FFXIV Character
    Uzuki Ashtear
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    The Scryers

I'm always skeptical when I see people complain about "it's too woke" cuz I just picture some neck beard incel mad that there's a female lead, POC main character, gay character, biracial couple etc.

I'm suspecting this falls under "corporate woke" where some out of touch execs want to appeal to a young, liberal crowd in the most disconnected and forced way?

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Idc about the character being gay or lesbian or trans or whatever, I don't need the character I'm playing to be a cis white male. I'll bitch about a forced gay lesbian trans main character and a forced straight white male character equally because it's bad writing and it annoys me. Some of the shit that happens is over the top and could probably be seen as derogatory by some types of people. Their portrayal of a lesbian couple is actually quite charming and done well which makes me think whoever was in charge of the character(s) that I'm referencing as "forced" was written by a totally different person.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by theshun View Post
    The beat-by-beat outline doesn't seem that bad. It's going to boil down to the dialogue and how it's handled.

this a fake leak and not the one that was leak from ND developer. Here is the leak
    Spoiler: show
    Sadly I couldn’t find ones with Full scenes anymore and Only ones talking about it, That Only care about making money over woke anger.

Certified Man-Child
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Uzuki Ashtear
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    The Scryers

Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post
    Idc about the character being gay or lesbian or trans or whatever, I don't need the character I'm playing to be a cis white male. I'll bitch about a forced gay lesbian trans main character and a forced straight white male character equally because it's bad writing and it annoys me.
    Didn't mean anyone here in particular, that's just the image that pops in my head when I hear "woke". Just wondering if it's like Ghostbusters 2016. To me that's corporate woke lol

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I don't think it's as bad as Ghostbusters 2016 haha

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post
    Idc about the character being gay or lesbian or trans or whatever, I don't need the character I'm playing to be a cis white male. I'll bitch about a forced gay lesbian trans main character and a forced straight white male character equally because it's bad writing and it annoys me. Some of the shit that happens is over the top and could probably be seen as derogatory by some types of people. Their portrayal of a lesbian couple is actually quite charming and done well which makes me think whoever was in charge of the character(s) that I'm referencing as "forced" was written by a totally different person.
    This. So far the only games I can think of that didn't feel like mindless pandering are Stardew Valley letting you marry almost anyone and Marjory/Kasmeer in Guild Wars 2

Special at 11:30 or w/e
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Corporate woke is a good way to put it. I too couldn't care less overall about the protagonist's sex or their sexual orientation. Give me a good coherent story with game play to boot and I'm with ya. What I had read was just a ton of really dumb shit. I'd love to be proven wrong because as I said, TLoU is a top 3 ever for me.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Fhloston View Post
    I'm always skeptical when I see people complain about "it's too woke" cuz I just picture some neck beard incel mad that there's a female lead, POC main character, gay character, biracial couple etc.

I'm suspecting this falls under "corporate woke" where some out of touch execs want to appeal to a young, liberal crowd in the most disconnected and forced way?

I watched a video by The Quartering talking about something completely unrelated to TLOU but now my YT recommendations are full of neckbeard incels crying about woke pc culture in vidya game and other nerdy shit, so at least according to YT algorithims he fits that bill.

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Anoat View Post
    I watched a video by The Quartering talking about something completely unrelated to TLOU but now my YT recommendations are full of neckbeard incels crying about woke pc culture in vidya game and other nerdy shit, so at least according to YT algorithims he fits that bill.
    A good portion of the time I think the woke whining is misplaced, or at the very least ridiculously overblown, even if I can understand from a fan perspective why people get so bothered by it. For instance I heard woke whining around RDR2 and I could not for the life of me get it. I knew WHAT they were complaining about, I just didn't see it as something that ruined the game. Some more context... I don't like when established characters are rewritten to be more woke, including color swapping, sex changing, making them LGBT out of nowhere when we have established their sexuality in the past. Theres nothing wrong with any of these things on their own, being a person of color, being LGBT, I mean, I'm more interested and usually opposed to the reasons for change, the politics being the changes rather than the changes themselves. I must mention it is an incredibly nuanced debate and I do not approach everything with "One Size Fits All" mentality. Most instances, my response will usually boil down to "I don't like why you did it, but it could still be good, we'll see".

I try to approach these subjects with an open mind because at the end of the day, sometimes its the unexpected things you like the most.

In this instance, I think its justified(Most of it, anyway). It is truly difficult to overstate how dirty they did this game based on the leaks. We're talking worse than Mass Effect 3 ending levels of dirty, because theres really no way another game or DLC can fix what they've done in this game. This is strictly speaking on story too. I think its worth reposting this image to remind people how much of a shit bag the guy in charge of writing this story is, how he ran out an incredibly talented writer who happened to be a woman, as well as worth re-mentioning the horrifically bad working conditions at Naughty Dog up too and including lack of pay for work done.

