+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 33 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 ... LastLast
    Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Were you playing on normal? I'm to understand you can't do that on hard, just not enough consumables to go ham like you can in normal by the time you've unlocked all your crafting.
    Spoiler: show
    by abby day 2 i was doing just that though, in order to rush thru the story and even then its still a bit much. They didnt need to pad it out with hours of extra "how do i get around this building" if they were out of ideas on how to keep it fresh and just not boring. Every day could have been shortened by a few rooms/loading tunnels and the game imo would have been better for it.

abby definitely gave into her demons, but by the end when im cutting her off the pole I was sympathetic and didn't want her to die. Although, when you confront ellie in the theater I def did let ellie get some murder up in there on her until I was satisfied with the revenge ellie had gotten lol.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

preachy and pretentious
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Salodin View Post
    Were you playing on normal? I'm to understand you can't do that on hard, just not enough consumables to go ham like you can in normal by the time you've unlocked all your crafting.
    by abby day 2 i was doing just that though, in order to rush thru the story and even then its still a bit much. They didnt need to pad it out with hours of extra "how do i get around this building" if they were out of ideas on how to keep it fresh and just not boring. Every day could have been shortened by a few rooms/loading tunnels and the game imo would have been better for it.

abby definitely gave into her demons, but by the end when im cutting her off the pole I was sympathetic and didn't want her to die. Although, when you confront ellie in the theater I def did let ellie get some murder up in there on her until I was satisfied with the revenge ellie had gotten lol.

Played on hard. Had to dial it back down to normal when
    I went up against Ellie
    . Momentum is the single most broken skill in the game and trivializes infected encounters.
    Abby's days felt a lot shorter than Ellie's.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

spoiler that momentum and abby part jic!

Yeah momentum is ridiculously powerful. Melee overall is probably way too powerful. Its basically better than shivs were in part 1, but just always available. I never felt outmatched ever even if I had no ammo, which only lasted until like day 1.5 cause they shower you with supplies on normal. The balancing in the game is pretty lame, doubly so if you still had enough supplies to go super aggressive in every encounter on hard the same as i did on normal

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

When I first took control of Abby, I definitely may have hrow her off some buildings and shit lol. Let Ellie kill me everytime she had a new weapon out. But by the end, after she is enslaved and tortured for months? I just wanted her and Lev to get away and live their lives. Even beore we see how rought it was for her, when Ellie is on her boa and reads the letter abby wrote to dead owen, I was ready to move on.

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Not another "Shit on the game" video. I mean it goes over a lot of really nice details around the 8:30+ Mark. Gives the story its proper credit.

Don't get me wrong, its still a critique, but it gives credit.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

There is plenty to critique about the game.

Just none of it based on the leaks are legitimate.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

https://twitter.com/LauraBaileyVO/st...918292992?s=20

Seems like Abby's VA has been getting death threats. Incels are truly a remarkable breed.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Everyone gets death threats, to be fair. Taco truck owners get death threats because they wear a mask. Death threats suck, and should be prosecuted wherever they can be, but they are nowadays as normal as salt on french fries.

To be fair, its nothing new. Humans have been getting death threats since the concept of death could be evoked in any form other than straight killing someone. Its just a shit ton easier nowadays.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Just casually normalizing death threats. Yep, just gotta shrug it off when someone says they will find out where you live and kill your child. Happens to everyone.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

And that doode said he'd find her and kill her kid AFTER he hoped her "parents die by a hard cancer"

But again, totally normal and happens to everyone.

it is pretty normal for people in the public eye lol. nobody is condoning it

preachy and pretentious
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Condoning and normalizing mean different things.

lucavi wasn't doing either

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

He literally wrote "as normal as salt on fries"

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Because it is as normal as salt on fries in this day and age. Death threats happen. ALL THE TIME.

Should they? No. Do they? Yes.
    Should the cops beat the shit out of blacks? No. Do they? Yes.
    Should the Germans have slaughtered the Jews? No. Did they? Yes.

You're better than this, Vaspinne. If you want me to replace "normal" for "common", I can do that, but both are true.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Nope, you're right, my bad. My first response to it should have also been to just shrug it off since it really isn't a big deal and just a normal part of life

preachy and pretentious
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by chazzyphizzle View Post
    lucavi wasn't doing either
    Maybe you need to read what he wrote again.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Quote Originally Posted by Vaspinne View Post
    Nope, you're right, my bad. My first response to it should have also been to just shrug it off since it really isn't a big deal and just a normal part of life
    I suppose it doesn't matter either way. You shrugging it off or not shrugging it off will not change the reality that it happens constantly, happened constantly throughout history and will continue to happen constantly until humanity is extinct.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Yep which is why we should just let it keep happening like normal and do absolutely nothing to denounce or change it. Because that's how it is and even if those threats are empty and most likely won't result in the person who's receiving them's death, we're all just gonna die anyway in the end so why bother trying to do the right thing, let alone at least make a half hearted effort to at least condemn it, at all amirite?

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I get that the US is in an incredibly shitty place right now, but holy shit, try to hold on to some semblance of empathy and humanity

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag