?

And I wouldn't be quick to give them any praise, whether or not they're gonna fix it they still thought it was ok to show off the game as it is, which speaks volumes to how much they actually care.