Art Connesseur of Blue Gartr
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Well hype level 0. Way to go Naughty Dog. Watched that video. Holy shit, They went full retard. You never go full retard.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Anoat View Post
    YouTube has an option to remove recommending those channels if your phone. Don’t waste your time with those idiot. for example that “The Quartering” doesn’t even play the games he suppose to be angry about. it’s all about clicks and money. They are as bad as the woke crowd.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Fhloston View Post
    I take the same approach. For everyone that likes to cry about this sorta stuff, they almost always push their own views and beliefs. There's always a lot of anger for anger's sake.

Quote Originally Posted by Ker View Post
    this a fake leak and not the one that was leak from ND developer. Here is the leak
    Much appreciate the link! That dude is pretty crazy himself, talking about indoctrination, cult culture, changing worldviews, agendas, etc. But the collection of the leaks gives me an idea of it all. I get why people are off put, but getting angry over it all seems excessive.

Special at 11:30 or w/e

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Malithar View Post
    I take the same approach. For everyone that likes to cry about this sorta stuff, they almost always push their own views and beliefs. There's always a lot of anger for anger's sake.

Much appreciate the link! That dude is pretty crazy himself, talking about indoctrination, cult culture, changing worldviews, agendas, etc. But the collection of the leaks gives me an idea of it all. I get why people are off put, but getting angry over it all seems excessive.
    Agreed. If that is indeed the story I know it's not for me because I don't care about stuff like that and it just sounds like a dumb plot/game. I have zero anger about it tho. Anyone who is legitimately angry over this more than likely has other issues.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

So Neil Druckmann just posted this as his story on IG, this is his takeaway from all the backlash received after the leaks. You really can't make this shit up. It's the EA Battlefield/Star Wars/Star Trek etc situation all over again, they never learn, it's always the fans fault, never theirs. Such a shame seeing a beloved game being bastardized in this way. I’m done with this thread and game. Thank god we got Ghost of Tsushima and Cyberpunk 2077 in coming months.

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Well that happened sooner than I thought.

God I wish companies would just boot these retards already. I'll never understand why a company that wants to keep people that attacks legit fans

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I don't really see how that post is an attack lol

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Ker View Post
    So Neil Druckmann just posted this as his story on IG, this is his takeaway from all the backlash received after the leaks. You really can't make this shit up. It's the EA Battlefield/Star Wars/Star Trek etc situation all over again, they never learn, it's always the fans fault, never theirs. Such a shame seeing a beloved game being bastardized in this way. I’m done with this thread and game. Thank god we got Ghost of Tsushima and Cyberpunk 2077 in coming months.
    Hey careful with that anger there friendo, being upset because something you care about is butchered in front of your eyes by people who don't care about it as anything but a means to push a particular political agenda is a clear sign you're basically a school shooter. You must have so many other issues.

/s

Quote Originally Posted by Eurell View Post
    I don't really see how that post is an attack lol
    I agree. I personally don't see it as an "attack", not directly anyway. If you're willing to read between the lines, I can see it more so seems to be displaying a level of ignorance as to why people are upset. Seems to convey a message that he thinks all the backlash is because people are upset at the very inclusion of these things, when a lot of the more rational backlash is that they've fucking murdered the franchise and characters people have grown attached too.

On a different topic - I hate that when a franchise is ruined due to poor writing by people who fancy themselves political activists, the focus is almost always on their horrible political message, and not the fact that its just fucking bottom tier, awful writing that has ruined an otherwise great franchise. I'm guilty of this too, I'm not ignorant of that... but honestly the "Wokeness" as some would put it is just a symptom, the disease is this mans atrocious fucking writing and lack of respect for the world other people worked hard to build and the fans that loved that world.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I like how it always immediately boils down to "if you don't like certain characters or plot elements it's because you hate LGBT, poc, and women".

Yup that's totally it, couldn't possibly be anything else.

BG Level

it's a lazy and unfair brush with which to paint all your detractors and can be used as myopic insulation against legitimate criticism (Andromeda) but gaming/nerd culture is also a cesspit of those prejudices and a lot of "SJWs!!!" criticism is inevitably rooted in them.

Conejita's Jolly
    Chaparrita's Dulce
    Trigger warning: Fuck your feelings.

BG Level

Those poor fucks @ND fucked up when they fired Amy bc of this hack. Anyway, expect a crowbcat vid about it in a couple of years, that's how bad it is lol.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 33 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag