+ Reply to Thread
Page 32 of 33 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 LastLast
    preachy and pretentious
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Salodin View Post
    I'm surprised to see you guys talk up tsushimas story. At launch I heard that was one of the flaws, the game was so much bloat and they couldn't find a story beat to care about. I don't think they finished the game tho, so maybe it turns around

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    I'm not, I'm saying people can argue it if they want, but the other things I mentioned are honestly undisputable.

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

I used to watch old Kurosawa films, so admitted bias there, but I think the things Tsushima did to pay tribute to those films was something original and unique whereas TLoU2 just felt like a sequel (and not as good as the original).

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

My problem with tlou2 is I had to play through it. Took me too long to realize I could facesmash my way thru the game and just get it done, cause too many set pieces overstay their welcome.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

My only problem with 2 was the same problem I had with 1. The combat is super repetitive and not diverse enough to carry a game much more than 12 hours. The first one wasn't much longer than that so it got away with it. The second game was just too long for the gameplay to sustain it. While the narrative was really good it's depressing content almost wants you to take breaks often to kinda emotionally recharge, and unfortunately I really wasn't enjoying the game in between narrative moments so I kept finding it really hard to pick back up.

All that said it's basically the only GOTY candidate this year I finished so I guess it wins be default.

EDIT: oh I'm dumb ff7r was this year too, but it kinda had a same problems so I guess they are even.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

preachy and pretentious
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

60fps patch just dropped for PS5. Unfortunately there isn't a bump to 4k, but I'll take framerate over resolution anyway.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Proudmoore

It is getting a PS5 remaster to be released on 14th of Jan.

The game still looks good to me, not sure if such an early remaster is needed but on the positive side for the owners of the PS4 version there is a $10 upgrade path.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

10 bucks for a prettier existential despair crisis, let's get it

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

So we're going to have a series with two games, that also has two remasters and one remake. Ok.

preachy and pretentious
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Kaisha View Post
    So we're going to have a series with two games, that also has two remasters and one remake. Ok.
    What's the problem?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Kinda feel a little bad for Naughty Dog. They're become a TLoU factory like Activision was for CoD. That's all they get to work on.

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

They kinda ended Uncharted on their own terms so it feels like a decision they made themselves.

preachy and pretentious
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I think there's a perception that studios of this caliber are only ever working on one thing at a time (outside the all hands on deck situations). That said, few studios have demonstrated mastery of Sony hardware like naughty dog, in fact that's why Sony bought them, they were better with the PSX than Sony themselves were. Staying on topic, few things provide as much insight and mastery into the limits of new hardware than making a game for it, porting and remastering being a faster method. You put 1/5th of your team and the rest of your engineers on it, make a quick buck while working on your other projects.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Wait.

Hold up.

You mean the remaster of a game released only 3.5 years ago has roughly the same reviews as the original did upon release?

Getouttahere.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kirin View Post
    Wait.

Hold up.

You mean the remaster of a game released only 3.5 years ago has roughly the same reviews as the original did upon release?

Getouttahere.
    But did the original have a Destiny shirt?

https://twitter.com/destinytrack/sta...35938880897230

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by 6souls View Post
    But did the original have a Destiny shirt?

https://twitter.com/destinytrack/sta...35938880897230
    At least Sony got something out of buying Bungie.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

DF basically making this out to be more of a Director's Cut than a remaster, with how very little has changed visually compared to the PS4 version running on a PS5. You're mainly paying for however extra content the new areas add to the overall game, and getting a 4K presentation if you opt out of the 1440p/60fps performance mode.

Probably works out in my favor since I still have Part2 sitting on my PS4 backlog and will probably just play that version instead of paying $10 for the upgrade.

preachy and pretentious
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Kaisha View Post
    Director's Cut than a remaster
    What's the difference?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes View Post
    What's the difference?
    The point of a remaster is mainly to scale up the graphics to more current standards. Nowadays most remasters will usually also introduce some gameplay improvements and changes, but that's optional.

The terms Director's Cut is rarely even used in case of games and there aren't that many good examples of it I think. One of the most notable and easy to find would be the DC version of the original Resident Evil game - it added things like a beginner mode or arrange mode with changed up enemy and item locations. Graphics won't be changed in such cases. I would also consider the International versions of some of the FF games as a type of Director's Cut, like FFX and it's Dark Aeons and additional Sphere Grid, FFX-2 with new dress speheres (but also a completely new game mode) or FFXII with the changed license board etc.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag