Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

What is dead may never die?

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Quote Originally Posted by Weltall View Post
    MVCI is already dead, with or without DBFZ coming out lmao. But yeah, that shit is going to take a drunk piss on its' grave.
    I mean MVCI has been under DBFZs shadow since before it's release, most of the damage is already done. I'm sure it wouldn't be doing great either way, but if DBFZ was never a thing at all, I don't think MVCI would be quite as dead as it is.

The actual release of DBFZ will be just cementing over the grave.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Rumor: Update in Development, May Rebrand the Game as MvC4
    The latest rumor/leak comes from known Redditor 'Vergeben' with a post about the future of the Capcom franchise. This user has had some accurate hits in the past - including Injustice 2 and Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, so it's worth sharing if this leak turns out to be true.

In response to one Redditor asking for some elaboration on the initial post, he responded "No one knows anything substantial. Believe me. I've been asking around. All that is known is that an update is real and happening. No one has any details that have leaked out regarding what exactly is happening with it or what all characters it will be adding and ect. yet.

The characters that I and people like Max have heard (Star-Lord, Ms. Marvel, Asura, Gill, Lady, and Rashid / Vergil) would be the most locked in logical inclusions to expect though. That is at least until something substantial does come out about it, that is the place to start with when it comes to expectations."

He also added that this "rebranding" could actually be the smartest move for the company, "A full rebranded launch would go a long way if done right. If they can attract both hardcore Marvel fans and casuals, then they're good. It is possible to make people have a 180 turn on their reception and view of MvCI if they put the proper effort and funding into it. Effort and listening to fan demand / criticism would go the longest way for something like this."
    https://comicbook.com/gaming/2018/10...nfinite-rumor/

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I like the gameplay of MvCI and it looks nice in motion but it seriously suffers from polish. Hard to get too excited when Marvel still has a lot of say with regards to character additions and supposedly some of the marketing (Capcom characters couldn't be shown winning against Marvel) but the presentation is all on Capcom so they have a lot to do.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Remove every trace of that cheap, plastic mobile UI and give us the characters we've been asking for and the game can be fine. The fighting was never the problem.

Focus on quality instead of cash-grab and good things can happen. Quality VA (get the actors back in the room and reserve more time), quality UI and and a focus on hi-rez characters.

Been Here Longer Than you
    BG Level

I don’t think the gameplay is actually that great either. It is significantly worse than both MVC2 and MVC3. The “switch any time” isn’t logical and makes watching it tough to follow, esp. for people that are new to watching a fighter.

Adding 10 new characters and updating the graphics will not save this game. They need to scrap it and start from the beginning.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Single move assists are boring. I don't want MVC 2.0. I already have MVC 2. I actually like the free assist because it elevates characters from being designated as "point only" or "assist only" because of weaknesses in either design. Either have a wide selection of assist moves to choose from per character, or keep the free system. You can release a HD remake of MVC2 for the purists in the meantime.

I don't expect you and I will agree on this issue, Welt. We rarely agree on anything to do with fighting games.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya

BG Level

Meh. Capcom should just chill with the IP for now. The fgc is so toxic at the moment, it wouldn’t matter what kind of product they put out. Good or not.

Straight Ca$h Homie
    BG Level

MvCI was trash. Making every single move capable of being safe for free is terrible design.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Renaming the game to try to bait in new customers wouldn't accomplish anything in this day and age. One quick Google search would tell you it's just a rebrand of a shit game.

Capcom seems to think that rebranding SFV with Arcade Edition has apparently fixed the game tho so...

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Krandor View Post
    Capcom seems to think that rebranding SFV with Arcade Edition has apparently fixed the game tho so...
    The next rebranding for SFV is rumored to be Super.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Deejay View Post
    MvCI was trash. Making every single move capable of being safe for free is terrible design.
    This is basically what I was saying with my last post, but with less words. MVCIs mechanics are trash. I didn't even like playing MVC3, but it was great to watch. MVCI is neither, by miles.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

even if they did the sensible thing and started from scrach, between capcom's current inability to get anything right with fighting games and marvel's draconian licensing arrangements, i don't see MVC going anywhere good in the foreseeable future.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Well, the fighting game division is headed by the Monster Hunter dude now right? Which is the only series Capcom hasn't managed to fuck up in some capacity.

So maybe things will start improving. Prolly not tho.

BG Level

I dunno, but whoever over there is leading the RE2 remake is doing a damn fine job.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

here's hoping someone at capcom can get through to marvel and make them chill out on the ip some. not likely, but meh. then capcom gotta own up to cutting every corner possible and let some heads roll.